Welcome to PatsFans.com

Richardson to Explore Presidential Bid

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

This is the kind of candidate that could do well. When we've discussed the 2008 election, I've said that the players who win their respective primaries, could very well be people we're not talking about yet. Richardson is a governor, and governors historically do well. I'm not sure what his positions are, but I think he's an Amnesty guy, which would cross him off my list. Not sure though. I've seen him in some interviews over the years, and immigration aside, he's at least seemed normal.

Richardson to Explore Presidential Bid

Jan 19 4:53 PM US/Eastern

By NEDRA PICKLER
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson intends to say Sunday that he is taking the first step toward the Democratic presidential nomination, several officials with knowledge of his plans said Friday.
    The former congressman, U.N. ambassador and Energy Department secretary is hoping his extensive resume will fuel an insurgent campaign to become the nation's first Hispanic president. He plans to announce Sunday that he will soon file the papers to create a presidential exploratory committee, the officials said.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

His positions are good on most issues like the environment (pro), education (pro) and the use of the military (opposed unless it’s in response to an attack on our territory). I have problems with some of his stances and this is just me: He supports death penalty, voted NO on maintaining right of habeus corpus in death penalty appeals, voted YES on making federal death penalty appeals harder, voted NO on replacing death penalty with life imprisonment, is against drug legalization and supports mandatory jail sentences for selling illegal drugs.

I wouldn't vote for him because of our disagreement on these issues.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Not sure because of his hispanic heritage he will be electable, as much as he seems like someone to look at, the potential backlash by the right wing mud slingers makes me cringe at how they can attack the character or any man or women who is not part of the blanco majority.
  4. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

That is coming with all the Dem' candidates. Obama, Richardson, and Hillary, are all going to get torched in certain states. You want to bet Obama's middle name gets a lot of attention in some areas. Richardson will get his fill of mud, no doubt. Geographically, he's a good candidate. A governor from a Southern state, it seems to have a good track record (Bush, Clinton, Carter).
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Look, mental midgits will not vote for Obama, Richardson, and/or Hillary for reasons of color, ethnicity, and gender respectively. The flip side is that other mental midgits will vote for Obama, Richardson, and/or Hillary because of thier color, ethnicity, and gender respectively.