PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rick Gosselin's Top Five at Each Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He has good sources and usually has the most accurate mock. By draft day, anyway, things could change on these lists over the next few weeks.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/draft/gosselin_rankings.html

A few comments :

RB : Williams over Maroney. I still don't like shrimp boy for the Patriots.

WR : Greg Jennings #4. If we want him we probably need to move in Round 2 but if we can re-sign Branch we probably don't need another guy like him - which Jennings is. Stovall, Avant, Baskett all out of the Top Five so they could easily be there for us in Round 3.

TE - Fasano at #3 surprised me a little.

DE - Both Lawson and Kiwanuka ahead of Wimbley who has seemed to be moving way up to mid first round.

OLB - Both Greenway and Ryans ahead of Carpenter. I'm still not thrilled about Ryans although I love his intangibles.

ILB - Gerris Wilkinson #3, he interests me. I wonder where he'll go.

CB - Richard Marshall not in the top five. I still think we have a shot at him in Round 2 although a lot of CB will be gone by that pick.

S - Bing not in the top five. I've heard we've had our eye on him for a while, I wonder how long he'll last.

BelichickFan said:
DE - Both Lawson and Kiwanuka ahead of Wimbley who has seemed to be moving way up to mid first round.

OLB - Both Greenway and Ryans ahead of Carpenter. I'm still not thrilled about Ryans although I love his intangibles.

ILB - Gerris Wilkinson #3, he interests me. I wonder where he'll go.
When considering DT, DE, and LB positions, you have to keep in mind that he is almost certainly evaluating them based on how they would fit in a 4-3 defense, not a 3-4.

I'm very high in DeMeco. He's a little undersized (but weighs as much as Lawson) and not as much pass rusher than Carpenter (but a better tackler). His work ethic and leadership are so strong that I would not be shocked if we took him. I don't think he'll last past the Giants at #25.

I see lots of players that may be ranked elsewhere but not in our system. And I see a couple of omissions....hmmm Cromartie not even in the top 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes