Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rick Santorum hates black people

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

santorum welfare - YouTube

Asked: how do we get off this crazy train? We’ve got so much foreign influence in this country now, where do we go from here?”

Santorum singled out blacks as being recipients of assistance through federal benefit programs, telling a mostly-white audience he doesn’t want to “make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money.”

He wants them to earn it.

Makes sense...except for the singling out of 'Blacks'...

9% of Iowans on welfare are black
    84% are white

Nationally:

39% are white
    37% are black
    17% are hispanic

Rick Santorum is 100% douchebag

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  2. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

Santorum is a bigot, not a racist. His hatred for gay people is alarming in this day and age as is his hatred for minorities. He is an equal opportunity bigot.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

To be a racist you have to have power over them. Santorum has no power and never will. He's an anti-intellectual dimwit who is lucky to have a job. He's just a bigot and a liar. He's done if he doesn't win Iowa.

4. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

There was a reason he got crushed the last time he ran for office.

He, Bachmann and Perry will never get my vote as their bigoted agenda has no place in 2012.

5. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

i can't wait for some Howard Stern intern to corral Santorum on the campaign trail and ask if he's named after the web definition of the word "Santorum." And if not, if he has any comment on the matter.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

LND likes all these posts:D

From 2006:

CREW Releases Second Annual Most Corrupt Members of Congress Report | CREW | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

8. AllstonPatsFan

AllstonPatsFan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Most politicians are interested in keeping the poor on government programs to entrench themselves and grow their power. The Great Society has turned us into a nation of dependents, just the way the big government tyrants want it.

They are just as bad, for knowingly keeping the poor on the bottom rung of society for their own personal well being. Disgraceful.

9. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hate to burst your bubble but,

The 3 biggest federal programs are SS then Military then Medicare/Medicaid, welfare is next but mixed in with unemployment insurance, the right like to make a big deal of it cause tools and idiots aren't smart enough to do research they just listen then react.

File:U.S. Federal Spending - FY 2007.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The real problem is we are a military state and spend untoward of 3 times more on military then any other country....I forget the exact number but around 49 cents of every dollar we spend is to pay for past and present wars....

I love how the right hates poor people and wants to leave them out to dry but has no problem building a 50 billion dollar jet that we'll never use....or that most on the right have the balls to call themselves Christians....When in fact they don't know the first thing about Christ......

Most poor people don't want to be poor FYI, most people if given the opportunity want something better for themselves they work hard they do there best but life keeps giving them lemons.....There is nothing wrong with helping people and there is nothing wrong with having programs for them to help them, I would rather spend 50 billion on my people then 50 billion on a stupid jet........

Edit: Before the vultures come out and say the R.Paul wants to get rid of all that stuff, I have said and will continue to say that I don't agree with Dr.Paul on everything, this is one of them.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  10. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

You're reading too much into it. You are assuming that he actually knows he wrong!

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +734 / 11 / -7

Get it all on the table. We borrowed more than we can pay down w/what we bring in -- bring in more. If you're goring sacred cows, gore all of them, and that means taxes too.

And don't expect to pay everything down at once. You need to grow your way out of things, maintain those programs that have economic multiplier effects, and control the growth of spending for decades (it took us centuries to get here.)

The alternative path, if not used as a way to concentrate more wealth at the top, would be fine -- i.e., stimulus to demand, not stimulus to sideline money accumulation. But we seem to have chosen not to do that to any great extent, certainly not much in excess of what we've done thus far.

So, if we're in the "OMG we must cut spending!!!!" mind-set -- all I ask is that it be done fairly.

You show me the corporation that does not benefit (for example) from the ability to punt on wages and deferred compensation through bankruptcy laws, and I'll show you someone who doesn't understand bankruptcy. We give the give of Chapter 11 because we want the jobs of this court system rigged for "efficiently" re-invigorating failed companies.

Okay fine. But there's no mechanism to have the whole pool of corporations and companies backstop this process. Moral hazard at every level of corporate wealth.

The least we can do is ask for some of it back, whether in individual returns of the super-wealthy, in corporate taxes, or both.

You "win" in America by getting kids we all paid to put through school, drive on roads we all paid to build, and otherwise took advantage of a million aspects of our infrastructure. Our policies should aim at helping the country at large, as viewed through the lens of the usual economic indicators. But they also need to aim at the reality for the vast majority of Americans.

If "America's doing better" it does us no good unless Americans are doing better.

PFnV

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

I think there's increasing evidence that the Republican Party has racists at it's top levels, putting those who oppose Obama in an awkward position. All they can do is keep rationalizing the blatant bigotry of their leaders, but I really wonder if they're even fooling themselves at this point.

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He knows he's a bigot every time he looks at a black person and sees someone on welfare or a criminal. He just can't tell when it's leaking out for everyone to see. This is the weak point of every bigot when they're among "their own kind" and people they intuitively know agree with them. That's when it leaks out.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

I think Santorum is a terrible candidate, and have stated so. That being said, the numbers you posted are incomplete. It fits the political narative, but it's an incomplete figure when disecting welfare and ethnicity. The more accurate figure in such a situation, is the percentage inside the percentage if you will. A per capita number based on ethnic demographics prorated against overall population. For example:

Wiki:
    The state is 91% white, and 2.5% black, yet 9% of the people on welfare are black, and 84% white. According to the NYT Iowa had 38,500 people on welfare in 2005. The state total pop is 3 million. So if my rudimentary math is right, per ethnic capita, there are 3 to 4 blacks on welfare for every white in Iowa. Nationally I think the numbers would show an even higher percentage when prorated for population.

My numbers are taken from whatever I could find on the internet, and some quick calculations in my head. I didn't do them to defend Santorum cuz I think he's a boob as is. You simply don't mention "blacks" and "welfare" like that. It's never going to end well. My point was simply that the 84 to 9% numbers don't tell the entire story when it comes to the welfare breakdown. It's a figure for the ignorant imo. It serves a political view, but doesn't tell the genuine story.

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

What Santorum said isn't racist. It's simply racial. It's undoubtedly dumb to say in a political campaign, but being stupid doesn't mean you're a racist. It just means you're stupid. He may very well be a racist for all I know, but to certify so over his comments here, sounds as stupid as his comments were themselves.

16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Haven't you been reading the forum? If he's a Republican he is a racist by default. :rolleyes:

17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

Come on. He's playing into the hands of racists. The best you could say is that he's an enabler of racists because he's a cynical politician who wants their votes. But, that too is a form of racism. When you discriminate against a race, which is exactly what he did, you are engaging in racism. You could also say, he's just stupid, but then his comment would be a Freudian slip, which is basically subconscious racism. But, more than likely he was playing up to an audience that already has a distorted and inaccurate opinion of blacks.

18. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +668 / 13 / -28

while I won't argue about the douchebaggedness of santorum, but to put things in the proper perspective, Iowa is 2.5% black so the rate of assistance is more than 3 times higher.

even though there are nearly as many blacks people as white recipients of assistance, the population is 63% white and 12% black in the USA, so the assistance rate is more than 5X

19. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +668 / 13 / -28

liberal elitism is a form of racism

20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

He mentions none of that, the quote and video are posted. He specifically mentions "Blacks" and nobody else. There is nothing more racist, bigoted, prejudiced and stupid than what he said.

I wonder if he'd have the ballz to say that to Obama's face during a debate?

after all....statistaics show that he's only HALF black, so he shouldn't be 100% offended.