PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex says no trash talk this week - they like and respect the coach and QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubt it, cause indy laid a beatdown on them last playoffs yet they didn't talk smack about indy

they truly hate you guys

Did you fall asleep before the Indy game?

No one called Peyton an ahole, but they did talk smack.

Indeed. He should be fined for that helmet-to-helmet hit he put on Welker. Unfortunately, Goodell has no concept of consistency.[/QUOT

Sure he does. He consistently overlooks anything the Jets do!

This says more to me about the perception of the Patriots than it does anyone else. Everyone knows the Pats and Steelers are good teams. Everyone knows that if you talk smack about one team they do nothing and if you talk smack about the other they'll bash you on the field.

I miss being the team that bashes opponents on the field. The team is to nice for it's own good, especially on defense.

Now hold on a second. The Jets talked trash leading up to the Monday night game, and the Patriots went out and bashed them on the field. Just because it did not happen this past Sunday does not mean this Patriots team is undoubtedly "too nice for its own good."

I don't get Rex's decision here. He was successfully building an us against the world mindset in his players, making them hate their opponents and giving them some extra motivation (I hate him & the jets but I'll give credit for this) but now their in the AFCCG he slams on the brakes? :confused:

I don't get Rex's decision here. He was successfully building an us against the world mindset in his players, making them hate their opponents and giving them some extra motivation (I hate him & the jets but I'll give credit for this) but now their in the AFCCG he slams on the brakes? :confused:

Because they beat the Steelers, he doesn't want his guys overconfident.

Ryan and the jets blowhard comments don't effect the outcome of a game 1 flippin bit. Annoyingly they're starting to think they do, Aaaarrrggg!!!

"Biggest blowhards on turf"

Nice strategy but the steelers still wanna kick your a**!!!

Yeah, you posted it right before me. Rob Ryan was on the Pats' staff and there seemed to never be any ill will between him and Belichick. Other than Ryan's blustery personality and Belichick's cranky exterior, these guys have a lot in common. Both are defensive minded coaches who are sons of football coaches.

Rob Ryan worked for the Pats?.....when?

I bet it would have been a different story if the Steelers had laid a beat down against them a month ago

Don't expect the Jets to do any loudmouth trash talk stuff this week...they don't hate Pitt and seem to say all nice stuff about the Rapist QB :rolleyes:

Jets wisely tone down rhetoric for Steelers - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

I think now that Ryan is the master of the "mind fu(k"....he and his team now coming out and ballwashing rapistburger and tomlin...just going on and on about how it is an honor to go to Pitt and play Ben.....WTF!!...I think rexy is now the new tony robbins......I thought he was jabba the Rex....now I think he is Yoda.....a big fat Yoda....but Yoda nonetheless!

This is confusing and annoying at the same time. I mean we had to put up with it why shouldnt they? Is it because they feared us and not the steelers? Or is it because they hate us and respect them? Or maybe they are just scared of the Steelers?

Simple. It is because the Steelers would talk back and not be punished for it.

Now hold on a second. The Jets talked trash leading up to the Monday night game, and the Patriots went out and bashed them on the field. Just because it did not happen this past Sunday does not mean this Patriots team is undoubtedly "too nice for its own good."

They aren't talking because the Steelers can and would bring heavy lumber right @ Sanchez. They have the blueprint to beat us, as he has now 3 out of 5 times. There's was a time when a Belichick defense would make mincemeat out of a young quarterback (or at the bear minimum make them look silly). That time has long passed. We beat the Jets by dominating them on offense, taking the pressure off our defense, and making Sanchez feel that the burden is too great to bear (Patriot wins: 31 -14, 45-3). They win by keeping it close and willing the victory (Jet wins: 16-9, 28-14, 28-21). THEY DO NOT FEAR OUR DEFENSE. They figure in a tight game when the focus shifts to defensive play - they win that battle - and they are right.

As far as Rex having this great respect for Belichick and the Pats? Maybe, but

"I was dead wrong. I thought it would come down to me and Belichick and thank goodness it never did, because he won that battle like he always does," Ryan said to open his postgame press conference.

seems a wee bit condescending given the meltdown by everyone involved with the Patriots this past Sunday. Is he smart enough to be this diabolical as he seems to be doing it with a straight face? Just wondering......

Last edited:
They aren't talking because the Steelers can and would bring heavy lumber right @ Sanchez. They have the blueprint to beat us, as he has now 3 out of 5 times. There's was a time when a Belichick defense would make mincemeat out of a young quarterback (or at the bear minimum make them look silly). That time has long passed. We beat the Jets by dominating them on offense, taking the pressure off our defense, and making Sanchez feel that the burden is too great to bear (Patriot wins: 31 -14, 45-3). They win by keeping it close and willing the victory (Jet wins: 16-9, 28-14, 28-21). THEY DO NOT FEAR OUR DEFENSE. They figure in a tight game when the focus shifts to defensive play - they win that battle - and they are right.

"I was dead wrong. I thought it would come down to me and Belichick and thank goodness it never did, because he won that battle like he always does," Ryan said to open his postgame press conference.

seems a wee bit condescending given the meltdown by everyone involved with the Patriots this past Sunday. Is he smart enough to be this diabolical as he seems to be doing it with a straight face? Just wondering......

As dumb as this might sound, If you look at all the times we've played them, BB has always had a hug, and handshake for Rex. They always talk, briefly. I think they actually do like and respect each other. You can always tell when BB doesnt like the opposing coach. He either wont say anything, or barely shake their hand.

As dumb as this might sound, If you look at all the times we've played them, BB has always had a hug, and handshake for Rex. They always talk, briefly. I think they actually do like and respect each other. You can always tell when BB doesnt like the opposing coach. He either wont say anything, or barely shake their hand.

You're almost certainly right, which actually makes me feel worse. I want Belichick to hate the F-ck as much as I do. If he respects him, that could mean that this buffoon is actually as good coach - that would be a tragedy.

Last edited:
You're almost certainly right, which actually makes me feel worse. I want Belichick to hate the F-ck as much as I do. If he respects him, that could mean that this buffoon is actually as good coach - that would be a tragedy.

I actually dont think he's that bad of a coach. I still dislike him, and wish he'd shut his trap though :D

I think I was not clear on my point. The reality is this was never personal in any way. Ryan simply wanted to undermine the coaching of BB by causing his team to violate the trash talk policy and go against the wishes of the coaching staff. He created a disruption in discipline. The Steelers have no such policy, so there is nothing to undermine.

Once again, Rex can take all the backhanded digs at the Pats he wants. We had a chance to shut him up, and didn't show up instead.

This.

:steamed::ugh::scream::violent::enranged::bricks:

I actually dont think he's that bad of a coach. I still dislike him, and wish he'd shut his trap though :D

2 years and 2 AFC title chances says he is more than an average coach...appears to be a pretty damn good one and knows how to motivate his players into believing they can win,something Belichick did routinely.

I hate to say it but Ryan could be a great one down the line,despite the circus atmosphere he creates..he's still a Top notch defensive mastermind like his dad and perhaps at Belichick level the past 2 years.

Tomlin had that type of coaching ability since he got the HC position and Ryan is going down that same path.

Last edited:
2 years and 2 AFC title chances says he is more than an average coach...appears to be a pretty damn good one and knows how to motivate his players into believing they can win,something Belichick did routinely.

I hate to say it but Ryan could be a great one down the line,despite the circus atmosphere he creates..he's still a Top notch defensive mastermind like his dad and perhaps at Belichick level the past 2 years.

Tomlin had that type of coaching ability since he got the HC position and Ryan is going down that same path.

I take the opposite view. This can only end badly. It's a short-term strategy. While it may work for the Jets since they have been pathetic for so long, this team will self-destruct in a way the Patriots never would under Belichick. It's built-in, it's genetic.

I take the opposite view. This can only end badly. It's a short-term strategy. While it may work for the Jets since they have been pathetic for so long, this team will self-destruct in a way the Patriots never would under Belichick. It's built-in, it's genetic.

I tend to agree with you, but it has to happen before they win a Superbowl. Once he does that, his legacy is cemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back