PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
He started on the Patriots by calling New England "one of the best football teams in the league. Best coach in the league, and best quarterback in the league, until we play Peyton Manning, then I'll say it's him."

But eventually, he couldn't help but swipe at the opponent.

"This is a huge challenge," Ryan said. "But this is the same football team we beat in Week 2. So we know we can beat them. I know everybody said they're gonna be mad and they're gonna be ready to get after it and they're gonna try to whip us and all that.

"Guess what? We're gonna try to whip them. Again. So we'll see."
It's just Rex being Rex - Extra Points - Boston.com

sadly these are kindof coaches people like peter king like . I can imagine rex ryan going for 4th and 2 and king writing a whole column about how rex ryan is like his dad and paying glowing tributes to the ryan clan for their bravado.

Re: Rex ryan press conf

Well he's right. They will try and whip us. But we have a mentaly healthy Brady, a physically healthy Welker, and a rather large chip on our shoulders...

Just sayin'

If this loud-mouth can beat the Patriots a second time,

the Pats deserve to watch the playoffs on their TV sets.

I know the Jets can win this one, but I am betting against it. I just bought 100 shares of Kleenex. I have a feeling Rex may be using a bunch Monday morning.

To give Ryan a bit credit for humor: when a reporter asked him about the 4th and 2 decision, he said BB is the best coach in football and knows his team; he then added (not exact quote) "I'll be hanging from the Empire State Buldg if I did that".

:)

Last edited:

Of course, it's not the same team he played in week 2. Welker is back. Mayo is back. And Brady is much further along now than he was in week 2. But he can believe what he wants, I guess.

I smell a beatdown coming, Rexxy may just pull the trigger before he exits Gillette stadium so he doesn't have to face the avalanche.....

Rex is a lying sack of cellulite. Not only are the pats NOT the same team...........neither are the Jets.:D

He also said when asked about BB decision to go for it on 4th day at Colts 28,"BB won a heck of alot more games than me to comment on it" How does he praise and give credit to BB & Pats when he started his bravado trash talking act. Media here in NY just waiting to see if he turns out to be a phoney & fraud.

Well he's right. They will try and whip us. But we have a mentaly healthy Brady, a physically healthy Welker, and a rather large chip on our shoulders...

Just sayin'
You know, one of the positives I took from that bloody game was Brady throwing the ball deep and not worried about bodies around his lower legs. I was very impressed with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye