PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex says no trash talk this week - they like and respect the coach and QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. I really didn't take that aspect into account when I made that post.

With that said, he still should have gone for it. :D

We should trade for Eric Smith so he can take shots at players without getting fined/suspended/penalized.

With that said, he still should have gone for it. :D

See that is sorta my point though is that even Meriweather might agree but he had been conditioned not to do it. Over course of the season obviously these guys are going to try and avoid fines like the plague but come playoff time he might have been willing to pay the fine but the conditioning already took place.

I don't think I ever wanted the Steelers to beat down an opponent like I do now. NO MERCY!!

We should trade for Eric Smith so he can take shots at players without getting fined/suspended/penalized.

Indeed. He should be fined for that helmet-to-helmet hit he put on Welker. Unfortunately, Goodell has no concept of consistency.

Last edited:
Did any of you watch the Steelers game against the Ravens? That is one dirty azz team....If Rex does really respect that, he's a bigger d-bag than I thought. Personally, I think he's keeping his mouth shut and telling his players to do the same because he knows Pitt will hit them...unlike the Pats that have often played like p-words since Rodney retired.

Last edited:
Last two games Ryan did a lot of talking because he didn't want the media talking about Sanchez; he wanted to divert the attention. It worked.

Maybe this week he's trying to avoid getting players like James Harrison any more fired up then they already will be - or maybe it indeed is a subtle jab at the Pats, who knows.

Personally, I think he's keeping his mouth shut and telling his players to do the same because he knows Pitt will hit them...unlike the Pats that have often played like p-words since Rodney retired.

Except for the last Pats-Steelers game, when the Pats went into the Steelers house and physically abused them, sacking the Rapist five times. :rolleyes:

Newbie here (first time poster)

Kinda surprised that Rex isn't taking this game personally....since he was the Raven's D-coord.

Anyway...Go Steelers (makes my gf happy):)

Very misleading title. The entire post game confrence Rex was saying how he RESPECTS BB and Tom. He even called BB one of the greatest coaches of all time before the game. He may not like them, but its pretty obvious he respects them.

Very misleading title. The entire post game confrence Rex was saying how he RESPECTS BB and Tom. He even called BB one of the greatest coaches of all time before the game. He may not like them, but its pretty obvious he respects them.

Actually, I think Rex and Bill like each other more than any of us will know. They seem very cordial before and after games.

I really don't care. I am tired of all their talking. If they want to shut up because they respect Tomlin and his players, thank God. Who cares if it is a backhanded slap to Belichick and his players.

Personally, I think Ryan does this not because he hates Belichick and Brady and whoever, but because this is what he thinks the Jets fans want to hear and what his players need to hear. Belichick and Rob Ryan had a great working relationship. I wouldn't bet that Rex and Bill are cordial when not on the playing field.

I do think it is ironic that Jets fans have been biatching about how the classless Pats fans on the radio trash Rex and the Jets, but love it when guys like Bart Scott become Bart from Long Island and spews some of the same crap or worse.

I personally see no place for this crap in sports. I don't mind a little back and forth, but when it gets vile or mean spirited like Scott and Cromartie did I don't have any use for it. Milloy and Law did some trash talking in the playoffs in the 2001 season, but it was more playing the disrespect card than trashing another team or their players or coaches.

Actually, I think Rex and Bill like each other more than any of us will know. They seem very cordial before and after games.

Says way more about BB than any douche Jet fans will ever agree with.

Yeah, you posted it right before me. Rob Ryan was on the Pats' staff and there seemed to never be any ill will between him and Belichick. Other than Ryan's blustery personality and Belichick's cranky exterior, these guys have a lot in common. Both are defensive minded coaches who are sons of football coaches.

This says more to me about the perception of the Patriots than it does anyone else. Everyone knows the Pats and Steelers are good teams. Everyone knows that if you talk smack about one team they do nothing and if you talk smack about the other they'll bash you on the field.

I miss being the team that bashes opponents on the field. The team is to nice for it's own good, especially on defense.

He is only saying that to piss off the Patriots and their fans even more.

Simple. It is because the Steelers would talk back and not be punished for it.

Rex wanted a breakdown in NE Patriot discipline. He wanted to undermine BB and disrupt the order.

this is part of it , yes

but really, the jets hate the pats, which makes sense, same division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back