Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rick Perry Denies Guns and American Flags at his Prayer Rally..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 15, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Since the election of Barack Obama, Tea Partiers across the country have insisted on exercising their Second Amendment rights by bringing handguns and semi-automatic rifles to political rallies, even rallies at which the President speaks. The Texas governor denies the rights of Christians to protect themselves while worshiping...

The new American Taliban is starting to take foothold, after the document signed by foamy aftermath and Bachman and now this.. they are praying and hoping for all of the Jews to convert to Christianity... rapture cometh.

Religious madness is going to ruin my country..

FAQ | The Response: August 6, 2011

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Hey....who would the Christians have to protect themselves against???

No one else is allowed to attend.

The Response is a non-denominational, apolitical Christian prayer meeting and has adopted the American Family Association statement of faith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who else will be there?

Governor Rick Perry has invited all US governors as well as many other national Christian and political leaders. People of all ages, races, backgrounds and Christian denominations will be in attendance to proclaim Jesus as Savior and pray for America.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case it needed further clarification this also appears on the Web Site for "The Response."

This is an explicitly Christian event because we are going to be praying to the one true God through His son, Jesus Christ. It would be idolatry of the worst sort for Christians to gather and invite false gods like Allah and Buddha and their false prophets to be with us at that time. Because we have religious liberty in this country, they are free to have events and pray to Buddha and Allah on their own. But this is time of prayer to the One True God through His son, Jesus Christ, who is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...vw6-C9hZszEcI2DyJ-LbU5n61nvPyr6rYsicmWPvaJnM=
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  3. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only reason guns and flags aren't allowed is because the Stadium doesn't allow them.

I have no problem with Perry doing this as there is Freedom of religion.

From a political standpoint it doesn't make much sense. Why pander to the base and alienate a big chunk of voters if he plans to run for President?
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Because the SOP when running for a nomination is to pander to the base during the nomination process, and then pander to independents once that nomination is secured. Not everyone does that, but the vast majority do in some way, shape, or form.
  5. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree that most, if not all, politicians pander to the base when running for a nomination but this seems pretty extreme to me as Perry is the keynote speaker in a Christian only rally to be held in a football stadium.

Reading this makes me cringe:

Why The Response | The Response: August 6, 2011

Not that I would vote for Perry if he did run for President but him being a huge part of "praying" for a solution to our Country's problems doesn't work for me.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Well, I don't think he's expecting your vote bud. He's talking to the people who "cling to their guns and religion". I'm sure some of things you believe in make him cringe just the same.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

The question is - should a sitting governor even be allowed to use his name, his title and his office to initiate such a thing as "The Response?"

I was under the impression that it was, at the very least, unethical, to use your political position to promote a specific religion - or to exclude people based on their religion.

I'll go so far as to say it sounds fairly illegal - to say nothing of unconstitutional.
  8. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If I'm not mistaken I believe he invited the other 49 Governors to the event. This is a grey area so I'm not sure if he is breaking any laws.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

More from the American Taliban... is it interesting that you can bring a concealed weapon to college in Texas, but cannot bring it when you pray??? But then you never know when a Charles Whitman is going to show up, again.

Fox News America Live interim host Martha MacCallum brought on radio host Mike Gallagher who proclaimed .. lets play the main stream media card once again...

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

Organized Religion is a very DANGEROUS, BIG BUSINESS. look at the human lives that have been lost in The Middle East over it, look what Organized Religion (Baptists) did to Gay Marriage in California.

Pray to your supreme being at home or in your garage, stay out of those "Brainwashing Factorys" called Churches.

God Save Us From The Ass Holes.

:bricks: