PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan HC of NYJ [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a players coach, seems he is very well liked by his players.

CB SAMARI ROLLE

"Rex is a better person than coach. He cares about you, and he keeps us under control. We're his guys. I mean, look at this locker room. There are some strong personalities on this defense to deal with, real strong personalities. But Rex handles it. He's got a strong personality, too. Nobody disrespects Rex — nobody. We all play for him."

LB TERRELL SUGGS

"You want to give your heart out for Rex. I don't know what it is about him, but I hope he never changes. That's exactly why in a heartbeat, no matter what he'll ask me to do, I'll do it. I love Rex Ryan."

In an email to Jets staffers sent out this evening, Johnson said:

"Rex is revered by his players"...

... and respected by his peers around the NFL for his innovative schemes. There is no doubt in my mind that he has the expertise and instincts to build on the foundation that we have in place and take this franchise to the ranks of the NFL’s elite. He brings an aggressive, physical brand of football that will captivate our fans and ignite their passion."

I am excited about this hire, Jets should be able to compete right out of the gate next year, no need for a rebuild, continuity with the scheme and keeping some key cordinators.

T-Rex = Tannebaum and Ryan.

I am excited about this hire, Jets should be able to compete right out of the gate next year, no need for a rebuild, continuity with the scheme and keeping some key cordinators.

If only you guys had one of those darn QB.

lol I love it. I was trying to think of the nickname for our new GM/coach combo. The only Ryan nickname I could come up w/ is Rex and the Rat (Ratliff) in 09

The only Ryan nickname I could come up w/ is Rex and the Rat (Ratliff) in 09

Well, he's your second-straight doughboy at head coach. How about TeleTubby II? Or, Tubby Wrecks? The Rat is now in Cleveland, so anything using that name is redundant.

Well, he's your second-straight doughboy at head coach. How about TeleTubby II? Or, Tubby Wrecks? The Rat is now in Cleveland, so anything using that name is redundant.

you guys were the ones who called mangini the rat, the real rat is Brett Ratliff::).

If only you guys had one of those darn QB.

===================================================

A QB would be nice, I think Clemens could hold the fort. Maybe even this kid Brett Ratliff, the Jets are rumored to be high on him.

Time will tell, off seasons are so long.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back