PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan thinks they are going all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week is great because at least one of the teams from the Jets, Colts, and Ravens will lose. It's a win-win for Patriot fans to watch the wreckage of these teams' seasons while we get the scraps.

Last edited:
Jets are one and out and I am going to bet money on it.

==============================================

Personally I will neither bet for or against the Jets or the Pats ever again.

I hear Vegas has the Jets -3 point dogs.

the thing is, rex knows exactly how new york works. it's all false bravado intended to feed the ego of the the ny media and the simple minded fan base. this way it puts off the inevitable questions about he and his wife's whacky fetishes and threesome daliances. it's genius in a way, like favre and his down south, homespun defelection of questions. (tiger woods could have learned a thing or two from these guys). just as long as the jets can keep weiniegate, footgate and thighgate questions to a minimum, maybe they can concentrate on the game and have a puncher's chance.

rex knows, just tell them what they want to hear and maybe he can keep his job. the louder and the more obnoxious, the better.

I have actually grown quite fond of Rex, he is not a threat. He is a one trick pony whose trick has been played.

Almost as bad as this bigmouth named Belichick.

"I expect that our team is going to win every time we walk out onto the field....I've never gone into a game feeling like we weren't going to win it." (50 seconds in)

Seriously - you guys are being dumb about this. I'm hoping to watch the Jets lose in embarrassing fashion but every coach feels and says what Rex says to one degree or another.

No. You and your coach are being dumb about this. The quote you posted from BB is about games in general. Rex's quote is about certain games that he isn't even sure he will be part of. He predicts a three game winning streak that includes the SB.
BB has never spoken about a game beyond the next one and would never make a prediction about a game he hasn't even prepared for.
Nice try though.

Last edited:
This guy is such a blowhard. The Jets will lose this year and he will start patting himself on the back, saying this team overcame a lot of adversity, made the playoffs two years in a row, are an elite team, and will win the Super Bowl next year.

The Jets window of opportunity closed with their 45-3 collapse in Foxborough. The honeymoon period will be over for Sanchez after they fail in the playoffs, and they have tons of free agents and no draft picks. I can't wait to see Ladainian Tomlinson fail miserable with the rest of them, and I hope Jason Taylor is glad he used the Patriots as a bargaining chip two years in a row to choose "Super Bowl contenders" rather than Brady/Belichick.

Well, yesterdays Toes vs Bill game was Sanchez's best of the year.

Hes hitting his stride at the right time.

It is as the old saying goes, "The cream always rises to the top".

While the jets were partying and getting DUIs, other teams were working hard.
While the jets were eating cheeseburgers and having snacks, other teams were working hard.
While the jets were making tv shows and talking to the media, other teams were working hard.

Is it really any great surprise that their ability to execute seemed to tapper off as the year progressed? "Who will help me plant the wheat", said the little red hen! At the Meadowlands there was no response, they were too busy making movies and eating cheeseburgers.

The question is, are the jets capable of working as hard as the colts will work in preparation for this game (imo, no)? Or will they have to rely on the Manning playoff choke factor to back in to another playoff game (imo, this is the only chance they have).

Last night on Felger's train wreck on Comcast Sports Net (The show's actually decent, just wanted to use Felger and train wreck in the same sentence) he had on some "reporter" from Jets Insider. This reporter said, and I think I'm quoting verbatim here..."The Jets got their swagger back on defense today." When this little dweeb said this my jaw dropped. They crushed a bad Buffalo team and a third string quarterback who had practice squad receivers at home and they "got their swagger" back? What the f#CK is "swagger" anyway?
Anyway, this clown from Jets Insider claims the NYJ are much better now because they "found" a nickel back who can cover slot receivers - Marquice Cole. This is a practice journeyman who had a big game against a bunch of UFL players and he's the reason the NYJ got their swagger back. That's like saying Earthwind Moreland was the reason the Pats defense was stifling in 2004...

NYJ = 1 & done.

The NY Jesters will not win one game in the 2010 AFC Playoffs!

Anyone looking forward to next year's "Hard Knocks" already?
My God, I hope the Jets agree to do it again. :rocker:

The NY Jesters will not win one game in the 2010 AFC Playoffs!

I hope they beat Indy! I want them in Foxboro. Ryan gets his revenge game that he asked for!

Brady HATES the Jets...hates them! There is nothing more frightening for an NFL team than a HOT Handed #12 on his home turf playing a team he HATES in a playoff game! Oh, I want to see that. Then I want Baltimore because he HATES them too!

Last edited:
Is that Rex putting his (or his wife's) foot in his mouth?

Rex Ryan bi curious
New Jersey will lose to Colts but I'm still hoping we do get em!!

Interesting game against the colts. Do you think they'll have sanchez playing or has that other guy yesterday surpassed him. PRobably dumb question.

Anyway, what do you expect Ryan to say? We're one and done? He's all about bluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back