PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: "Tom Brady would be nice" as quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of showers, I feel dirty enough where I think I need one at hearing even hypothetical humoring of the mere thought of trading Brady to anyone, ever.

Tom retires a Patriot.
Belichick retires a Patriot.

This or we riot.

They're ours and we love them.

Sorry, but I can see trading Brady...

in 2018.:)

That franchise is cursed. The Jets will NEVER win another Super Bowl!
Same talk the 1990 Patriots got.

Their franchise is not cursed; it's mismanaged. They can be managed. I'd say that if Dan Snyder finally got it then anybody can get it.

Speaking of showers, I feel dirty enough where I think I need one at hearing even hypothetical humoring of the mere thought of trading Brady to anyone, ever.

Tom retires a Patriot.
Belichick retires a Patriot.

This or we riot.

They're ours and we love them.

Love Tom as much as anyone and I agree the thought is sickening but putting on the GM hat for a second would you seriously turn down say the Cleveland browns 1st and 2nd this year and next for Brady? I wouldn't. There is a price for everyone even the GOAT. That is 8 1st and 2nd round picks in 2 years with bill's draft record that is probably 1 all pro, 3 damn good starters potential pro bowlers 2 role players, and 2 busts. You have to take that deal as much as it hurts.

Their franchise is not cursed; it's mismanaged. They can be managed. I'd say that if Dan Snyder finally got it then anybody can get it.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Skins have had winning seasons before.

The difference, the Pats rid themselves of the curse of the Sullivans and Victor Kiam. The Jets are cursed with Woody Johnson for the foreseeable future.

Love Tom as much as anyone and I agree the thought is sickening but putting on the GM hat for a second would you seriously turn down say the Cleveland browns 1st and 2nd this year and next for Brady? I wouldn't. There is a price for everyone even the GOAT. That is 8 1st and 2nd round picks in 2 years with bill's draft record that is probably 1 all pro, 3 damn good starters potential pro bowlers 2 role players, and 2 busts. You have to take that deal as much as it hurts.

With the lack of QB talent in the upcoming draft, you'd take that deal?

With the lack of QB talent in the upcoming draft, you'd take that deal?

Yes I would for two reasons. We have a first round talent in mallet or someone who is good enough by signing Cassel. Are they Brady? Of course not but they have two all pro TE's and a decent running game to lean on. Plus think of the upgrades. I admit to not following college ball much but imagine being able to take a Julio Jones kind of receiver plus a top corner/safety bpa or choose your flavor.

The other reason is my faith in bellichick. Yes Brady is the GOAT and in a vacuum there is no one else I would want to play QB for the pats, that said I believe bellichick is the GOAT coach and given that kind of ammo would build the kind of team around his QB to dominate. I give Brady his due and put him as #2 on my list of why the pats are so successful, but number one goes to bill. Brady has another 3 to 4 years of elite Super Bowl winning play left. That trade keeps the pats relevant for 5 to 10 depending on what they do with it.

Eh? The run the Jets made in 2009 was due purely to luck. If the Pats don't put themselves in an early hole with an INT in 2010, they don't get out of New England with a win either. Both of those runs were incredibly lucky. I'll give credit to their defense as they were pretty damn good in those two years. But, since then, it's been shown that Ryan is anything but an "excellent head coach".

Wow, back to back afc championship games was merely luck. I suppose 3 superbowl championships were merely luck as well. Do you people listen to yourselves when you think these thoughts or is it just like a big hollow dong sound when these ideas come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots