PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan says he sensed 'sarcasm' in New England's praise of Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex is freaking out right now and this is evidence of the stress. Think about it this way:

1. He's got few prospects for next year, lacking draft picks
2. He has promised his fans, players, franchise, a SB in the pre-season
3. He has players already doing press conferences saying they won't be a jet next year
4. His defensive QB just broke a leg
5. Cotchery is not sounding good about his potential for Monday
6. Morale on his team took a nosedive this week
7. He has to face up to his mistake of cutting Woodhead in this game
8. Losing this game could cause total Jets meltdown, I don't think WC will sit well with their attitude toward things.

He pretty much has all his chips riding on this game. As much as you can argue it is a very important game for the Pats, I read this as a must-win situation for Rex personally. He has cornered himself into a situation BB would never put himself in. He has 3rd mortgaged the house for this one game. If he can't make things work, he won't have anything next year.

I read this morning that Ryan has now called out the Patriots for excessive use of metaphor and a tendency to speak in incomplete sentences. This has gone too far!

Rex Ryan is not a good leader. Mark Sanchez and the whole bunch have the worst makeup of any team in the NFL. I hope the Patriots stomp the Jets. I can't wait until that team has to face some real adversity. They'll fall apart.

Makeup? They wear makeup? I guess being on a t.v. series really got to them after all.

I try to avoid most of this kind of stuff, but this one is sort of bizarre--it's like the guy has this insane desire to be loved. "You're saying nice things, but you don't really mean them!" God.

I try to avoid most of this kind of stuff, but this one is sort of bizarre--it's like the guy has this insane desire to be loved. "You're saying nice things, but you don't really mean them!" God.

He's needy. Poor fella. I heart him. :D

Rex is freaking out right now and this is evidence of the stress. Think about it this way:

3. He has players already doing press conferences saying they won't be a jet next year
8. Losing this game could cause total Jets meltdown, I don't think WC will sit well with their attitude toward things.

He pretty much has all his chips riding on this game. As much as you can argue it is a very important game for the Pats, I read this as a must-win situation for Rex personally. He has cornered himself into a situation BB would never put himself in. He has 3rd mortgaged the house for this one game. If he can't make things work, he won't have anything next year.

Never in my life i read so much bull****...

Good deal, you rock:rocker:

With all this being said where does it put the Pats if they somehow lose this game? Tuesday morning will be pretty miserable when we read your list and see how much the Jets had to overcome.

With all this being said where does it put the Pats if they somehow lose this game? Tuesday morning will be pretty miserable when we read your list and see how much the Jets had to overcome.

As my seat mate said yesterday as we discussed game prep, win or lose, emotions will run rampant tomorrow night. Sleep will not come easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back