PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rick Gosselin's first mock draft

For some reason, I cringe every time I see Beason's name listed as the Pats pick at #24. I think it's the height issue......but then I remind myself of a guy named Zach Thomas that's had a pretty fair career down in Miami for a lot of years. I'm still cringing a bit though.

I would be very happy with this first round. Really, any combo of LB-DB or DB-DB and I'll be content. I really don't have any favorite players, I trust BB to draft the best guy for the Pats system.

So I'm strictly rooting for positions in the first round. :)

For some reason, I cringe every time I see Beason's name listed as the Pats pick at #24. I think it's the height issue......but then I remind myself of a guy named Zach Thomas that's had a pretty fair career down in Miami for a lot of years. I'm still cringing a bit though.

If we land Beason at 24, it would be a steal.

For some reason I found this mock interesting,,

Would Indy really take the best TE in the market?? (If so sounds like a Beoli move)

San Diego getting a sure handed WR in Gonzalez,, be good for them

Denver drafting a LB, makes sense.

Would Romeo Crennel take C Johson, over Brady Quinn, intersting option they would have there.

Carolina taking the fastest LB in the draft, fits their scheme.

And we end up with a LB and Safety, who would complain.

I would be very happy with this first round. Really, any combo of LB-DB or DB-DB and I'll be content. I really don't have any favorite players, I trust BB to draft the best guy for the Pats system.

So I'm strictly rooting for positions in the first round. :)

Exactly how I feel.:rocker:

He's got Minn taking Laron Landry at#7 who the Falcons are reportedly targetting at #8. I wouldn't be shocked to be see the Falcons make a trade with Wash @#6 to jump the Vikings. The Falcons have the picks to burn, Wash needs picks......
Or they could wait for Minn to use up their 15 minutes and get their pick in that way...Not that it hasn't happened before......

I would say that when it comes to BB/SP drafting... come to expect the unexpected.

Maybe a rb/wr combo or something totally out of the ordinary.

You just never know...

Beason and Griffin is not only a good solid first round - it is exactly MY first round. So major thumbs up to Gosselin.

Could we get a merge on this with the same thread in the Draft forum?

I see many problems with this mock: Even Matt Millen couldn't be so foolish as to pick Peterson 2nd, no chance. Quinn and Cleveland are on a collision course no one can seem to stop but Oakland or Detroit or a last second trade to move down because someone wants Calvin Johnson. Even if Quinn did last, Chucky in Tampa would take Landry or Adams, etc., before him.

The Pats picks?

Well, Beason seems like a solid player and he played at a school, Miami, which pumps out productive players. The problem with Beason at 24 is he's the most risky and lowest rated player of all the rest of the first round picks Gosselin has except for Dwanye Jarrett. BB and Pioli would have to be VERY high on Beason to take him with those other 7 names still on the board (plus whatever other 1st round names the Pats have that don't show up here). I'd have to think that Griffin would be called by the Pats before Beason. Not that I'm a big Griffin fan, but he's closer to a 'sure' thing and has no obvious size/wieght/speed shortcomings.

Last edited:
I can't believe that a LB with the amount of experience and intangibles that Posluszny has falls to #31 while a jerk like Jarvis Moss goes in the top 20. :violent:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back