PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rhodes bashing Rodney on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have this reversed, rodney said rhodes is not that tough and passes on tackles first, and then rhodes said he detected jealousy

and rhodes is right in a way, hes definitely been better than rodney was over the last couple years
You're kidding yourself if you think Rhodes at his best is better than Harrison at his best.

Rodney has runs on the board. Kerry has nothing.

This has now been picked up by PFT. Twitter just rocks!
Harrison, Rhodes latest to continue border war
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 18, 2009 7:25 PM ET

Writing on his Twitter page Thursday, former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison wrote that, "The Patriots won't go into a war of words with any team, they hear everything and then use it to play better on Sunday."

That doesn't mean Harrison is exempt from a little pregame trash talking.

Harrison started the fun Friday afternoon, writing about Rhodes, "Kerry Rhodes is not really a tough guy, I saw him pass on plenty of tackles . . . I want to see what kind of game he brings Sunday."

Ouch. (Harrison repeated many of these points on the radio Friday.)

Rhodes quickly responded: "I'm detecting a lil jealousy from @rodneyh37 (Harrison's handle) he must wish he was playing 2morrow. My talent outweighs his ask belichick."

Belichick has often praised Rhodes, but we suspect he'll take a pass at that question. Or use it to puff up one of his favorite former players.

In a later "Tweet," Rhodes made a crack that the reference to passing on tackles may just didn't like jumping on to piles late. (Pretty funny.)

Harrison's response: "Kerry, you talk big for someone who has yet to even win in the playoffs you think you will ever accomplish what i accomplished?"

Rhodes later said he had respect for Harrison, but if we copy any more quotes from this battle, we'll feel like a schoolteacher documenting a fight at recess. You can follow Rhodes and Harrison for the next chapter, if there is one.

We're not sure how to feel about all the smack talk this week between the Patriots and Jets, and the ever-growing trend of Twitter wars.

On one hand, it's a typical media-driven storyline that distracts from the game.

On the other, it's a return to years past when there was a whole lot more good-natured trash talking and bile spewed between teams, before everyone got so sensitive that players should be seen and not heard. It's fun.

In the end, we welcome getting to know the players (and ex-players) a little bit better through Twitter.

We're just not sure there employers will agree in the long run.

Why does Rhodes keep asking if Rodney is playing sunday? Rodney's been there, done that and owned the damn shop that sells the t-shirt. Rhodes still has to make it through sunday with his reputation intact and win something...

Why does Rhodes keep asking if Rodney is playing sunday? Rodney's been there, done that and owned the damn shop that sells the t-shirt. Rhodes still has to make it through sunday with his reputation intact and win something...

Thats asking alot from someone who is nothing more than words.....

Adam Schefter's getting involved now too:

Me? I'm guessing Belichick prefers a Pro-Bowl safety with championship rings rather than a Pro-Bowl-less one who tweets about himself.

Seems it's over.
kerryrhodes: ok everyone that was fun but now i have to go back to studying for this weekends game! im gone let my twitter fam handle the rest!

Rodneyh37: @kerryrhodes I definitely respect your game on the field Kerry, but i didn't appropriate what you said about the Patriots its disrespectful.

Ah, that damn spell check.

Rodney will get fired from NBC if he keeps getting involved with this ****. He's in the media now, whether he likes it or not. He isn't a player anymore. If Rodney wants to be above Kerry's level, just ignore the guy mouthing off.

Harrison doesn't come away from this situation looking good.

dude, who cares about this crap? is a twitter fight more wussy than a slapfight?

I think it is

What he said ..... :yeahthat:

All these Jets threads are annoying ... who cares WTF they are saying :sleeping:... really.

Rodney will get fired from NBC if he keeps getting involved with this ****. He's in the media now, whether he likes it or not. He isn't a player anymore. If Rodney wants to be above Kerry's level, just ignore the guy mouthing off.

Skip Bayless is in the media.

Rodney hasnt crossed the line yet.

Oh would you just shoosh..

I'm sorry. IMO getting into a twitter war with a player is "crossing the line."

Skip Bayless gets in a war of words to ocho cinco IN PERSON. You're putting too much into this. Rhodes is going to get torched just like that bum from the Steelers did when he opened his mouth.

The Pats don't need an ex-player rallying in their defense on, of all places, Twitter. The Pats do their talking on the field. RH should chill and let these sand box players make fools out of themselves. They don't need any help.

Tweet fight!

Doesn't sound very manly.

Regards,
Chris

wow its funny i rember when football player would make fun of so called "nerds" that sit in back of a PC all day now they are the internet tuff guys

this is noting more then a act for us bloger and fan's

when they see each other they will go out to diner

Rhodes isn't top 5, he's barely top 10, and off course Rodney is jealous that he's not playing what kind of come back is that?

Kerry Rhodes is going to sack Brady at the knees 6 times and embarrass the Pats 2morrow.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey