Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rick Gosselin's Top Five at Each Position

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by BelichickFan, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

He has good sources and usually has the most accurate mock. By draft day, anyway, things could change on these lists over the next few weeks.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/draft/gosselin_rankings.html

A few comments :

RB : Williams over Maroney. I still don't like shrimp boy for the Patriots.

WR : Greg Jennings #4. If we want him we probably need to move in Round 2 but if we can re-sign Branch we probably don't need another guy like him - which Jennings is. Stovall, Avant, Baskett all out of the Top Five so they could easily be there for us in Round 3.

TE - Fasano at #3 surprised me a little.

DE - Both Lawson and Kiwanuka ahead of Wimbley who has seemed to be moving way up to mid first round.

OLB - Both Greenway and Ryans ahead of Carpenter. I'm still not thrilled about Ryans although I love his intangibles.

ILB - Gerris Wilkinson #3, he interests me. I wonder where he'll go.

CB - Richard Marshall not in the top five. I still think we have a shot at him in Round 2 although a lot of CB will be gone by that pick.

S - Bing not in the top five. I've heard we've had our eye on him for a while, I wonder how long he'll last.

2. big mike

big mike Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When considering DT, DE, and LB positions, you have to keep in mind that he is almost certainly evaluating them based on how they would fit in a 4-3 defense, not a 3-4.

3. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

I'm very high in DeMeco. He's a little undersized (but weighs as much as Lawson) and not as much pass rusher than Carpenter (but a better tackler). His work ethic and leadership are so strong that I would not be shocked if we took him. I don't think he'll last past the Giants at #25.

4. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I see lots of players that may be ranked elsewhere but not in our system. And I see a couple of omissions....hmmm Cromartie not even in the top 5?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.