Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rick From “Pawn Stars” Rants: Government is Destroying Us

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Apr 1, 2013.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +179 / 7 / -30

#51 Jersey

Rick From "Pawn Stars": The Government is Destroying Us

I have a lot of respect for this man.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I won't go that far ... but I do agree with him in part that government regulations hinder business ... they help some and hurt others and are way too much a part of it all. Easier to buy and use sugar in other countries than it is here for example. Businesses just pack up and leave. then we hear the campaign promises of jobs - jobs - jobs. Get ride of some regulations and some businesses will return to the USA. Too many lawyers in politics and not enough business people.

3. KDPPatsfan85

Ratings:
    +179 / 7 / -30

#51 Jersey

Corporate Tax is 35%. Hmmm...I wonder why there aren't jobs here. Regulations are killing small businesses. My father owns a catering business and because of the new regulations that Obama has signed, he lost 60% of his business because the majority of his business came from corporate functions.

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

The government should and could eliminate corporate taxes and gain it all back in more from more people paying income tax and less people receiving financial aid. Too simple a concept for the folks in DC ... because eliminating corporate taxes = election day fodder and equates with pandering to the rich.

The reality is and will always be that in a free market system money is the seed that creates jobs which are born of demand for a product. Where that product is produced has a huge impact on our economy and much of what was produced here before is now being produced elsewhere. The governments of China, Japan, D.R., India, Pakistan and Vietnam just to name a few love those regulations we have here.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  5. KDPPatsfan85

Ratings:
    +179 / 7 / -30

#51 Jersey

Agreed, the free market system works. The consumers are the seed that creates jobs. The more you tax the consumers, the less money we have to spend to create jobs and improve the economy.

6. Claremonster

Claremonster Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

The only thing I have against the gubmint, is that they're corrupt. If they were NOT corrupt, I would be 100% behind them! But, they ARE corrupt. Filthy whores.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Exactly and this is one of the main differences between conservatives and liberals. Liberals favor taxation and redistribution of wealth. That is not exactly a bad thing IMO ... however ... the government cannot nor should it ever be too large a part of the economy because they produce nothing. When government itself is consuming too much of the countries cash less is available in the private sector.

If the banks are lending more money to the government than they are to the citizens then the private sector suffers in relation to the public sector. The public sector is not taxed ... it is not a business and it produces nothing and is merely a conduit to cash flow.

Government does not take in money from other countries ... the private sector can and does take in money from other countries. If you have more citizens buying foreign goods with money supplied by the government and less businesses to take in/import money from other countries then there will be less cash flow for the country as a whole to share. This is why trade inbalance is an economy killer.

Now the same can be said of the uber rich ... in that they hoard too much of the countries cash. But if it's safer to invest in the government than it is to invest in the private sector then their cash cannot possibly help our economy as it is being given to people who are spending/sending it out of the country. If the incentives are there for the uber rich to invest in businesses in the USA then they will do that and the economy will grow.

Liberals want higher taxation of the rich to aid in the redistribution of wealth. The higher the taxation then the less seed money is available for the private sector. The higher the taxation the more money flows away from the country as it is the goal of the rich to obtain more money ... not to spend more money.

The governments debt is so huge that they continue to siphon the money from the rich to maintain their habit of spending more than they are receiving. The government does not want this to change because if and when it does then they effectively have lost power. Power is gained through the manipulation of the currency ... and round and round we go ... it's a lose-lose situation.

The corruption rampant in the Fed is one of the hidden reasons for the decline of America ... the government is aware of it all and does nothing to change it because the Fed continues to enable government to stay in power. If the gold standard was again used the government would lose a lot of their power. We do not have enough in gold reserves to justify all the debt of the government.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Conspiracy Theory: If there were a group of people around the globe who wanted to change our capitalist system into one that would more evenly distribute wealth around the world, what would be the easiest way to accomplish their goal?

Let capitalism fail...even MAKE it fail, that's how.

Now I realize if there were such a group, they would be committing high-treason and would deserve to be executed. But how would anyone know?

It's a ridiculously stupid idea, I realize, but there probably are such psycho's in the world.

So we as a people must ensure that capitalism not only survives, but flourishes once again....cuz we LIKE capitalism!!

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah, Rick from "Pawn Stars"...Noe there's a guy I want to take economic policy advice from. His unselfish and patriotic motivations bring a tear to me eye! Not saying he's a bad guy or anything. Just saying he's biased in a big way.

[​IMG]

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +676 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Yeah, me, too.

I'd respect him alot more if he hung with people who actually knew enough to keep their finger off the trigger, though, wouldn't you?

[​IMG]

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Morons can get rich, too...apparently.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

I love that show. My wife and I watch it all the time. I know most of it is prepped, cuz theirs no way they could know all those historical details, or be there everytime someone brings in an item of significance. Still, that's fine with me. It's informational none the less. What gets me on some of these shows, namely those garbage, flea market, picker type shows, is the outright useless junk so many americans buy for sick money. Giant rusty clown heads that I would likely take a wiz on if I saw it in a field somewhere, and people buy it at an auction for like $700. Say what?!?

We do take economic advice from a community organizer, so why not take it from the owner of a pawn shop? :confused2:

I can only imagine how little respect for him you'd have if he hung out with domestic terrorists, or hate filled racists. :)

13. Nunchucks

Nunchucks In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +224 / 12 / -7

lol, taking advice from a guy who's main occupation is "swindler." That is pretty funny stuff.

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +676 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Who's to say he doesn't?

15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +911 / 14 / -7

Cable-star conservative elites... they make all the decisions for the base...

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Ba-da....BING!!!

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I'd trust him more than I'd trust you. At least I know where he works!:D

Besides, anyone who has a CHOICE of whether or not to sell something, can not possibly be swindled. Buyers are SUPPOSED to try to get products for the lowest price possible. And that my friend is a good thing.

People just need to do their homework. If they don't, they deserve exactly what they get.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

He's a libertarian.

19. BSR

BSR In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

Yeah the guy has built a very successful business, invests wisely, is frugal with spending and is an avid student of history...yeah who would want to take advice from him!

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

While it's certainly possible that he might, we all know who has. ;)