PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Seymour - was he inactive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

Did not even show up on the stat sheet, unbelievable ? Mr. Money talked about how great he was going to be now that he is finally healthy. He owes Bob Kraft alot of money................Highest paid NFL player in 2006, unreal !

Are there any Kool-Aid drinkers who want to even try and justify how invisible this guy was today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not even show up on the stat sheet, unbelievable ? Mr. Money talked about how great he was going to be now that he is finally healthy. He owes Bob Kraft alot of money................Highest paid NFL player in 2006, unreal !

Are there any Kool-Aid drinkers who want to even try and justify how invisible this guy was today?

I wish I could make you invisible here... permanently.

I saw him knock down a pass. Not much else.

He did knock down a pass. In the first half he forced Gore to cut back away from a hole.

Now that you mention it, I can't recall his name mentioned ONCE during the broadcast. Wow. I don't recall Wilfork's being mentioned either.

I wish I could make you invisible here... permanently.

He has a point. For a team (49ers) to give up a league high 19 sacks in 4 games but only give up 1 to New England looks pretty bad for the Pats. Their front seven looked invisable against Miami and today against the 9ers. If fans are going to play the "Seymour is doubled" card, then someone else along the line or LB's should be capitalizing against one of the worst O-lines in football. On the other hand, New England's O-line is making a case for that award as well. I'm glad the Pats won, but their defense should worry us until we play a good offense like um.....um.....well I can't think of any team right now because the NFL pretty much sucks this year.

-You know the NFL sucks when people are saying the Titans are a top 3 team in the NFL
-You know the NFL sucks when a healthy Chargers team loses to the Dolphins
-You know the NFL sucks when the Colts are getting their ass kicked by the Texans in the fourth quarter but somehow the Colts beat them because Sage Rosenfels is one of the dumbest football players of all time. Just slide man, your not John Elway in the '97-'98 superbowl.

Last edited:
Definitely a worry especially after they were impressive the first 2 weeks, but I predict they get it together when it matters. Too much proven talent up front for this to continue.

I actually watched the game. For those of you who missed it, the 9ers pretty much double teamed Big Sey throughout. That means that some other pass rusher (DL,LB safety) has an opportunity to get open or some other defender has an improved shot at tackling the RB. Playing the 'strong' DE in BB's system is not a glory position.

He has a point. For a team (49ers) to give up a league high 19 sacks in 4 games but only give up 1 to New England looks pretty bad for the Pats. Their front seven looked invisable against Miami and today against the 9ers. If fans are going to play the "Seymour is doubled" card, then someone else along the line or LB's should be capitalizing against one of the worst O-lines in football. On the other hand, New England's O-line is making a case for that award as well. I'm glad the Pats won, but their defense should worry us until we play a good offense like um.....um.....well I can't think of any team right now because the NFL pretty much sucks this year. You know the NFL sucks when people are saying the Titans are a top 3 team in the NFL.

==================================================

Cardinals have a good O.

When the Pats are in a 3-4 which they were for a decent portion of the game, d-linemen can be invisible and do their jobs. I didn't watch him specifically, but if he was tying up two or three blockers a play and letting others make plays, he is doing his job.

Are we really going to get on Seymour when the 49ers only ran 47 plays compared to 76 by the Pats, only ran five total plays in the third quarter, had seven drives of three or less plays, and another two drives of five or less plays? The 49ers weren't really on the field enough for anyone on the defense to really stand out.

Other than the first quarter and one drive in the fourth, the defense was stifling. And now we are going to get on Seymour because he didn't show up in the stats column when the defense wouldn't let the 9ers stay on the field?

ON the Niners 2cond TD drive, which I just watched btw on DVR, Seymour was horrible the entire drive. Please go back and watch this if you have DVR'd the game. He was abused the entire drive. Please go back and watch how this guy played, don't give us the crap Speed Defense excuses, go back and watch how he played, I'm re-watching it right now. He was BAD !

When the Pats are in a 3-4 which they were for a decent portion of the game, d-linemen can be invisible and do their jobs. I didn't watch him specifically, but if he was tying up two or three blockers a play and letting others make plays, he is doing his job.

Are we really going to get on Seymour when the 49ers only ran 47 plays compared to 76 by the Pats, only ran five total plays in the third quarter, had seven drives of three or less plays, and another two drives of five or less plays? The 49ers weren't really on the field enough for anyone on the defense to really stand out.

Other than the first quarter and one drive in the fourth, the defense was stifling. And now we are going to get on Seymour because he didn't show up in the stats column when the defense wouldn't let the 9ers stay on the field?

It's depressing how the Fantasy Football mentality and the focus on stats is ruining the game, or at least this message board.

And now we are going to get on Seymour because he didn't show up in the stats column when the defense wouldn't let the 9ers stay on the field?

WE aren't...just this psychotic who has this compulsioin to whine and complain about anything/everything

Last edited:

And that makes 3 to the ignore list tonight.... you clowns are unbelievable.

I urge you to go back and watch this game if you can. I DVR'd it and I'm re-watching it now. You'll be horrified at how NON-Involved Richard was. Turned around like a turn-style on a couple of plays 7 yards downfield. If you think it's a good idea to pay him as a top 5 DE and tie up a major portion of our CAP space to simply "tie up blockers", then I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes