Welcome to PatsFans.com

Richard Dawkins - Congress - Senate - Atheism.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 22, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    Saw this article in my newest "Wired" magazine ... I cannot find links for the story entitled "THE CHURCH OF THE NON-BELIEVERS".

Interesting article and one part of it I thought should be posted here. There have been many posts about the Evangelicals here. So why not a thread concerning this description and quote from Dawkins and his thoughts. TWO PROFOUND PARAGRAPHS QUOTED HERE, they are in reverse order...can't cut and paste when posting here to fix a post???

An earlier quote in the article that is relevant to the discussion, I admit I never realized this statistic, it is quite thought provoking as to civilization.
    The entire article is very good...perhaps it makes it 's way on to the internet.

GOOD RELEVANT LINK ON DAWKINS:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/22/books/review/Holt.t.html?em&ex=1161576000&en=2b9dc1cba34d0e6b&ei=5087%0A
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I agree with him except in the comparison to gays. As far as I can see its done nothing but gotten better for gays living in America in my lifetime. Not that its good, only that things have improved.

Us Atheists have suffered a significant setback in my lifetime IMO. I know I felt a lot more comfortable mocking the invisible man in the sky 15 years ago than I do today. Maybe I'm just older and closer to finding out for sure?
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    I must admit to being extremely naive on the topic of Atheism...perhaps there are many more like me. Rather strange how scared people can be concerning Atheism. It doesn't really hurt anyone or anything if you put enough thought in it.

I think it would be good for more debate on this subject in our media. I doubt it would happen...but like all things debate makes us naive ones a bit wiser.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

Athiest's, Homosexuals, Catholics, Protestents, Muslims, Monks, Indians, Snake Worshipers, Winos, who gives a sh!t, let them do their thing as long as they stay out of other peoples faces.

If there is a God you will know it when you die.
    If there isn't a God then when you die you won't know it, the lights will go out

Imagine waking up in a casket :eek:
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    Proof why America and the world has so many problems. I'll remember to be a Catholic and an occasional wino in my house with all the shades pulled down.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

I give them all my blessing but I don't want to hear all that "Im Right Your Wrong Sh!t" I don't want people "Flaunting And Constantly Blabbing About Their Sex Lives" I could care less who screws who, and I don't want "Wino's getting in my face begging for money"

I got my own problems.
    :bricks: