PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
131231.jpg

Equals ....

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing about the Jets that scares me is them cheapshotting Tom Brady. Besides that, we're Morris Day and they're Jerome.

Actually it sucks for you. Now the Press is going to fawn all over the NY Jets Defense in the AFC East. They are going to pound away at how "great" they are on ESPN, NFL Network, and Fox Sports. You'll be better than them in every way but they'll still be considered "awesome" even after you drive on them in Overtime, for 80 yards at the end of game for a TD and in the Playoffs you score on them, they'll still tell you how "great" they are.

Evidently you were out of the country last year when #4 made the Jets "America's Darling" with his godly presence?

This is going to be a fun season!

I can't think of a better start to the season that to have the Dolphins and Jets running their mouths. I'd bet anything they fight for the cellar in the AFC East.

I honestly thing Ryan will build a good team a few years down the road IF the Jets can show patience and keep their HC for once. Heck, they will probably have a few top-10 picks the next few years....ooops, I guess I'm running smack like Ryan already.

I hope our OL takes a nasty attitude this year and punishes teams. I'd like to see us take a different tack this year and rush for 200+ yards every week with our stable of backs. Can you imagine Brady play-faking to Moss or Galloway over the top after pounding the rock all day. This season WILL be sweet!

I honestly thing Ryan will build a good team a few years down the road IF the Jets can show patience and keep their HC for once.

That's the beauty, though: they won't. If Ryan's team hasn't made the playoffs by the end of next season, an extremely vocal minority of the NY sports scene will be calling for his head. If they don't make it in his third year, he'll be fired.

I hope our OL takes a nasty attitude this year and punishes teams. I'd like to see us take a different tack this year and rush for 200+ yards every week with our stable of backs. Can you imagine Brady play-faking to Moss or Galloway over the top after pounding the rock all day. This season WILL be sweet!

Man, you said it. If the O-line can play well this year . . . let's just say it'll be tough not to win.:)

I'm looking forward to our guys shutting Rex Ryan's mouth with their play on the field and not with their talk.

I am also inclined to think "Like Father, Like Son." His dad was a great DC with a big mouth, who ended up sowing more division than unity and making more headlines for his antics off the field than for how his teams performed on the field (just ask Mike Ditka and the folks in Philadelphia).

That said, there's probably a method to Rex' madness now. The Jets are a franchise with an idiot owner and are saddled with a tradition of 40 Titleless years that's had few bright spots. Last season, a decent (not remarkable) Jets team was eclipsed by the saga of Lord Favregaard. Now they're a team with a Playboy "QB of the Future," who's making too many headliness in the wrong ways. With his comments, Ryan is injecting a little life into the team and also taking the heat off of his players and putting it on himself. That's not a bad strategy to buy time for a few months while he gets his act together. Don't get me wrong, the guy's never going to win anything as far as I can see; but, this probably looks like a good stragegy if you're a Jets fan or player.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Rex is going to be a great coach.

It's good that he's putting this mentality into his team mates. You can't be intimidated by any other teams, especially ones that you're going to be playing twice a year.

Seriously, what is Ryan trying to acheive?

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was all calculated. The Green Beans are desperate to make a "splash" after years upon years of mediocrity. They want to be relevant. They need to sell PSLs. They tried to be "smart" by hiring Tubby Ratfink as BB Jr. That didn't work. They tried to make noise by hiring Favre and it didn't work. Now, they're trying to tell the world how tough they are, and have a Hollywood rookie QB. Just another way of throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks and someone notices.

If it ISN'T calculated, then Tubby Wrecks is simply stupid because his nonsense is going to further motivate opponents. That's why BB always praises opponents no matter who they are.

It's good that he's putting this mentality into his team mates. You can't be intimidated by any other teams, especially ones that you're going to be playing twice a year.

It is great for the other teams in the division. Again, there is a difference between confidence and overconfidence. The Jets are dangerously jumping over the edge of overconfidence. Teams like the Cowboys show overconfidence and teams like the Pats and Steelers show confidence. Which team does better come December and January? And the last few years the Cowboys were considered the most talent team in the league and the last few years they fell apart from within because egos were out of control.

It is great for the other teams in the division. Again, there is a difference between confidence and overconfidence. The Jets are dangerously jumping over the edge of overconfidence. Teams like the Cowboys show overconfidence and teams like the Pats and Steelers show confidence. Which team does better come December and January? And the last few years the Cowboys were considered the most talent team in the league and the last few years they fell apart from within because egos were out of control.

He's putting confidence into his team mates. The Pats have been guilty of over confidence in the past as well.

He's putting confidence into his team mates. The Pats have been guilty of over confidence in the past as well.

He is turning his team into the Cowboys. Teams like that turn on each other the second things go wrong. They start to read their own press clippings and think they are gods and when things go wrong it is the other guy's fault.

The Pats have been accused of being trash talkers on the field, never overconfident other than maybe the Super Bowl two years ago and look how that turned out. There has never been a successful team since the Cowboys in the 90s where the team talked so much in the press and actually won anything.

Sorry, you build confidence with play on the field not trash talking in the media. All you do with that is create distractions and have words come back to haunt you in the long run. Name a Super Bowl winning head coach who ever trash talked in the media.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was all calculated. The Green Beans are desperate to make a "splash" after years upon years of mediocrity. They want to be relevant. They need to sell PSLs. They tried to be "smart" by hiring Tubby Ratfink as BB Jr. That didn't work. They tried to make noise by hiring Favre and it didn't work. Now, they're trying to tell the world how tough they are, and have a Hollywood rookie QB. Just another way of throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks and someone notices.

If it ISN'T calculated, then Tubby Wrecks is simply stupid because his nonsense is going to further motivate opponents. That's why BB always praises opponents no matter who they are.

His father always had a problem with his temper and mouth. It could just be a case of like father, like son. Remember Buddy got into a fist fight on the sidelines with Kevin Gilbride when Ryan was the DC of the Oilers. Hopefully he will follow suit like his father did when he cut Cris Carter because Ryan felt all Carter caught was TDs. And all those TD catches got Carter into the Hall of Fame. Maybe Ryan will cut Daryle Revis because all he does is intercept the ball.

Ok, I digress, but it could be that he is his father's son and learned his coaching style from a guy who was a mentally unstable head coach.

ESPN already had a piece on this on sportscenter with his dad also being interviewed. i guess they got what they wanted.Had this been anyone in the pats talking they wouldve been shown as demons

who are all these new guys on the board? where are all these jets fans coming from?

Yeah, uh, good comeback you fat tub-o-lard. I hope these two teams have very physical games against one another then I want to see us ANNIHILATE the Jets... even moreso than in other years.

He is turning his team into the Cowboys. Teams like that turn on each other the second things go wrong. They start to read their own press clippings and think they are gods and when things go wrong it is the other guy's fault.

The Pats have been accused of being trash talkers on the field, never overconfident other than maybe the Super Bowl two years ago and look how that turned out. There has never been a successful team since the Cowboys in the 90s where the team talked so much in the press and actually won anything.

Sorry, you build confidence with play on the field not trash talking in the media. All you do with that is create distractions and have words come back to haunt you in the long run. Name a Super Bowl winning head coach who ever trash talked in the media.

This is exactly correct. This attitude is perfect if you win every game. As soon as you loose a couple in a row, and this is the nfl, it will happen, everyone starts blaming everyone else and it all falls apart.

I always remember the best Patriots teams as the ones that struggled a bit early, then started coming together by the end of the season. They always got better as the year went on. I attributed this to the coaching philosophy that pushed the players to get better throughout the year, to keep improving.

VS. the we are the greatest, the Patriots aren't that good, we will beat everyone attitude. As soon as they lose it is a quick spiral down.

Some men make great assistants, some make great coaches, so far I'm not impressed, but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots