My guess

Mankins 1st and a 3rd top level
Gostkowski 1st second level
Woods 2nd third level
Taylor no tender
===========================

We could lose Mankins.

Re: So have we tendered anyone?

Who would you want to tenderize a human being?

IIRC, even if a player signs his tender, he can still renegotiate a long-term contract before that July deadline, but if he's still on the one-year tender at that point, he has to play out the season on that tender.

Right, I may have been unclear on that. It's essentially like the franchise tag.

No one gives up 1st round picks for G's and K's. Just give Mankins the 1st round tender to get the contract done quicker.

I'm feeling some 3:59 tenders..mmm

No one gives up 1st round picks for G's and K's. Just give Mankins the 1st round tender to get the contract done quicker.

not for a kicker. but for a 3 time pro bowl left G that has never missed a game. i can see some one giveing a first for him.

there is not one G as good as him in the draft. so if some one is looking to draft mike iupati, why not give that pick for a all pro. and not a rookie and mankins is only 27.

not for a kicker. but for a 3 time pro bowl left G that has never missed a game. i can see some one giveing a first for him.

there is not one G as good as him in the draft. so if some one is looking to draft mike iupati, why not give that pick for a all pro. and not a rookie and mankins is only 27.

Because it's not just a 1st round pick you are giving up. Mankins will cost big time money for a G to sign long term. Also since 2007 there has been one OG drafted in the first round (Ben Grubbs). It's an undervalued position. If he played LT I would be buying what you are selling.

If the patriots had Mankins under contract, lots of people would trade a first for him. There is a great difference between a draftee guard and a pro-bowl guard in his prime.

Ghost gets Second round tender.

Good enough, I'd think. Per everyone on Twitter.

Re: Adam Schefter: Patriots tender Mankins at 1st and 3rd level

smart move......keep the poison pills away this way.......

could see the jets trying to replace faneca.......could see alot of teams trying to replace their LG with mankins

Show me an instance when anyone has given a first round pick in a trade for a G or K. They are two of the top 5 undervalued positions in the league.

1.P
3.FB
4.C
5.G

Re: Ghost gets Second round tender.

I'll take a 2nd rounder for him

I would have given him a first. Seems like people are going kicker crazy in the league this offseason. Big deals. Franchise tags. It might be a bit of a risk.

Tenders from PFW in Progress

Just announced by PFW in Progress:

Mankins - 1st and 3rd
Gostkowski - 2nd
Woods - Right of First Refusal (or Original)?

Last edited:

I would have given him a first. Seems like people are going kicker crazy in the league this offseason. Big deals. Franchise tags. It might be a bit of a risk.

My hunch is he's for sale at that price. If no one bites, they'll keep him. I think if an offer comes, even one, he's gone. He's been great, but not irreplaceable, imo.

I don't want to lose him but I don't think he's worth more than a #2 so I don't see it as a risk.

Good enough, I'd think. Per everyone on Twitter.

I certainly hope so. I can easily see the Colts or even the Donkeys making a run at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes