PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RFA Emmanuel Sanders visits Pats 3/16; signs offer sheet 4/10, sheet matched 4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Emmanuel Sanders signs offer sheet (Unconfirmed report)

Former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli called Sanders (5-11, 180) one of the underrated talents on the free-agent market and superior to any pass-catcher the Patriots could acquire in the third round of the draft. The Steelers are tight to the salary cap, so if the Patriots truly are interested it might not be too hard to craft an offer that is acceptable to Sanders and at the same time tough for the Steelers to match.

Technically, though, that's not quite the right question to ask; the more appropriate question is, "Is there any player at any position that would offer more benefit at that pick in the draft?"

The answer might still well be "no," but I believe the latter is the question BB asks.

Oh for F sakes, I give up...

Sanders left New England Friday without an offer

Observer-Reporter | Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders visits New England Patriots

e9f23b66_Seinfeld3.gif

i didnt read the article but the time stamps dont match up. the steeler article was posted 45 mins before midnight, the herald about an hour ago.

Nice. I hope this is true. There have been so many conflicting reports, my head is spinning like that little girl from the Poltergeist...

That was The Exorcist! :D

Emmanuel Sanders signs offer sheet

Get dhb and sanders in for comp and I'm reasonably happy. Of course we still could do with one more in draft

That happened before midnight. These reports that there was an offer signed occured at about 1:30 ET. So for now Ill stick with what most reports say, but I will take note that this may potentially true.

There is 3 or 4 more sources that say he signed an offer sheet including espn.

Technically, though, that's not quite the right question to ask; the more appropriate question is, "Is there any player at any position that would offer more benefit at that pick in the draft?"

The answer might still well be "no," but I believe the latter is the question BB asks.

That's not really the question, though. The question is, what are the chances, of the 25% (might be high) of low (if it's ours) third round picks that make it to their fourth year in the NFL, we will pick one who is also more promising than Emmanuel by that time.

For all those that panicked after Wes moved on to Denver, they should be kicking themselves for feeling that way. This will be a good receiving core if we can land Sanders. Tom is going to have some fun this year.

I wouldn't call the reaction to Welker leaving a panic. More like a disappointment. It didn't have to happen and it won't make them better next year.

Tom will only have fun if he ends up holding another Lombardi while wearing SB rings on all the fingers of one hand. That's a picture that we'd all like to see.

Now all we need to do is sign Talib, Vollmer, Abraham, another CB and a penetrating DT and I'll be happy. :rocker:

Now all we need to do is sign Talib, Vollmer, Abraham, another CB and a penetrating DT and I'll be happy. :rocker:

And We still have a first rounder after all this maneuvering today

To me, it looks like the Patriots are going after burners at WR. That's excellent news.

Yes that Wes Welker led 5 yard offense was making me sick.:rolleyes:

Anybody know what's Pitts dept chart at WR now with Wallace and *Sanders*
*possible* leaving? I hope we have a back-up plan if they match.

I agree with this but just add another cheap wr for competition, heyward-bey or something?

Anybody know what's Pitts dept chart at WR now with Wallace and *Sanders*
*possible* leaving? I hope we have a back-up plan if they match.

Wide Receivers
84 Antonio Brown
89 Jerricho Cotchery
80 Plaxico Burress
18 David Gilreath
-- Kashif Moore
14 Derek Moye
-- Bert Reed

^ thats worse than ours pre-amendola signing. Miller is a beast at TE though. Funny how they went from the "best trio" 2 years ago to this mess. I'm not even sure they can afford to address WR in round 1 with all their other needs either.

Yes that Wes Welker led 5 yard offense was making me sick.:rolleyes:
I'm not sure if you're being a smart aleck but I've been one of Welker's staunchest supporters during his time here. My apologies for being excited at an infusion of youth and a change in personnel.

Wide Receivers
84 Antonio Brown
89 Jerricho Cotchery
80 Plaxico Burress
18 David Gilreath
-- Kashif Moore
14 Derek Moye
-- Bert Reed

^ thats worse than ours pre-amendola signing. Miller is a beast at TE though. Funny how they went from the "best trio" 2 years ago to this mess. I'm not even sure they can afford to address WR in round 1 with all their other needs either.

Well if we go by track record unlike us atleast they can Draft them. Plax can play some and knows their system and Jerricho Cotchery can be a third down guy. Brown is legit and their Offense is not as complicated as ours...A Rookie WR would transition well there.

Well if we go by track record unlike us atleast they can Draft them. Plax can play some and knows their system and Jerricho Cotchery can be a third down guy. Brown is legit and their Offense is not as complicated as ours...A Rookie WR would transition well there.

Who is taking up all their cap room? Ben restructured, they cut Harrison and let Mendenhal walk. Polamolu isn't making that much. I can't think of any other good players on their team ;)

Yeah every other team is superior to us in every other way. We do NOTHING right. SIGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots