PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex ryan on the pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the guy is a jerk, he really is a good football coach and seems to fit right in with the rest of the jerks in New York. Even though Sanchez is playing good football right now and had some excellent throws last week to end the game, I still believe he is their "achilles heel".

Dude shut the forkin up. What stupid comment to say ......

Dude shut the forkin up. What stupid comment to say ......

Which one? The one that most Jets fans are loud-mouthed jerks...{or D-bags, see comment above as exhibit A} or the fact that "simple-minded"Sanchez will be the undoing of his team when it counts.

Last edited:
God, I hope we win, if only to shut this guy up for a few days (cause that's all it'll be, I'm sure).

God, I hope we win, if only to shut this guy up for a few days (cause that's all it'll be, I'm sure).

The key to the Jets game will be to stop the run. If you stop LT, you force Sanchez to throw.

But, the Jets have one of the best Offensive Lines. So, the Patriots need to throw some new-twists into the pass-rush..

BTW - make sure they got somebody to always cover Keller. He is Sanchez's 3rd-down playmaker..

Which one? The one that most Jets fans are loud-mouthed jerks...{or D-bags, see comment above as exhibit A} or the fact that "simple-minded"Sanchez will be the undoing of his team when it counts.

Some of these Jets fans aren't exactly dispelling the myth, lol. As the saying goes, better to be quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. ;)

The key to the Jets game will be to stop the run. If you stop LT, you force Sanchez to throw.

But, the Jets have one of the best Offensive Lines. So, the Patriots need to throw some new-twists into the pass-rush..

BTW - make sure they got somebody to always cover Keller. He is Sanchez's 3rd-down playmaker..

Our run D has been very good lately so Im sure thats the plan, I can easily see Sanchise throwing a couple picks this game and they could be game breakers.

Ryan is the loud-mouthed kid who has a mediocre tryout but still makes the team because some other kids get sick (last year) and gets a mediocre grade on a test but still gets an 'A' based on the curve (this year)...then goes out and barks about how talented and smart he is.

Outside of the division games, the Pats have beaten BAL, PIT, SD and IND...all teams that will make the playoffs. The Jets haven't beaten anyone with a record better than Houston's 4-6...and in only one of those games (2-9 CIN) were the Jets not within one play of losing late.

The Jets are playing well enough to win against bad teams. There is something to be said about that. Parroting your record and declaring your superiority in all things football every time someone sticks a microphone near your pie-hole is not that "something".

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Ryan better hope "destruction" doesn't happen a week from Monday and the "fall" doesn't occur before the AFCC game. Ryan's act will get old with the Jets faithless really quick if they sense all that hot air is filling up the Jets balloon but not getting them off the ground.

After all, pride is one of the 7 deadly sins. Looking at and listening to Ryan, I think he is in trouble with the other 6 as well. If I remember my Beatitudes from Sunday School, it seemed like the meek and hungry end up doing pretty well. Food for thought.

Meh, Rex is not here to kiss BB's rings, so what if you Pat fans don't like that.

I find it so refreshing to hear a NFL coach talk like a fan with complete honesty. Who cares what Pat fans think.

Meh, Rex is not here to kiss BB's rings, so what if you Pat fans don't like that.

I find it so refreshing to hear a NFL coach talk like a fan with complete honesty. Who cares what Pat fans think.

THe irony is striking ...

Say what you want about the guy, but his players buy into it and that is all that matters.

Last edited:
I like Sexy Rexy.....quite a bit actually. He is definitely not like BB....and that is OK with me.....He is exactly what he is.

I would enjoy the heck out of having a beer with either BB or Rex....and as much as I dislike the Jesters....I can't really dislike Rex.

I gotta say, this fat slob is growing on me. He probably said it with a grin on his face. If I had the opportunity, I would probably enjoy a beer with him.

Yeah. I second that emotion. I live in Manhattan and get a full dose of Ryan in the tabloids on an almost daily basis. I read his quote in the paper with my morning coffee this morning and, I have to admit, I laughed and said, "Well, Rex is being Rex again." And, I'm sure he said it with a big, ****-eating grin on his face.

In the crucible of the New York City media environment, he has done an amazing job of taking the spotlight off of the lockerroom (which is not without plenty of targets for the spotlight ;)) and putting it on himself. Whenever one of his players makes a dumb statement, he comes out, chides the player for what he said and then goes on to make what seems like an even dumber statement, which takes the media heat off the player, so everyone is talking about what Rex said and not what the player said.

I can say a lot of things about Ryan, but after observing him for two seasons now, one thing I won't say is that he is anything but very smart, both about football and handling the job of being "HC of the NYJ in NYC and all that that entails."

My main criticism of him, as a Coach, has nothing to do with X's and O's, but rather that I believe that the undisciplined approach he encourages in the lockerroom will come back to bite the jets in the form of a bad mistake or unnecessary penalty at some really important point. That and I find him really, really annoying.

Plus, he's now lost over 50 pounds so we better get our "fat" jokes in while we still can.

Yes he did. I'd love to knock his teeth down his throat then toss back a couple of beers.

My guess is that Rex would suggest that the two of you take it outside.

Last edited:
Sounds like he is trying to find a way to motivate his team. The media is not going to pick the Patriots since the Jets already beat them so this his way of making his team feel like underdogs.

I'd have a beer with him any day. Just not monday night :eek:

The thing I hate about Rex Ryan more than anything is the turtleneck/vest combo he wears 24/7. It pisses me off to no end.

That's probably not accidental either. Just like the cut off hoodie really ticks a lot of people off.

That's probably not accidental either. Just like the cut off hoodie really ticks a lot of people off.

I'm pretty sure the turtleneck hides the folds of his turkey-like neck. Or something.

Yes he did. I'd love to knock his teeth down his throat then toss back a couple of beers.

what do you want him to say? the pats are better than all the guys i have in my locker room?(who he has to go meet after the presser)

rex should of said we got no shot, and why bother showing up.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye