PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan on the Pats "We WANT To Play Them Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
lulz...just makes our road to the SB easier if we play them. There are far better teams out there.

You know I understand the guy, I wish I could play them to.

Just 1 play tho and preferably a deep ball to GRONK.

so I can tell my kids i got pooped on by the best quaterback EVER just like those lucky jets get to do :(

of course Tubby Wrecks wants to play the Pats again this season. It would mean they somehow backed into the playoffs, again....

Please, this is basically a carbon copy of what he said last year. He's just hoping his motivational tactics will help lightening strike twice.

I feel like this douche is so transparent.

I admit. I used to enjoy Rex Ryan. Besides being a decent X and O defensive guy, he is entertaining.

The problem is that the act gets stale.

Last edited:
Rex is still rolling out the same old mantra of we, us, look out....etc.

Notice how the media is paying far less attention lately?

In one sense, I'd want the Pats to beat them again as they are a seriously flawed team and a three sweep would be brutal to them, leaving Rex 3-5 against BB. Yet, It might also be nice to see them forgotten and sitting on the couch during the playoffs at 9-7.

The Rex Act is getting old and stale, and the Patriots are getting free rent in his brain..

What if they lose on SUnday and the Pats win the division with three weeks left to play?? Very soon, Rex's act is going to get old in NYC. You know next year he is going to come out and proclaim that the Jets are gong to win the SUperbowl (in August).

Everyday his team gets older and slower, they have no depth, they have "gone for it" by trading away draft picks and now they have no youth.

Rex is a clown, he is one more foot fetish video away from the end of his time in NYC...

Last edited:
The Jets are currently 1-5 vs. teams with winning records. They haven't beaten a team with a winning record since week 1 and that was because Romo gave the game to them. Instead of wanting to play the Pats again, Ryan should be happy that his team somehow sneaks into the playoffs and goes one and done.

Last edited:
The good people of New Jersey haven't seen a gas bag this big since the Hindenburg.

"We want to play them again?" No, Rex. You don't.

It does not take an expert to know that the last team you want to see in the playoffs is the one that knows you best and beat you twice convincingly.

You want to somehow draw the AFC West winner in the wild card game. But you won't. The AFC West winner will get the Steelers or the Ravens in a wild card game. Good luck with that.

Focus on the iceberg in front of you, Captain Ryan.

Four to go: Chiefs, Eagles, Giants, Miami. The Jets must win all four to qualify for the playoffs, which I predict they will do. Some ridiculous set of circumstances will abet the Jets to back into the playoffs. Like always.

Then they hit the road to play the Texans, probably. A winnable game for the Jets.

At the earliest, we're looking at a Jets-Pats rematch on January 15 or so. Then you can gas all you want about how you want to play the Patriots again.

Last edited:
It's gotta be a matter of time before Woody Johnson makes a move, those PSL's in the new stadium don't pay for themselves...

Did any of you dorks actually read the article?

He is answering questions and sounds like a completely reasonably person who is also a competitor.

He didn't hold a press conference asking if he wanted to play the Patriots, he was asked by the reporter about them. And like any competitor he says that he wants another shot at the team that beat them twice. In sports if you don't want to play the people who beat you then you should probably quit because you're clearly afraid of them.

He also calls the Patriots the best team in the league and Brady/Manning the best he's ever seen.

They may get their chance, I think they'll end up as 11-5 or something if they win out (beat the giants and dolphins chiefs eagles). I'm hoping they don't as a rematch where they played the pats and won (however unlikely it seems) would be just too much to take.

Last edited:
it does seem like he has a need for attention. The media is not talking about his team anymore, so he brings this up to drum up attention

There is no need or benefit to playing them 3x this yr.

The best thing we can hope for is proving that the sweep in the regular season actually meant something, and to see them sitting home on their couches.

I don't want to play them again personally. It's like continuing to give a losing fighter a rematch. When two teams know each other well, and are reasonably talented in some areas of the team, anything can happen.

Let them cry at home on their couches.

I'd prefer they don't make it in, but I just have a feeling we're going to see a rematch of last years playoff game. And that game makes me nervous...Rex will throw everything he has into beating us again, since he is pretty much living on beating us 3 times in 2 years.

I don't want them to get it and give them the "puncher's chance". A nice ass kickin by whomever they are playing this weekend should most likely take care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes