Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rex Ryan continues

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

ProFootballTalk.com - War of Words Escalates Between Jets, Dolphins

he is going to bring the raven mentality of loudmouths in his team philososphy and his players obviously like him now
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Terrell Owens is in the perfect division.

Can't wait to hear what Rodney Harrison will have to say about this in his new job.
  3. rsd

rsd Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is hillarious!

It's easy to talk when you haven't faced adversity. Let's see what they are saying after they've lost a few games straight, the NY media is breathing down their backs, and they're looking up to the Patriots in the standings!

Thanks Regina!
  4. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +729 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

BB must be making scrapbooks at this point.
  5. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 5 / -2

I am so looking forward to this season.
  6. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Next Round, we should be seeing Joey Porter go after Ryan and Bart Scott.
  7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Does Bart Scott with that snide remark think he is so much better than Crowder as a LB? - I think not
  8. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -2

#54 Jersey

Meanwhile, the Pats sit back in silence with a slight smirk on their faces.

TO will say something shortly, he has to.
  9. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I was thinking the same thing. Bart Scott may be richer, but that's it.

Bart Scott is possibly most remembered for the tantrum he threw against us when we beat them two years ago.
  10. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly. Have fun with that. Even after you smash their faces in and end their season they will talk smack.

So dumb. You'll also start to hear how "great" their defense is even after your defense is better in every single category for 8 out of 10 years.
  11. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah,If I had a choice to add a fast good looking LB and these two were the choices,I go with Crowder - Scott had a great supporting cast in Baltimore,He will need guys like Gholston to suddenly be a force if Scott expects the Jets LB Corps to be as good a cohesive unit as it was in Baltimore.

The Jets defensively look strongest in the secondary where they could be very good - I am not so sure LB is that solid right now.
  12. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

hahaha yeah, well that's the Jets for you. They're our Bengals, or maybe our Browns... whichever team both sucks and mouths off more consistently (okay, probably the bengals). Of course, even the Bengals were good that one year.
  13. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually it sucks for you. Now the Press is going to fawn all over the NY Jets Defense in the AFC East. They are going to pound away at how "great" they are on ESPN, NFL Network, and Fox Sports. You'll be better than them in every way but they'll still be considered "awesome" even after you drive on them in Overtime, for 80 yards at the end of game for a TD and in the Playoffs you score on them, they'll still tell you how "great" they are.
  14. Wheelssps

Wheelssps Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Man, Kraft is going to have to open his wallet for a bigger bulletin board. It just turned June and it's already getting crowded on there.
  15. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

RR is great, I love it the more he talks the more **** hes gonna get for every loss. I hope the talkin contines as long as possible!
  16. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hahaha, true, but I dunno how much that bothers me. If anything I kind of like it because it gets the Jets fans that much more delusional and hyped up, so they feel all the more blindsided and betrayed when they end up getting crushed anyways. Normally I'm not a malicious fan (Yankees fans don't even bother me, really, and as a Celtics fan living in LA the Lakers fans don't bother me either), but Jets fans are a special breed of stupid.
  17. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

yup...something ifelt always about baltimore...they were a great defense but would lose the plot at the right moment.
    i have heard ryan talk stuff like this before. after tenn playoff game someone asked him about the RB chris johnson torching his defense and he responded "he didnt finish the game..did he" of some sort. iam little worried about cheap shots from this defense...
  18. Nestapats

Nestapats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Indeed. I love the smack talk in our division and the fact we haven't said a word yet. For the first time in my life, i'm enjoying the month of june :D
    How many days before T.O. joins the group? I'm giving him a week.
  19. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5 / -1

The New York press is going to have a field day this year. Ryan can't shut up to despite himself. If the Jets go below .500 as I expect they will, the press will get amazing sound bites and get to blast Ryan too. With Mangini, all they got to do is blast him with no sound bites.

There are reasons why the greats don't trash talk in the media. A head coach has never gotten anything good out of trash talking in the media. Ryan has put a huge bullseye on his and his team's back. Teams and the media will be gunning for him now. If the Jets don't come out to a fast start and if the defense isn't dominant, the NY media will come for Ryan like a pack of ravaged dogs.

Seriously, what is Ryan trying to acheive? You want to instill confidence in your team, but you definitely don't want to instill overconfidence. I see the Jets behaving like the Cowboys after Parcells left. Swaggerlious in June, home watching games on TV in January.
  20. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5 / -1

How does this suck for the Patriots? Now that everyone is expecting a very average defense last year to be elite this year, the pressure is on the Jets. If the Jets don't live up to the lofty expectations that are set for them, the media will be hounding them to answer why they are so disapointing and whether they let overconfidence get the best of them. The Jets by midseason may be regretting all this attention now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.