PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet in week 2 that Ryan will be sending his safeties and LBs on non stop blitzes going after Brady's lower extremities.

If I were BB, I use a serious blocking scheme with more of a running game in the plans to protect Tom,He will need it that game I am sure.

iam sure they will start fast,make a lot of noise get a sack or two...as long as the pats pull out in the end as they always do. Baltimore defense used to do the same...fade in the end and blame refs,or anyone but themselves.

As long as Rex has a time out left, the other team will always have a chance to win.

Apparently Ryan has always shot his mouth off, it's just more people are listening now. I like it. As far as the Jets going after Brady, thats just part of the game, and is a sound game plan for playing the Pats.

However talk is cheap, I am anxious to see the Jets D and O in regular season action, I feel the Jets have great potential. The D appears to be solid with depth at CB and Safety, and LBs, Jets O line should be strong as should there running game. Time will tell.

As always when you take a QB as early as number 5 iin the draft, your teams future is wraped up in QB salary, and if he busts then you are looking at a 3 year minimum setback. It's all about Sanchez now

The problem comes with Brady getting hit after he throws. I wouldn't put it past Tubby Wrecks to tell his guys, "I don't care if you're a little late, just hit him." He (and everyone else) knows from last year that one devastating hit on Tom is all it takes to throw the division -- heck, the whole conference -- up for grabs. I just hope the refs are on top of things. I assume BB will have Wrecks' blitz schemes thoroughly scouted. I'll be holding my breath if/when the Pats go to the spread with empty backfield.

You can't develop a gameplan based on the potential of the other team potentially take late cheap shots at your QB. That can happen on running plays too. Just because Ryan is trash talking now doesn't mean he is going to tell his players to go for Brady's knee or hit him even if he has already gotten rid of the ball.

Apparently Ryan has always shot his mouth off, it's just more people are listening now. I like it. As far as the Jets going after Brady, thats just part of the game, and is a sound game plan for playing the Pats.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, if it was an obvious and blatant cheap shot that took Brady out, it would be a matter of minutes before someone destroyed Sanchez's knee. There's a reason why nobody uses this tactic.

Last edited:
I do worry about it, as well, but I kinda prefer to think that they'd be afraid to do it, since the retribution against Sanchez would be swift.

========================================================

Maybe the Jets should sit Franchez when they play the Pats.

Maybe they should sit both Brady and Franchez.

Maybe the Jets should sit Franchez when they play the Pats.

Maybe they should sit both Brady and Franchez.

Or maybe neither team will take cheap shots in an attempt to injure the other QB.

BTW, are you guys seriously calling him Franchez? That's kinda sad; let the kid play a down in the NFL first.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, if it was an obvious and blatant cheap shot that took Brady out, it would be a matter of minutes before someone destroyed Sanchez's knee. There's a reason why nobody uses this tactic.

===================================================

I never suggested the Jets cheap shot Brady, nor did I mean to imply that they should purposely try to hit him in his bad leg.

I'm just saying that getting after the QB is a good way to make Brady and Co less effective. It's football 101, and is not a unique idea.

Football is a violent sport, players are encouraged to hurt there opponets, not to injure them.

Meanwhile, the Pats sit back in silence with a slight smirk on their faces.

TO will say something shortly, he has to.

Moss, Welker, Adalius Thomas, and Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis must have missed the silent smirk memo.... because they've all been up to their neck in the trash talking.

Moss and Welker giving press conferences about how much better than 2007 the Pats offense will be... and discussing their "stranglehold" on the AFC East.

Adalius "boy based on what Joey Porter has done, I am ROBBING Robert Kraft" Thomas, and Ben Jarvus "how the f do I feel like I am accomplished enough to run my mouth?" Green-Ellis on the other hand, have been busily filling Dolphin bulletin boards by telling Dolphin players how "lucky they were to have won so many games last season".

Florida Sports Buzz: Skeptics have Miami Dolphins bristling - Sports Buzz - MiamiHerald.com

Seems Channing Crowder had good reason to lash out at the Patriots on Friday (he called them childish, told them to shut up and insulted adversary Matt Light). Crowder said Patriots players Adalius Thomas and BenJarvus Green-Ellis told him the Dolphins won a lot last season because they were lucky.

Don't BS BritPat... far from being "above the fray"... the Pats are as deep in the trash talking **** as any pig in the pen.

Or maybe neither team will take cheap shots in an attempt to injure the other QB.

BTW, are you guys seriously calling him Franchez? That's kinda sad; let the kid play a down in the NFL first.

=============================================

Yes some of us call him Franchez. because the franchise as a whole is in trouble if he busts.

I think the Pats get special pleasure from beating the Jets, at the same time both teams are profesional and realize the business part of things. I don't see cheap shots as being a problem.

At the same time, If Brady or Sanchez get hurt, I don't see the hurter as losing any sleep.

I never suggested the Jets cheap shot Brady, nor did I mean to imply that they should purposely try to hit him in his bad leg.

I'm just saying that getting after the QB is a good way to make Brady and Co less effective. It's football 101, and is not a unique idea.

Football is a violent sport, players are encouraged to hurt there opponets, not to injure them.

Of course not, wasn't claiming that you did. I was responding to some others who expressed concern that Rex might order a cheap shot on Brady. Just saying that there's a reason why teams don't do that, and it probably has a lot to do with the fact that they have a QB that's just as vulnerable.

Kind of an extreme version of why pitchers don't tend to go headhunting in baseball (back before throwing near a guy was a suspendable offense): they'd just be putting their teammates at risk for retribution.

Last edited:
More from Ryan on Crowder, breaking news!

New York Jets

Just watch the first 2 minutes.

You can't develop a gameplan based on the potential of the other team potentially take late cheap shots at your QB. That can happen on running plays too. Just because Ryan is trash talking now doesn't mean he is going to tell his players to go for Brady's knee or hit him even if he has already gotten rid of the ball.

There wasn't anything in my post suggesting the Pats game-plan around the threat of dirty play. I was just pointing out the possibility of New Jersey employing those tactics as indicated by Tubby Wrecks' bloviating. If the Green Beans keep it clean, I'll have no complaints win or lose.

New York Jets

That's actually quite funny. At least you guys actually have something to smile about for a while before the thumpings begin.

Last edited:

New York Jets

When did Don Rickles start coaching football?

DonRickles.jpg

Moss, Welker, Adalius Thomas, and Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis must have missed the silent smirk memo.... because they've all been up to their neck in the trash talking.

Moss and Welker giving press conferences about how much better than 2007 the Pats offense will be... and discussing their "stranglehold" on the AFC East.

Adalius "boy based on what Joey Porter has done, I am ROBBING Robert Kraft" Thomas, and Ben Jarvus "how the f do I feel like I am accomplished enough to run my mouth?" Green-Ellis on the other hand, have been busily filling Dolphin bulletin boards by telling Dolphin players how "lucky they were to have won so many games last season".

Florida Sports Buzz: Skeptics have Miami Dolphins bristling - Sports Buzz - MiamiHerald.com

Seems Channing Crowder had good reason to lash out at the Patriots on Friday (he called them childish, told them to shut up and insulted adversary Matt Light). Crowder said Patriots players Adalius Thomas and BenJarvus Green-Ellis told him the Dolphins won a lot last season because they were lucky.

Don't BS BritPat... far from being "above the fray"... the Pats are as deep in the trash talking **** as any pig in the pen.

How is talking up your own team's chances WITHOUT criticising anyone else smack talking? Are people not allowed to be confident?

And Crowder says a lot of things, if he told me it was raining, I'd go outside to check.

Now, politely, do one son.

How is talking up your own team's chances WITHOUT criticising anyone else smack talking? Are people not allowed to be confident?

And Crowder says a lot of things, if he told me it was raining, I'd go outside to check.

Now, politely, do one son.

That is basicaly all Ryan is doing.

That is basicaly all Ryan is doing.

"I'm not here to kiss BB's ass". Etc.

He clearly is.

Oh, sorry, it was ring plural ;)

Now you got it. another Rexism

Ryan added that some lighthearted comments he made about the Patriots last week were also not about the Pats as much as the Jets.

"The thing with Bill Belichick, my comment about him," he said, "realistically, I'm not going to concede anything. Do I acknowledge that he's a heck of a coach? Absolutely. But I'm not intimidated by him or anything else in this business and my players aren't, either.

"Again, I know one thing. Our football team's going to be prepared and we're going to play our tails off and give everything we've got. That's one thing I can promise our fans. If people have trouble, live with it because it's going to happen."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots