PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richardson - arm in a sling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Rookie cornerback Mike Richardson, not first-round pick Brandon Meriweather, saw time playing inside on nickel situations. Richardson, however, was seen after the game wearing a sling, with a cast on his left hand. Richardson slipped on Keary Colbert’s 48-yard touchdown catch...

Well THAT blows. I mean, as far as DB's go, I guess he's the one we can most afford to lose, but still, I really like this kid. Perhaps a candidate for IR? I just don't like the fact that we may end up keeping Tory James - but, then, some of you guys thought TJ looked okay tonight, so maybe it's just as well. A little bit, though, he was veering into "binky" territory, and this puts a damper on that.

If that true that certainly is bad news I too was routing for Richardson to make an impact or at least the 53.
Hopefully is there was a sling it was just for precaution.

They're preparing him for the IR.

This is slightly different from Reiss post on the matter:

After the game, Richardson was in the locker room with his left arm in a sling and his left thumb wrapped. He declined comment when approached by the media.

He didn't say anything about a cast.

Last edited:
The kid was very impressive last night. Let's hope this is a minor injury and he can continue his development. He came so far during TC that he's established himself as a major consideration in the CB depth on the team. Talk about a value pick! Thanks, Charlie!

From what I have seen looks good, spends a lot of time close to the ball, seems he has the speed and intelligence, red shirting him would make sense so he can develop physically, sped more time around this team and become a player in the future.

they're preparing him for the IR.

I don't want this. Who else on this roster would make a good fourth CB? Unless this is a serious injury, I see Richardson making this roster even if he would miss a game or two.

I don't want this. Who else on this roster would make a good fourth CB? Unless this is a serious injury, I see Richardson making this roster even if he would miss a game or two.

We'll be okay. We still have Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, James, Meriweather, Andrews, Wesley and maybe E. Jackson will be ready or they can re-sign Hawkins. Oh yeah, don't forget Troy Brown!!!

We'll be okay. We still have Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, James, Meriweather, Andrews, Wesley and maybe E. Jackson will be ready or they can re-sign Hawkins. Oh yeah, don't forget Troy Brown!!!

Doubt that Jackson will be ready. Don't look for him until at least October.

Bam can play CB too.

The kid was very impressive last night. Let's hope this is a minor injury and he can continue his development. He came so far during TC that he's established himself as a major consideration in the CB depth on the team. Talk about a value pick! Thanks, Charlie!

I didn't know he was out of ND.

i think this will just be a minor setback for richardson - he had a little trouble with the wrist/thumb at nd - he will bounce back quickly - and will be a great asset to the team for years to come

i think this will just be a minor setback for richardson - he had a little trouble with the wrist/thumb at nd - he will bounce back quickly - and will be a great asset to the team for years to come

If you're telling me it's been chronic, that doesn't make me feel any better.

This is the first that I have heard of Richardson having wrist/thumb issues in college. Its not listed under his draft reviews.

i hope he's alright, i have been very impressed with his play so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey