PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Sherman wins appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seahawks 10-5*

*really lost to Green Bay.

It's reportedly a new 'tester' who's only been on the job for about 6 months and has screwed up a bunch of tests. Sherman isn't really found "innocent" here. He's walking because of procedural errors leading to collection failure.

According to Sherman. I don't doubt there's some truth to that. I used to conduct urine testing and certain percentage of the tests collected will get thrown out on procedures. Labels break, initials smudge, there could be a lot of technical reasons. But the truth is neither I, nor anyone I've ever met could make a sample test positive. The tests are looking for what steroids look like after they've been metabolized. How could anyone short of a chemist with a laboratory really know how to fake that and then put it in a sample cup without the subject noticing. It's absurd really. Then the test goes to the lab where every positive test was retested 3 times from the same sample to confirm the results.
I've heard of all kinds of things people do to pass the tests. Putting toilet water in, putting soap in. People claim the tester sprinkled cocaine in a sample. But these labs can tell what they're testing. A sample with cocaine sprinkled in would look like just that, not like a positive sample.
Anyway, it all comes down to this. Do you believe somebody somehow found a way to spike his sample or not?

People really can't be mad at him. If Brady really said what was mentioned by Sherman, then he deserved it. Its competitveness and nothing more. So what because he said a little something to Brady after proving him wrong. Patriots fans jumped all over the guy for telling his story.

Why the hell does he keep poking the bear? he is in another conference and we wont play him again for years, its his day of supposed redemption and he is fixated on jabbing pats fans for what reason? I dont see why anyone wouldnt want another shot at these punks we would run them up and down the field and make them look like jokes. Problem is they wont even whiff the SB.
I think it's Patriots fans "poking the bear." Sherman was probably getting a bunch of tweets from Pats fans and instead of responding to all just said "have a nice day."

Last edited:
The SB media week would be epic too.

Day 1:

Sherman: "Who the hell is Tom Brady. What has he done. He one man. Six SB appearances who cares bruhhhhhh"

Brady: "Sherman's a good player."

Day 2:

Sherman: "Tom Brady too much of a woman to address me like a MAN"

Brady: "Sherman's a good player."

Hey, doesn't anyone remember that the 2 safeties that were on the field in that 4th quarter comeback with all the "seam problems" were Tavon Wilson playing his 3rd game of his career, and Nate Ebner who was seeing about his 3rd snap of his life at safety.

What a shock! Mistakes were made. :rolleyes:

The situation is now entirely different from then. The best safety we had then is now the #3 safety, and Tavon Wilson has now had over 50 practices and 12 more games of experience since that game. So even if he got on the field against the Seahawks, he'd likely not make the same mistakes.

Actually, he made the same mistake 2 weeks later @ London against the Rams.

vs SEA

vs STL

Wilson playing deep, not shown in the screen. Same formation for Rams & Seahawks, and the same play. One a 50-yd TD for Givens, and the other a 46-yd, game-winning TD for Rice.

I hope Dennard & Talib are healthy for the postseason so we can have McCourty and Gregory/Chung at S. Arrington is not a good CB, but is what we have at the slot.

Last edited:
It would be very different but I see your point.

Their defense is amazing but Brady can handle it. With a healthy Gronk and Hernandez, we can beat anyone.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm not saying I think they'd lose if they play the Seahawks. Seattle does scare me the most, followed by SF if Justin Smith is healthy.

The Seahawks have the prototypical defense you'd need to beat the Patriots: they can get pressure rushing four, their linebackers are athletic, and their secondary is big and physical which could be problematic for our diminutive receivers. You're right in saying that Gronk and Hernandez would be the key, and I really cannot wait to see them both healthy and playing simultaneously.

Relatedly, I don't get the GB fear. A team with a marginal OL that can't run the ball? Sign me up!

Last edited:
People really can't be mad at him. If Brady really said what was mentioned by Sherman, then he deserved it. Its competitveness and nothing more. So what because he said a little something to Brady after proving him wrong. Patriots fans jumped all over the guy for telling his story.

Tell me about it. I would love to have this guy on my team instead of the **** CBs we've had for the last few years. Instead, we are all butthurt because he made fun of our golden boy. You should check out Twitter, nothing but Pats fans talking crap to Sherman when news came out of the test results. :bricks:

I'm inclined to agree. I'm not saying I think they'd lose if they play the Seahawks. Seattle does scare me the most, followed by SF if Justin Smith is healthy.

The Seahawks have the prototypical defense you'd need to beat the Patriots: they can get pressure rushing four, their linebackers are athletic, and their secondary is big and physical which could be problematic for our diminutive receivers. You're right in saying that Gronk and Hernandez would be the key, and I really cannot wait to see them both healthy and playing simultaneously.

Relatedly, I don't get the GB fear. A team with a marginal OL that can't run the ball? Sign me up!

The problem is that they are getting back a lot of key players that were injured. Sam Shields and Clay Matthews, both coming from injuries, are playing really good. They will be getting Charles Woodson, Jordy Nelson and Alex Green any time soon.

Also, they're getting back to the run game: 110+ yds over the last 5 weeks. But most importantly, I don't want to see them in the SB because it would be a huge task to stop an elite, mobile QB AND cover these guys: JJones, Randall Cobb, Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

Dude's got swagger. Good for him. I'd love to have a ticked off TB12 get another shot at this guy. I would wager the outcome would be different.

...Relatedly, I don't get the GB fear. A team with a marginal OL that can't run the ball? Sign me up!

Green Bay's the best team in the NFL.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. I would love to have this guy on my team instead of the **** CBs we've had for the last few years. Instead, we are all butthurt because he made fun of our golden boy. You should check out Twitter, nothing but Pats fans talking crap to Sherman when news came out of the test results. :bricks:

I'd take this guy on my team any day. And if we had been lucky enough to get him, we'd all love him, just like we loved Rodney. He's only a jerk because he plays for someone else and talks trash to us.

I also like Belichick vs Carroll in a rematch on any field.
I'll take Bill every day of the week, but he has been outcoached at times (Coughlin especially). I look at it as "nobody is perfect." Still, Petey is a great football coach and on a given day could outcoach anybody.

Wilson is doing a lot more things now than he was back when we played them. Their offense is just much better than it was. Obviously Sherman plays now. It would be a great matchup.

Green Bay's the best team in the NFL.
What is weird about that tidbit is that they are fully under the radar. Everybody is gah-gah over the rookie QBs to the point of forgetting all about GB. Big mistake. Like with Brady, if Rodgers has a big day there aren't many defenses or rookie QBs that will keep up with him. Well, there are none.

He's only a jerk because he plays for someone else and talks trash to us.
I wouldn't even call him a jerk. He's just doing what they all do. No sense in getting into a knot over one more mouthy guy. On the field Brady may talk more trash than any QB in the league but we have a way of calling that "Passion for the game." The way I see it he and Sherman are the same guy playing different positions. Interesting matchup!

Dude's got swagger. Good for him. I'd love to have a ticked off TB12 get another shot at this guy. I would wager the outcome would be different.

that plus the fact he called the patriots a "gimmick offense" after the game...both he and earl thomas.

What is weird about that tidbit is that they are fully under the radar. Everybody is gah-gah over the rookie QBs to the point of forgetting all about GB. Big mistake. Like with Brady, if Rodgers has a big day there aren't many defenses or rookie QBs that will keep up with him. Well, there are none.

You're right, and it's because they had struggles early on, and started out 2-3. People basically wrote them off then, and what they've done since has been ignored.

The Packers are 26-5 over the past two seasons, even counting the screwing they got in the Seahawks game. They've won 9 of their last 10 games, with their only loss coming against a Giants team that has shown it can match up with them. What team does that seem awfully similar to?

The Packers are the NFC version of the Patriots. The only real difference between the two teams is that the Packers have a better two-year record despite have played the harder schedule during that time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back