PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex with a dig "Tedy Bruschi come over and be a Jet also"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that was nice of Rex, give the old warrior another shot at a ring.

Maybe sign him to an incentive laden contract like J Taylor.

And you guy's think that Rex doesen't like the Pats.;)

Classless coach of classless players. Tedy wouldnt be a good fit.

Last edited:
000Jetscurly.gif

:rofl: Good stuff.

I had no problem with this comment. I had more problems with him saying the NFL was smart to give the Jets five primetime games because you don't put any average team on primetime. That was arrogant.

Personally, I think the head coach is there to coach not be a spectacle. If the Jets return to the team that backed into the playoffs and not the team that hit its stride when it hit the playoffs, that clown prince act will get tired quickly. The media and fans almost turned on him last year when they were 7-7.

I had no problem with this comment. I had more problems with him saying the NFL was smart to give the Jets five primetime games because you don't put any average team on primetime. That was arrogant.

Personally, I think the head coach is there to coach not be a spectacle. If the Jets return to the team that backed into the playoffs and not the team that hit its stride when it hit the playoffs, that clown prince act will get tired quickly. The media and fans almost turned on him last year when they were 7-7.

I personally hope, and believe, that this will happen. On Facebook, I told one of my distant friends on there (a Jets fan originally from New York) to quote me this December when the Jets fall on their faces and it started a little bit of a three-way stir between Jets, Dolphins, and my fellow Pats fans. I truly believe that the Jets are going to come up empty this year, despite all of that talent.

Rex's tweet, is TAMPERING!!! If filming from the sidelines instead of the press box is worthy of the Pats losing a first round pick, then contacting another team's player should cost them the same!! I can only hop that Godell is shipping #29 to the Pats today!!

I hope he signs reche caldwell.

I personally hope, and believe, that this will happen. On Facebook, I told one of my distant friends on there (a Jets fan originally from New York) to quote me this December when the Jets fall on their faces and it started a little bit of a three-way stir between Jets, Dolphins, and my fellow Pats fans. I truly believe that the Jets are going to come up empty this year, despite all of that
talent.

There is way too many personas/egos for one team. If they lose big in any game, that lockeroom will be uncontrollable. On the flipside, instead of signing a nut like the Jets,(Holmes)the pats sign a good guy for a
lockeroom.(Holt.)

I will use the 99 overall Jets in madden 11 online though.:)

Last edited:
Considering that the Jets are on HBO this season, it might add a lot more pressure to the locker-room if things don't go well.

I agree with Rob0729 on the point that Rex's arrogance - or is it stupidity? - when commenting about primetime games. Don't think there is any other coach who would childishly go around talking how great his team is.

But the comment to Tedy was good fun, imo.

I used to hate Rex last season after he put in the ex-Pats players as captains against the Pats game. But later on, I realized that he provided a good chuckle and a steady source of sound bites because he doesn't care a damn about whether he got the facts properly and never backed away from mouthing/showing his opinions/finger without thinking twice about it.

Jets should be fun to watch this year. I will be impressed if they continue with their mean D on the field and will be amused to see the squabbles and finger-pointing if things don't go good under this intense pressure.

All in all, should be a very exciting AFCE season.

Hopefully the Pats remain cool and on top. :)

Good stuff. I think he was just kidding around and apparently Brewski took it that way.

I think Ryan "wins" every time Pats Fans let him get under their skin and evoke a reaction.

My attitude is simple: the guy's an undisciplined blowhard who won't be "HC of the NYJ" four years from now. Sooner or later, he'll lose control of the locker room and/or he'll lose his cool in public at a player or coach like his dad. Until then, we should just enjoy the show and not take it personally.

do you seriously think the jets have a better shot at a ring than the Patriots?

your posts seem well thought out at times and now your buying in to the hype that surrounds the jesters each and every april

the planets all lined up last year for the meaningless run that has you all inflated. take it easy on the ring talk....i predict 3rd place in the division for the team with the green pants.

=====================================================

I think the Jets have as much chance for a ring as any team, at this point I would predict the Jets go 8 and 8 maybe 10 and 6. I will update that prediction in week 14.:eek:

I buy into the hype every year, I am a hopeless homer. This year seems little different.

Hey Zoo I did respond to your "you know deep down" comment in that other thread.:)

Rex is a jackass, never wish bad things on anyone, but will be interesting if Cromartie et al seek comfort in NYC.. a la Plexico... lots of distractions for rich follks..

hey guys, i'm new here as i usually just lurk to get some extra info about happenings in the afc east. for some reason this thread stirred me to actually post. are you guys going to take every word out of rex's mouth as a personal affront? the guy was joking around with tedy. you think rex really wants him to consider playing for the jets? has having BB as your coach all these years sucked all fun and personality from the NE fans? holy moly, chill, its a freakin joke!

just like the NY Rats...

jest.jpg

i saw it too and i laughed like probably Tedy has done too

it was for fun

Wrecks came up with a new Jets team song...

GET JIGGLY WIT' IT

Tedy doesn't need another ring. He alone has three time the amount of SuperBowl wins than your beloved franchise has in it's whole existence.

Tedy doesn't need another ring. He alone has three time the amount of SuperBowl wins than your beloved franchise has in it's whole existence.

i think he was being ironic.

I know some of you feel like you have to be outraged for some reason and you're just going through the motions.

What is it that makes you do it though?

Wouldn't it be easier to just relax and enjoy the fact that a head coach of a football team is making a joke?

QFT - lighten up, we don't need to have 10 pages of indignation every time this guy opens his mouth.

I heard Rexxy likes over the hill players.

we don't need to have 10 pages of indignation every time this guy opens his mouth.

quite true...we need at least 20+ pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye