PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RFA Poison Pills the Patriots should hurry on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
So... before the No Fun League smacks down the new game the Vikings and Seahags invented... what RFA's are out there that you want, and what poison pill should we ram though before it's too late?

Me:

Josh Brown (Seattle, K) - "Contract shall be guaranteed in full if the player participates in more than three games this year in a state that serves as headquarters for the most evil rich white man in the world; Bill Gates."

Kevin Curtis (St. Louis, WR) - "Contract shall be guaranteed in full if the player fails to catch a one pass this year from a quarterback with three Super Bowl rings."

Cato June (Indy, LB) - "Contract shall be guaranteed in full if the player plays in a defensive scheme that features, as a percentage, more Cover 2 alignments than 3-4 alignments in the 2006 season."

;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
So... before the No Fun League smacks down the new game the Vikings and Seahags invented...

Good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Vikings and Hawks sure are having a spat. I say we stick it to the Colts with some creative contracts.

Sign Rhodes from Dolts

contract guaranteed and payable in full unless playing for a team whose #54 ripped the ball out his arms in a game

PATRIOTS-80 said:
Good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Vikings and Hawks sure are having a spat. I say we stick it to the Colts with some creative contracts.
Those contracts are non-CBA and if challenged would be gone!!

We should sign the kicker. He is pretty good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"the most evil rich white man in the world; Bill Gates"

The only thing true about this statement...is that he is evil.

OK, I guess he is white also.

Pats726 said:
Those contracts are non-CBA and if challenged would be gone!!
Hutchinson's contract was challenged and upheld, how can they not uphold Burleson's?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Hutchinson's contract was challenged and upheld, how can they not uphold Burleson's?

No ...I thought the Hawks saw which way the wind was blowing, and chose not to get it in writing ...YET.

Now they are ready, IMO With the Burleson corrallary and CBA collapse, facing the League. Besides haven't you ever heard of reversal decisions?

Cato June. We can stick it to the Colts and find a place for the guy.

AzPatsFan said:
No ...I thought the Hawks saw which way the wind was blowing, and chose not to get it in writing ...YET.
Yup, the Special Master ruled that the Hawks would have to guarantee the entire contract since at the time of the signing, Jones had a higher salary. http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SEA/9324117

AzPatsFan said:
Now they are ready, IMO With the Burleson corrallary and CBA collapse, facing the League. Besides haven't you ever heard of reversal decisions?
Sure, and I'm not sure there's any other way around it, as you pointed out, but I'm no lawyer. :)

Did someone from this board send Mike Florio an email about Josh Brown?

profootballtalk.com said:
POSTED 10:51 a.m. EST, March 25, 2006

PATS TO PULL OUT A POISON PILL OF THEIR OWN?

We always read the e-mails that readers send to us. Not just because we are gluttons for abuse, but because sometimes our readers offer up some pretty good insights.

And then we can pass them off as our own.

Case in point. Now that the Seahawks have signed Vikings receiver Nate Burleson to a seven-year, $49 million contract that becomes fully guaranteed if he plays five or more games in Minnesota during any year of the deal, the Seahawks could end up losing kicker Josh Brown if a team signs him to an offer sheet that becomes fully guaranteed if Brown plays five or more games in the state of Washington. By adding several big-dollar phony years onto the end of the deal, there's no way the Seahawks would match.

So it's possible that the Seahawks have outsmarted themselves.

If a team with a pressing need at the position (such as the Patriots) is willing to give up a seventh-round draft pick, they can get Brown by turning the tables on the Seahawks.

Also available for such a maneuver is Seahawks quarterback Seneca Wallace, who would command a fourth-round pick as compensation.

Why wouldn't we do this?? I mean poison pill notwithstanding - an offer for Josh Brown seems to make sense to me. What have we got to lose here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye