PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan opening comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. He will be crucified anyway if the team is not good. hell, Mangini was crucified and he had 2 winning seasons.

was hated by his players and had a collapse

Last edited:
=================================================

Maybe he can hook up with Bilichecks tailor, lol.:)

If he was a Pat you would love him.;)

if he was a pat than what he said would all over the news and a million articles about pats arrogance and BB's demeanor wouldve been published and the pats as cheap and dirty players who like to 'take a swipe at two of theirs' wouldve been crucified.

if he was a pat than what he said would all over the news and a million articles about pats arrogance and BB's demeanor wouldve been published and the pats as cheap and dirty players who like to 'take a swipe at two of theirs' wouldve been crucified.

===================================================

Oh please. Pats are not victims.

Some doosh reporter already turned Ryans words around in saying that Ryan said the Jets would win a SB for there was a white president gurantee thing.

It happens.

Ryan is just talking old school football speak.

Charlie Weiss during his tenure as Pats OC was one of the most out of shape, hideous creatures to grace this earth

Then he risked his life via surgery to do something about it. The only thing Tubby Wrecks risks is wrist tendinitis from lifting too many sandwiches.

Then he risked his life via surgery to do something about it. The only thing Tubby Wrecks risks is wrist tendinitis from lifting too many sandwiches.

very few in the history of coaching compare to this man

weis_article.charlie

then you had this fat mess calling the defense

1201RomeoCrennel.jpg

you should know about fat slobs, it was pretty much your entire coaching staff for years

Rex Ryan just has a big gut, Weis and Crennel had a huge gut, triple chins and kankles

amd_ryan-instructs.jpg

Last edited:
very few in the history of coaching compare to this man

weis_article.charlie

then you had this fat mess calling the defense

1201RomeoCrennel.jpg

you should know about fat slobs, it was pretty much your entire coaching staff for years

Rex Ryan just has a big gut, Weis and Crennel had a huge gut, triple chins and kankles

amd_ryan-instructs.jpg

I'm amazed you went to the trouble to pull photos of Crennel and Weis years after they left the Patriots. What that proves, I have no idea. What I do know is that your Green Beans have gone from Tubby Ratfink to Tubby Wrecks, and you're likely destined for the AFC East cellar next season. Why don't you do the smart thing and join us? Come on, end the heartache and cheer a professional winning organization for a change. Then you can laugh along with us.

I'm just sitting here laughing at how this original thread has now degenerated into comparing who's coaches are fatter... WITH PICTURE EVIDENCE. LMAO, I'm going to give this thread five stars just for the hell of it.

I'm just sitting here laughing at how this original thread has now degenerated into comparing who's coaches are fatter... WITH PICTURE EVIDENCE. LMAO, I'm going to give this thread five stars just for the hell of it.

Tubby Wrecks is the fattest head coach in the AFC East. That means he moves more slowly, and probably thinks more slowly because half his mind is always on food. Heck, his team even resembles food (Green Beans), and once he dons team gear, he'll look like a giant avocado. (In Ravens purple, he resembled a large grape.) None of this bodes well for the New Jersey football team.

Those words are meant to sell tickets/PSL's. He's gonna have a bugger of a time living up to them.

Boring as it is, I think it's wiser to say "we're just focused on the next team..."

I think you're spot on right - but I really hope you're wrong.

Most Jets fans are so clueless about football strategy that they're likely eating this talk right up, and hope that Ryan is as agressive as he says.

Belichick meanwhile knows that football is a chess match - and would have a field day taking advantage of an agressive defense that leaves itself vulnerable elsewhere as it most certainly would.

Jets, who I think acknowledge that Belichick knows a thing or two about defensive strategy, might want to take note of the fact that Belichick employs a very balanced approach - one that sometimes leaves DBs grumbling that its not agressive enough, employing a zone mentality that cuts down on their INTs, though serves to prevent big plays... a bend but don't break mentality that has earned them three Super Bowl rings.

Yup - I REALLY hope this is more than just talk on Ryan's part.

Yup - I REALLY hope this is more than just talk on Ryan's part.

Don't get me wrong, I think he means it, but if you break down these speeches they're all aimed SQUARELY at those who want to hear that he will be the OPPOSITE of Mangini. And by extension (from a Jets fan POV) the Superman to New England's Lex Luthor.

The Giants beat us up in the SB with attacking D. We can't take it lightly, but we can also assume that with two years in the system, Welker is pretty much our most potent piece of Kryptonite against that kind of D.

Don't get me wrong, I think he means it, but if you break down these speeches they're all aimed SQUARELY at those who want to hear that he will be the OPPOSITE of Mangini. And by extension (from a Jets fan POV) the Superman to New England's Lex Luthor.

The Giants beat us up in the SB with attacking D. We can't take it lightly, but we can also assume that with two years in the system, Welker is pretty much our most potent piece of Kryptonite against that kind of D.

Teams like that are not going to focus on Welker. They're going to adjust their defensive gameplan to stopping Brady and Moss. Look at the Super Bowl, for example. The Giants let Welker run wild. He had over 100 yards and if we had won, would have been the MVP. But their pass rush knocked Brady around and he couldn't go deep which effectively cut off Moss too. Got to hand it to them, it was a simple but very effective gameplan that Ryan had almost pulled off (and should have if not for that boneheaded timeout) a couple of months earlier.

No quarterback can throw the football when he is on his back. That's why I would love to see us go OL in the first round of the draft despite the glaring needs on defense.

well true but what is it about you swipe one of us and we swipe two of yours...
sure its casually said but its still a sport. iamgine dean pees saying this...pats will be killed for beign a dirty team
also as per lombardi
The National Football Post | National Football Post Diner News

Quote:
Make no mistake about this, and disregard what is said at the podium today, this was the owner’s call. Woody Johnson fell in love with Rex Ryan and basically stopped all the Brian Schottenheimer talk by his GM. After Johnson met with Ryan, the Jets’ search was over, and GM Mike Tannenbaum was ordered to start contract talks. Johnson was captivated by Ryan, and I’m sure Tannenbaum supported the idea once he knew there was no way of talking Johnson out of Ryan. But this clearly was not the direction he was intending to proceed when he fired Eric Mangini. And part of the problem with Brian Schottenheimer staying on the staff is that someone in the building told Schottenheimer he would be free to look for other work if he didn’t get the head coach job. Now that has changed, and Schottenheimer is wondering why they’re backing out of their oral agreement.

thats an interesting dynamic. will be hilarious if Mike T is left without a job in the end after doing all the backstabbing.

what happened to the rooney rule where they must interview a minority.

what happened to the rooney rule where they must interview a minority.
They interviewed so many coaches I'm sure there was more than one minority interview.

As to the opening address, Ryan knows how to speak N'yawker. I'm sure there were plenty of sticky drawers in Queens after that chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back