PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Marshall Cb Fresno St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOWAKJOE

On the Roster
Reaction score
Richard Marshall a junior CB from Fresno St. has declared early entry into this upcoming draft. This guy would be a great addition to our secondary. I've watch a number of their games, and he really standsout. He is a great tackler,tough and can cover with the best. A Pats CB all the way. I'm sure he would love to join fellow Bulldogs JS and LM. Some draft experts feel he grades out as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. IF he is still around in that area, I have to believe they will pick him. You heard it hear first.

Fresno rookies worked out for us so far this year.

iirc...bb loves taking people from FS, doesnt he have a formor ass. there?

Richard Marshall

Not only do we like players from Fresno State apparently, but he also is a fantastic corner who could be a steal. He could be a fast riser though.

PatsSaintsSox said:
iirc...bb loves taking people from FS, doesnt he have a formor ass. there?

Yes, head coach Pat Hill was BB's tight end coach in Cleveland...

http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.htm
5'11" 190

Analysis
STRENGTHS: Tackling, Playmaking, Hands, Return Ability
WEAKNESSES: Anticipation, Playing the Ball
NFL COMPARISON: Marcus Trufant, Seahawks
Both are decent sized, physical corners who can tackle and play man to man coverage. Marshall is a bit more of a ballhawk though.

SCOUTING REPORT: ... He has shown equal effectiveness in zone coverage and man to man. His best asset is his playmaking ability. He is aggressive and goes after the ball. Marshall shows good hands in making the pick. He closes quickly and changes directions fluidly. In man coverage, he has the athleticism to stay with receivers but doesn't always turn his head around for the ball. In zone coverage, he must do a better job of anticipating and reading routes. ... In run support, Marshall is aggressive and a good tackler. He is a big hitter who can deliver knockout blows, but also does a pretty good job of attacking low and wrapping up.

Box_O_Rocks said:
http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.htm
5'11" 190

Analysis
STRENGTHS: Tackling, Playmaking, Hands, Return Ability
WEAKNESSES: Anticipation, Playing the Ball
NFL COMPARISON: Marcus Trufant, Seahawks
Both are decent sized, physical corners who can tackle and play man to man coverage. Marshall is a bit more of a ballhawk though.

SCOUTING REPORT: ... He has shown equal effectiveness in zone coverage and man to man. His best asset is his playmaking ability. He is aggressive and goes after the ball. Marshall shows good hands in making the pick. He closes quickly and changes directions fluidly. In man coverage, he has the athleticism to stay with receivers but doesn't always turn his head around for the ball. In zone coverage, he must do a better job of anticipating and reading routes. ... In run support, Marshall is aggressive and a good tackler. He is a big hitter who can deliver knockout blows, but also does a pretty good job of attacking low and wrapping up.

Yeah after looking at this sounds like a Patriot DB.

Returning kicks

It's an area we need to improve in and he can do it, but not as well as Blackmon can. He must improve his ball skills and he looks lost in zone coverage. I know the report says he can play zone, I just have not seen it.
I do agree, he could be a fast riser type in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes