PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Seymour in talks with Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
One actually, Seymour was with 07 team. We don't know that, Seymour coulda made the game ending play vs Eli in SB 46. Yeah for the most part, it was the offense who lost them those super bowls. Best offense in the league shoulda been able to score more than 17 and 21 pts.

On top of that he actually had Eli Manning in the grasp (and was obviously held with a guy pinning his arm behind his head) on the huge play that became the helmet catch, so Seymour was actually very close to having "the" big play to win that game.

The head referee actually came out and stated that he "started" to blow the whistle on that play to call Manning in the grasp. N.England was literally a milli-second away from winning that game....and a ridiculous once in a lifetime helmet catch.

Neither did Love or Deadrick...so..

I still am quite unhappy with the state of the defensive line myself, just as unhappy as I was going into the draft. I feel that it was a position that we could've used a player or two in the top 4 rounds at, but my opinion doesn't mean ***** because Belichick chose to go in a different direction. I personally do not believe that the position is very deep or strong at all. I think it's actually our team's biggest weakness.

June 1st cuts...TC cuts...always and forever there's bodies available to play the D line...I'd wait a bit before I stress too much on the loss of a Love or Deaderick...

June 1st cuts...TC cuts...always and forever there's bodies available to play the D line...I'd wait a bit before I stress too much on the loss of a Love or Deaderick...

That's what I am expecting Joker, some camp casualties etc that may be brought in for some additional competition.

It actually isn't either one of the loss of Love/Deaderick that is concerning me though. I personally felt as though the defensive line was the 2nd weakest position on the team behind WR going into the draft. I would have liked to see the position addressed in one of the first several picks. I just don't feel like there is much depth or even talent there, at least as of yet.

Of course, like I said---my opinion doesn't mean a damn thing. It's possible or even probable that Belichick didn't like the choices available at the position and/or felt that the priority just wasn't high enough to warrant spending a pick on.

At any rate, I hope that the D line will be sufficient enough to put more pressure on the opposing QB's this season. I think that may have coincided with the lack of success against TE's/RB's and 3th receivers, all which were our defense's major weaknesses last year.

remember the playoff loss to the Ravens last season?...Ray Rice didn't get his yards in the red zone running the gaps...he got them by getting to our safeties, especially Chung...over and over and over..it was horrible to watch...the DE on the right side of the Pats line was consistenly sealed off and Rice just abused Chung and the nickle who came up to fill...over and over in the 2nd half. I was very disappointed in the lack of pressure and penetration by the front seven.

so far this season, they've added a LB with very good speed yet a rookie...so yes, ?.

they've added a CFL defensive standout in Armstead...tall ,rangy and demonstrated quickness off the edge...a ? as far as translating from the CFL to the NFL but if recent past CFL standout D lineman are any indication, a seemingly very good gamble.

Cherrington...in the proper range for interior D linemen...we'll see....just like we waited to see with a Kyle Love....but you can't do that here with all these 20/20 hindsight "experts"...they all clamored with questions about keeping a Love on the roster, they'll do the same now, using Love as their defense...idiotic but...it's the product of ESPN fantasy league know-it-alls.

Tommy Kelley?..already getting the "he's a dog faker" Moss treatment from 2006. Could be but then again, he has shown proven ability to play inside effectively. Give me a choice between him and Love and I'm willing to take that chance in training camp that Kelley has something left in the tank.He could also turn out to be a Haynesworth...the thing is, if you don't try him, you never find out...which continually escapes the "knowers!!!!". To them, he's already garbage because he was with the Raiders...just like Moss.

and I just love how not one of the "experts" here ever even mention Jason Vega...he looks like a younger Ninkovich, has CFL experience and a seemingly good work ethic, local roots...it's just that the "knowers" completely dismiss any chance that he can make the Patriots roster because, you see , the Pats are so bad that why would they want a 25 year old that is a carbon copy of Cameron Wake down in Miami?

Forston, Grissom, Francis, Bequette...who knows?...we get to find out this summer....just like NO ONE knew about Deaderick or Love before THEY showed in camp...but that's not good enough for the genius parade of "knowers". The Pats D line is "horrible!!!!" because, well, trust them, they just KNOW it is.

It's like the totally idiotic "Brady is slowing down!!!!" posts that pop up every season since 2007...slowing down from WHAT????? He's Tom "Cement Shoes" Brady for krissakes...Steve DeBerg still THREW a tight spiral in his 40's...as long as the Pats protect Brady in the pocket, there's no reason to think he can't keep throwing passes like he always has...but no, there's "experts" here who have these super secret methods that unequivocally demonstrate that "Brady is slowing down!!!!!!". Once again it's this ADHD riddled need to find anything newer because it's just better.

I look at the PROVEN record of our Patriots team since BB took the reins and I AM optimistic that the moves he and the staff have made ARE meant to improve the team...why that has become such a dirty rotten bad thing around here is very puzzling to me.

I wonder if Seymour comes here. He said he wouldn't but that was a long time ago. Do you think he's still good?

I wonder if Seymour comes here. He said he wouldn't but that was a long time ago. Do you think he's still good?

He is better than the average bear, Yogi...

One actually, Seymour was with 07 team. We don't know that, Seymour coulda made the game ending play vs Eli in SB 46.

You're right, we don't know. He certainly didn't save the game against the very same QB in SB 42.

Why does no one believe the reports that neither Seymour, his agents, nor the Falcons are having conversation or negotiation?

It was only confirmed by both sides; and it would be strange if Seymour were NOT in Georgia, as that is his H-O-M-E !:eek:

You're right, we don't know. He certainly didn't save the game against the very same QB in SB 42.

That's debatable. But, a certain official thought otherwise. Oh well, what are you do right? If pats offered enough money I think Seymour would get over his hard feelings pretty quickly. Don't see pats offering the kind of $ he wants. Makes sense for him to go back home to Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back