PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex's interview with ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

karguy85

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Its on ESPN now. He statements of bravado saying how the Jets are the better team seem to ring hollow. It just seems that he might not even believe it himself.

I found it interesting that he didn't really give much credit to Sanchez himself. He said that Sanchez "has a super bowl team around him." While I think that statement creates the inference that Rex thinks the rest of the Jets team is carrying Sanchez (which I agree with), I think it is dumb to call the rest of the team a Super Bowl team when they haven't accomplished anything.

The problem is, if the Jets lose tomorrow, it's going to be hard to flip the Apollo Creed swagger into the Rocky theme song.

Anyone who watches the Jets games, and I'm fortunate enough to have Sunday Ticket, would agree on the Sanchez statement. All you see on ESPN is the game winning drive, but you don't see his poor play for 90% of the game or the fact that most quarterbacks wouldn't have second, third, fourth, seventh, and fifteenth lives after failing in crucial parts in the game. Sanchez is completing 55% of is passes... is there any more telling statistic to measure a quarterback? He has tons of weapons and is always operating out of 2nd and 2. Brady, Rivers, or Brees would be 11-0 right now with basically no challenges. Manning would be 2-9 (sorry, just had to get that in.)

Ryan is like a little insecure high school girl. "Did you hear what sheeee said???" Seriously, who gives a damn about the predictions and who has the better team. What matters is who will win the game. The Jets have set themselves up with a glass ego, one which can be shattered easily. Their head coach is constantly talking about how great they are; it will be so sweet if they lose this game, just to see how the team reacts to being the #5 seed in the AFC.

Last edited:
The problem is, if the Jets lose tomorrow, it's going to be hard to flip the Apollo Creed swagger into the Rocky theme song.

Anyone who watches the Jets games, and I'm fortunate enough to have Sunday Ticket, would agree on the Sanchez statement. All you see on ESPN is the game winning drive, but you don't see his poor play for 90% of the game or the fact that most quarterbacks wouldn't have second, third, fourth, seventh, and fifteenth lives after failing in crucial parts in the game. Sanchez is completing 55% of is passes... is there any more telling statistic to measure a quarterback? He has tons of weapons and is always operating out of 2nd and 2. Brady, Rivers, or Brees would be 11-0 right now with basically no challenges. Manning would be 2-9 (sorry, just had to get that in.)

Ryan is like a little insecure high school girl. "Did you hear what sheeee said???" Seriously, who gives a damn about the predictions and who has the better team. What matters is who will win the game on Sunday. The Jets have set themselves up with a glass ego, one which can be shattered easily. Their head coach is constantly talking about how great they are; it will be so sweet if they lose this game, just to see how the team reacts to being the #5 seed in the AFC.

I completely agree. I get to watch a good deal of Jets games because I live in NYC. I think it will be a competitive game that could go either way (though I think the Pats have the edge). However, just seeing Rex's tactics this week make me wonder. He had to make baseless assertions that the Patriots' compliments were sarcastic, resign Coles in order to boost morale after Leonhard was injured, and say things like "I think the better team will win, and we are the better team." These recent statements seem a lot more uncertain than the statements he made earlier in the season.

Maybe they are having a really bad week of practice. I know reports were that the Pats had a bad week of practice before Cleveland. I'm just not sure, Rex just seems much more unsure of himself right now and has resorted to cheap tactics to lift up his team, boost morale, and legitimize himself and his team.

this is getting tiring really. jackie mac has another article comparing him and BB as coaches. ESPN cant have enough coverage. Why cant two people be different ? why is that such a big deal ?

this is getting tiring really. jackie mac has another article comparing him and BB as coaches. ESPN cant have enough coverage. Why cant two people be different ? why is that such a big deal ?

It was a good article but I think Rexy has a short shelf lie, he puts it all on the line, come tuesday morning he could be the hero or the buffoon, eventually hes going to have to back his words up and after a while of not doing it people will have had enough.

You guys are putting way too much into one game.

Even if the Jets lose tomorrow, they will still e 9-3 and need one more win to secure playoff spot.

One game does not make the season

If they do lose tomorrow you can bet Rex will be laying it on thick with the "we'll see who is better in the playoffs" rap.

The only time this guy is going to shut up is when they're done for the season.

If they do lose tomorrow you can bet Rex will be laying it on thick with the "we'll see who is better in the playoffs" rap.

The only time this guy is going to shut up is when they're done for the season.

"We'll see who is better next year!"

He'll make some predictable comments that the Patriots are an elite team and the Jets split against them, so therefore the Jets are great, too!!! I'm sure he will mention the fact that the Jets won in September at least fifteen times.

Last edited:
You guys are putting way too much into one game.

Even if the Jets lose tomorrow, they will still e 9-3 and need one more win to secure playoff spot.

One game does not make the season

Yeah, let's not talk about the most anticipated matchup of the season so far...

Yeah, let's not talk about the most anticipated matchup of the season so far...

So the season is over for the team who will lose?

I am surprised by you Pats fans, you have been thorugh many important games the last 10 years and know that one game is just one game(unless its an elimination game)

I am surprised by you Pats fans, you have been thorugh many important games the last 10 years and know that one game is just one game(unless its an elimination game)

What are you talking about? who said that the season is over for the team that loses? this game will go along way for playoff seeding and is against a fierce division rival. why can't we get excited over it?

Last edited:

I'm not saying the season is over, but if the Pats lose, this would be one of their worst losses in the regular season, and they have much more at stake than the Jets. Why? The reality is, the loser is put in a very tough position to catch up. Tiebreakers would mean the loser is now two games behind the winner with four to play. For the Patriots, this would be really unfortunate consider the playoff seeding. They've beaten a lot of tough teams and earned the head-to-head tiebreakers for HFA in the playoffs. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indianapolis, San Diego. Those wins would essentially all be for naught, as they'd have to go on the road despite beating those teams and earning a should-have right. The Jets have not beaten any of those teams, so a loss for them is not as cosmically unfair, in my opinion.

Last edited:
All i read from you is that the Jets will fall apart and go down in flames if they lose

All i read from you is that the Jets will fall apart and go down in flames if they lose

this is what I said earlier in the thread:
"I completely agree. I get to watch a good deal of Jets games because I live in NYC. I think it will be a competitive game that could go either way (though I think the Pats have the edge). However, just seeing Rex's tactics this week make me wonder. He had to make baseless assertions that the Patriots' compliments were sarcastic, resign Coles in order to boost morale after Leonhard was injured, and say things like "I think the better team will win, and we are the better team." These recent statements seem a lot more uncertain than the statements he made earlier in the season.

Maybe they are having a really bad week of practice. I know reports were that the Pats had a bad week of practice before Cleveland. I'm just not sure, Rex just seems much more unsure of himself right now and has resorted to cheap tactics to lift up his team, boost morale, and legitimize himself and his team."

I don't see where I suggested anything about the Jets going up in flames if they lost the game. I said it would be a close game that could go either way.

Additionally, Rex puts himself into the spotlight a lot and makes a lot of bold statements without much support. I don't think its wrong to criticize him for it and wonder his motive for some of the things he does.

Last edited:

Yeah, but the Patriots wouldn't.

It's YOUR do or die game, not the Patriots'.

BB could bring the Pats back if they lose tonight, the hysteric with the false teeth won't be able to get Sanchez and his "body language" fines paid off before the season ends if they get wacked tonight.

And don't forget for a moment, this is the Jets ONE YEAR OPPORTUNITY window. Even Ryan termed it the "all-in" year.

The Pats have umpteen rookies and second year players in big roles, not to mention the 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next year.

Franchise-wise, it's a stream roller versus a very loud firecracker.

Either team could lose tonight, only one team, though could lose and STILL have a great shot at this season and the next 8.

Last edited:
here is more
Rex Ryan: We’re a Super Bowl team because of Mark Sanchez | ProFootballTalk

Ryan said he believes the Jets are simply a better, more talented team than the Patriots.

“If you say the best coach will win, then Belichick will beat us,” Ryan said. “But if you look at the best team, that’s what I’m banking on. I think I have the best team.”

Asked about the Patriots’ mindset heading into tonight’s game, Ryan said, “I think they’re concerned. They should be concerned.”
i really hope the pats play their game and dont let the mind games effect them. that is what happened IMO in week 2 last yr when all the ryan bravado frankly got to the pats and they went with that stupid white board holding no huddle attack all of a sudden for no reason . Lets not over coach ourselves here ,thats all i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes