PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan says he's here to kick Belichick's @#$

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...10/11/ryan_i_came_her.html?rss_id=Top+Stories

"As much as I respect and admire Bill Belichick, I came here to kick his ass, and that's the truth. That's just the way it is," Ryan said.

So much for no bulletin board material. Compare to BB, the master of praise of his enemy in his presser today:
"They're a real impressive team. Rex [Ryan] has done a real good job with the makeup of the team and the way that they've performed and come through in a lot of clutch situations. Whether it's been offense, defense, special teams, they've been able to make the plays that they need to make to win. They really do a pretty good job with everything: run the ball, make big plays on offense, real strong in the kicking game, like they usually are. [They] cover well, return well and rush well. And defensively, [they're] strong against the run, make big plays, pressure the passer. So, [they're] really a solid team in all three areas of the game. [They're] very fundamentally sound, well-coached, tough, physical team. We know we're going to have to play a real good 60-minute football game Monday night."

And then, in the Ryan quote from above:
Q: Rex said today that as much as he respects you, he came to New York to kick your ass. Do you have a response to that?

BB: Sure, that's understandable. There's no love lost out there between those two teams. We both want to win. That's what we're here for, Jets and the Patriots. I mean, both teams are walking out onto the field to come out victorious. Is that a big news story? That's something we didn't know? [That] he Jets want to win the game? [That] the Patriots want to win?

Q: Does his outspoken style amuse you?

BB: I don't really worry about everybody else. I'm trying to get this team ready to play. I'm not surprised that they expect to win and that they're confident they're going to win. I mean, so are we. It might be a headline story for you guys, I don't know: both teams expect to win.

---

BB isn't fooling anyone: he is going to be out for blood. Rex Ryan has some stones on him, I'll give him that!

Last edited:
frankly there is nothing here as BB says. Every team which goes out to play thinks it will win .The jets just say it repeatedly that they arent scared of anybody etc etc. when in reality no team is scared of anyone and every teams thinks it will win. So BB is right, no news flash here IMO.

frankly there is nothing here as BB says. Every team which goes out to play thinks it will win .The jets just say it repeatedly that they arent scared of anybody etc etc. when in reality no team is scared of anyone and every teams thinks it will win. So BB is right, no news flash here IMO.
It's just two different ways of going about it. BB is measured and likes to keep everything in house whereas Rex likes to boast and keep the Jets in the presses. He's doing a great job of keeping the Jets at the forefront of everyone's mind. BB has past accomplishment that does his PR. Rex is doing his PR by keeping the Jets in the headlines. It's smart business until it starts backfiring.

Its not even a real article. OP's just trying to stir up ****.

That whole story says it all. Rex will gamble it all with that statement. Man, to make him eat those words (with some cheese sauce, I'm sure). This is an absolute must win game for us. Division wise yes, but to just shut up those big mouthed jest. I've never despised them more in my life. Jeez, the cheating, spying...all the excuse, who gives a F***. It's just the plain old boasting, to deminish all the Pats have done in recent history for a few recent wins. This is big to maintain our dominance and record. Pats win:rocker:

This game will be just like ours with the Saints last year only the Jets are on the receiving end.

Last edited:
==============================================================================:)

Last edited:
TFB > RRG

truth

That whole story says it all. Rex will gamble it all with that statement. Man, to make him eat those words (with some cheese sauce, I'm sure). This is an absolute must win game for us. Division wise yes, but to just shut up those big mouthed jest. I've never despised them more in my life. Jeez, the cheating, spying...all the excuse, who gives a F***. It's just the plain old boasting, to deminish all the Pats have done in recent history for a few recent wins. This is big to maintain our dominance and record. Pats win:rocker:

+1

I can't wait for this freaking game.

There's no way that BB is going to let Rex Ryan talk louder than his rings. The pats are going to prove monday night that there really is one offense that cannot be stopped in the NFL. Brady is going to put on a symphony if front of millions of viewers.

Wrong, but thanks for pointing out the link wasn't working. What did you think I made up the quote and the quotes from the BB presser?

Ryan: 'I came here to kick Belichick's . . . ' - Extra Points - Boston.com

My sincere apologies Neuronet.

Its not an excuse, but I've seen people do this in the past far too often, and seeing that your link led to a bad page, I assumed the same of you. I'm truly sorry for assuming that of you.

BTW, you'd be amazed at the stuff people will make up, quotes included, to stir the pot.

Last edited:
I bet the Jest will be more vocal closer to game time. I hope they can't keep their traps shut, because our guys will be silently motivated by their trash talk and the win will be that much sweeter. GO PATS, man I'm pumped for this game, got work off on Monday :rocker:

Talking makes no difference. The Jets can talk smack and lose. They can also talk smack and win.
Rex has been talking since day 1 and they 9-2

You gotta love Rex Ryans Passion to kick Bellichick's a**

What Rexy said doesn't bother me. I say bring it.

It's just fun to think about how people would be filling their pants if BB said this, calling him "classless" and everything else; but when Rexy says it, then it's cool. :rolleyes:

I am here to kick Belichick's ass

:blahblah: So were the chumps that coached the Jets before you, Rex. And so will the poor sucker they hire in a couple years after they can your ass.

I hope PATS beat the **** out of Sanchez. When he is in the pocket, pound him. When he tries to run, kick him in the ass. We need to physically assault their QB, whiny little baby RB until they retire form the game. Not wishing long term injuries but severe beating so harsh Sanchez and fatso REX will remember before they open their freaking mouths next time. You know, this is one the things that they have been missing in the last 3-4 years. The physical football. When we played Bledsoe for the first time after the trade to Bills, I remember McGinst wrapping Bledsoe down and hit him to the ground. I also remember how physically we assaulted COLTS WRs and QB in 2001 when they came here for the first game after Bledsoe's injury. We need that physical assault to shut the a*hole REX and the rest of the buffoons including the whiny RB.

Last edited:
You gotta love Rex Ryans Passion to kick Bellichick's a**

Why? He's just a fat blathering oaf who thinks he can get away with being crude and rude if he prefaces his statements with lip service to "respect" and "admiration," etc., etc. He's just an obnoxious person playing the role of carnival barker as orchestrated by his boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes