Rex Ryan says he's here to kick Belichick's @#$

Status
Not open for further replies.
rex is ready with his team

jabbatheryanandsanchez.jpg

rex beat something else, too

rex.jpg

OK the photoshops are awesome.

Just my opinion, but based on the way they interact after games, Rex and BB seem to genuinely like one another.

One team will win. One won't. And none of it will have to do with Ryan's bluster or Belichick's restrained media style.

And, the biggest newsflash of all, of course, is that this is only chapter 2 in what likely will be a three chapter book. Whether they play each other again or not this year, at 9-2 both should likely have bigger fish to fry. The bye is huge, but it's not the end of the story.

Winning first is nice. Winning last is crucial.

Just my opinion, but based on the way they interact after games, Rex and BB seem to genuinely like one another.

Could be. Doesn't mean we have to like him. ;)

Seriously though, there's probably no baggage there like there was with Mangina, or there would be if it was Rex's brother Rob who used to work for us. Although we as fans have a tendency to hate anyone associated with a rival organization, at the pro level you can't get so personal about it. The guy you call out today may be considering you for a job in a couple years.

We have only scored a total of 7 points in the second half in the three previous games against Rexy, we must greatly improve in that area.

We have only scored a total of 7 points in the second half in the three previous games against Rexy, we must greatly improve in that area.

i think this is overlooked in the 31-14 win last yr in foxboro. brady actually struggled in the 2nd half vs the jets but we were far ahead thanks to sanchez.

One team will win. One won't. And none of it will have to do with Ryan's bluster or Belichick's restrained media style.

And, the biggest newsflash of all, of course, is that this is only chapter 2 in what likely will be a three chapter book. Whether they play each other again or not this year, at 9-2 both should likely have bigger fish to fry. The bye is huge, but it's not the end of the story.

Winning first is nice. Winning last is crucial.

Well, it's not just the bye week. It's also 2 games at home instead of (likely) 3 on the road. That's huge.

You guys want to get a chuckle, check out Jetnation.com

Well, it's not just the bye week. It's also 2 games at home instead of (likely) 3 on the road. That's huge.

looking at the rest of the AFC, I like the pats chances at home against anyone.

on the road, not so much.......would not want to wind up in baltimore or indy.

"Rex has some stones on him"...you mean in his head ...right?.....he is an ignorant D-bag......and if you are implying that he is "bold" and tough.....nope....I recall him weeping and sobbing a few.times last year like he was competing against Brett Favre's first retirement press conference...

Ryan: 'I came here to kick Belichick's . . . ' - Extra Points - Boston.com

"As much as I respect and admire Bill Belichick, I came here to kick his ass, and that's the truth. That's just the way it is," Ryan said.

So much for no bulletin board material. Compare to BB, the master of praise of his enemy in his presser today:
"They're a real impressive team. Rex [Ryan] has done a real good job with the makeup of the team and the way that they've performed and come through in a lot of clutch situations. Whether it's been offense, defense, special teams, they've been able to make the plays that they need to make to win. They really do a pretty good job with everything: run the ball, make big plays on offense, real strong in the kicking game, like they usually are. [They] cover well, return well and rush well. And defensively, [they're] strong against the run, make big plays, pressure the passer. So, [they're] really a solid team in all three areas of the game. [They're] very fundamentally sound, well-coached, tough, physical team. We know we're going to have to play a real good 60-minute football game Monday night."

And then, in the Ryan quote from above:
Q: Rex said today that as much as he respects you, he came to New York to kick your ass. Do you have a response to that?

BB: Sure, that's understandable. There's no love lost out there between those two teams. We both want to win. That's what we're here for, Jets and the Patriots. I mean, both teams are walking out onto the field to come out victorious. Is that a big news story? That's something we didn't know? [That] he Jets want to win the game? [That] the Patriots want to win?

Q: Does his outspoken style amuse you?

BB: I don't really worry about everybody else. I'm trying to get this team ready to play. I'm not surprised that they expect to win and that they're confident they're going to win. I mean, so are we. It might be a headline story for you guys, I don't know: both teams expect to win.

---

BB isn't fooling anyone: he is going to be out for blood. Rex Ryan has some stones on him, I'll give him that!

Rex Ryan secretly wants to be Bill Parcells.

Ouch! I didn't know that we were shut out twice in the second half of the last three times that we played the Jets.

Though we could have bled the clock in the second game that we won, and obviously made key turnovers/mistakes that killed a potential score/drive in the two games that we lost, just seven points over six quarters is shocking.

I hate the Jets, but among all the wretched refuse on the teeming shore that is their team, Rex is kinda OK. At least he provides steady comedic value and never seems to fake anything. He just is what he is.

Maybe that's wrong, but he seems like slightly less of a worthless piece of trash than most of the other Jets.

While I can sorta "get" the idea behind the humor of Sexy Rexy and can see how others would find him funny, if infuriating, I find him mostly infuriating. :mad:

Before the season, when Ryan starting shooting his mouth off I commented how much of a blowhard he is and I was with my Dad at the time and he said, "he's the living embodiment of the word." Indeed, he is. Look up "blowhard" in the dictionary and you should see his picture there. No other word captures him to a T.

That said, I admit I can and do find him humorous at times. :D

Why? He's just a fat blathering oaf who thinks he can get away with being crude and rude if he prefaces his statements with lip service to "respect" and "admiration," etc., etc. He's just an obnoxious person playing the role of carnival barker as orchestrated by his boss.

Rex Ryan is exactly what the Jets and NY need heading into Foxboro. Take the heat off the players show some sass and swagger. None of it matters in the end. It will be about execution and matchups. The difference this time is the Pats have guys who execute the game plan to a T in Branch, BJGE, Woodhead and Mankins starting on offense which theye did not have last outing - big difference.

The key for the Pats is what they take away from the Green Bay defense that shut out the Jest. I like Belichick with an extra 4 days to prepare for Sancheeze and the Jets' extremely inconsistent offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back