PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: "Tom Brady would be nice" as quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a day one Brady's Lady yet I'd trade him next year for the right # of #1 picks from a top 10 draft position team. I would need to shower with strong soap and down a couple single malts afterward, but it would be for the best of the team.

Speaking of showers, I feel dirty enough where I think I need one at hearing even hypothetical humoring of the mere thought of trading Brady to anyone, ever.

Tom retires a Patriot.
Belichick retires a Patriot.

This or we riot.

They're ours and we love them.

The Patriots Organization want to thank Rex for the free rent that they have in his brain... obsession.

Speaking of showers, I feel dirty enough where I think I need one at hearing even hypothetical humoring of the mere thought of trading Brady to anyone, ever.

Tom retires a Patriot.
Belichick retires a Patriot.

This or we riot.

They're ours and we love them.

Preach it until their ears bleed.

He can't have him. No one can. Elite QBs are incredibly hard to come by and the Pats would be forever known for trading away the GOAT no matter what they did in the future...

Tom Brady is the GOAT, but he's not that good. That franchise is cursed. The Jets will NEVER win another Super Bowl!
emoticon-tv-015.gif

Lol. By definition, the goat IS that good. I didn't say he'd win a Super Bowl with the jets but they also don't have Matt Patricia running their D

Trading Brady would be like trading Babe Ruth...and a curse would go with it.

Ryan jokes that he wants Brady as Jets' QB - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I hate to admit it, but I have stopped hating Rex Ryan. He is consistently over-honest, and I'm starting to think it is pretty funny....

You are describing my own journey towards "Rex Respect."

I live in Manhattan and get the Daily News delivered to my doorstep every morning, so I've followed him closely for four years now, often more closely than I would like. For the first two years, like most Pats fans I just thought that Ryan was a buffoon (in fact, in all humility, I believe I was the first one to use the moniker "Wrecks" for the lad on this board).

But, as I've watched him over the last two years, I think he is a good HC who made the best Lemonade that he could out of a bunch of rotten lemons and deserves another chance with a rational organization, i.e., just about anywhere but the Jets.

I fault him for the following.

1) Losing control of the Locker Room last season. A "players' coach" doesn't do that. In his defense, he didn't have strong leadership in the Locker Room (no guys like Rodney and Brewski and Wilfork and, of course, TB), so things spiraled out of control; but, still, it shouldn't have happened. He re-established control in the offseason and got rid of a couple of bad apples.

2) Hiring Tony Sparano as OC. He had an abysmal record in Miami as HC and has never shown that he could be anything more than a good O Line Coach. He comes across as a low-class guy and, while Sanchez is no doubt a dud, he didn't help Mark at all. If he doesn't fire him the day after this season ends, I'll re-evaluate my view of Rex.

I do not fault Ryan for sticking with the Sanchize until the bitter end. The pressure on him from Tannenbaum and Woody to do so must have been significant, since they are stuck with a player whose cap hit no self-respecting team will take on as part of a trade.

Last edited:
Didn't he say Peyton was the better QB in 2010? I don't take anything he says seriously sort of like circus clowns.

Besides we already heard Brady's reply.

TB "I hate the Jets"

Not given his DVOA not to mention dead cap it wouldn't. Besides which any team he goes to will no longer be a top 10 draft position team. For as long as TFB is worth even a single first round pick I don't want him playing anywhere but for this team (let alone against it). When he's gone we may still contend...or we may seriously not. Over the course of a season he compensates for any number of offensive or defensive insufficiencies that apparently won't be obvious to some until he's gone.

Rex was channeling his inner Belichick today, right up to the point he essentially said Brady is the difference between the situation he's in and the one BB is in...

Disagree with this part of your post. That essentially agrees with Rats fans who say the Pats' and Rats' rosters are comparable and Brady is the only difference.

Even without Brady the Pats are superior to the Rats.

Tom Brady is the GOAT, but he's not that good. That franchise is cursed. The Jets will NEVER win another Super Bowl!
emoticon-tv-015.gif

If by "cursed" you mean suffering the righteous real-time karma for all of the despicable acts the Rats have imposed on other innocent franchises, and for being a general abomination and blight in the eye of whatever force that is responsible for all that is right and pure in the universe.....

....then I agree.

How anyone can like this douchecanoe (or think he's even a competent head coach) is utterly beyond me.

I think Rex is an excellent head coach. He took a Sanchez led Jets to the AFC championship game twice in a row. That is no small feet (pun intended).

I think Rex is an excellent head coach. He took a Sanchez led Jets to the AFC championship game twice in a row. That is no small feet (pun intended).

Eh? The run the Jets made in 2009 was due purely to luck. If the Pats don't put themselves in an early hole with an INT in 2010, they don't get out of New England with a win either. Both of those runs were incredibly lucky. I'll give credit to their defense as they were pretty damn good in those two years. But, since then, it's been shown that Ryan is anything but an "excellent head coach".

Eh? The run the Jets made in 2009 was due purely to luck. If the Pats don't put themselves in an early hole with an INT in 2010, they don't get out of New England with a win either. Both of those runs were incredibly lucky. I'll give credit to their defense as they were pretty damn good in those two years. But, since then, it's been shown that Ryan is anything but an "excellent head coach".

Exactly. And I'd in some good players left over from the previous regime.

The beauty of it all is that that run is what so many people cite as a reason to give Rex & Co. another chance. Just awesome.

Imagine if you grafted RGIII's legs and Ryan Mallet's arm to Tom Brady's body :eek:

You'd have a 4 legged, 3 armed, monstrosity. :p

You are describing my own journey towards "Rex Respect."

I live in Manhattan and get the Daily News delivered to my doorstep every morning, so I've followed him closely for four years now, often more closely than I would like. For the first two years, like most Pats fans I just thought that Ryan was a buffoon (in fact, in all humility, I believe I was the first one to use the moniker "Wrecks" for the lad on this board).

But, as I've watched him over the last two years, I think he is a good HC who made the best Lemonade that he could out of a bunch of rotten lemons and deserves another chance with a rational organization, i.e., just about anywhere but the Jets.

I fault him for the following.

1) Losing control of the Locker Room last season. A "players' coach" doesn't do that. In his defense, he didn't have strong leadership in the Locker Room (no guys like Rodney and Brewski and Wilfork and, of course, TB), so things spiraled out of control; but, still, it shouldn't have happened. He re-established control in the offseason and got rid of a couple of bad apples.

2) Hiring Tony Sparano as OC. He had an abysmal record in Miami as HC and has never shown that he could be anything more than a good O Line Coach. He comes across as a low-class guy and, while Sanchez is no doubt a dud, he didn't help Mark at all. If he doesn't fire him the day after this season ends, I'll re-evaluate my view of Rex.

I do not fault Ryan for sticking with the Sanchize until the bitter end. The pressure on him from Tannenbaum and Woody to do so must have been significant, since they are stuck with a player whose cap hit no self-respecting team will take on as part of a trade.

You're being way too generous. He had Tebow as his only back-up QB for a game when Tebow couldn't play because of injury. That alone is a fireable offense. He has NO control of that team.

The guy's a decent defensive coordinator. AWFUL head coach.

Think for a minute.

Is it possible...after four years of denial...that, by saying it "would be nice" to have his Quarterback, that Rex Ryan has finally kissed Bill Belichick's Rings?

Rex knows he's probably fired so kissing Belichick's rings would be his last act.*

*Unless Bill puts the rings on his toes.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots