PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex: Pittsburgh is a "Real football team"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate Rex Ryan and the Jets, but he's coached them to as many playoff wins (4) in his two years as the Patriots have in our last five. Hopefully the Pats can turn things around starting next season.

Last edited:
The Colts and Saints both did in the last few years.

There's nothing more stupid than people who think they have the magic formula for winning. You need all three pieces and they need to play complementary football. Last week we didn't. Go call Vince and Mayo pansies - I dare you.

Both the Colts and Saints have some decent pass rushers...we do not

Sanchez was not able to get too comfortable today

We need someone,anyone to help in that area ..the draft is probably the way

Not that he shouldn't shut his fat mouth, but he is correct. The Steelers win on defense and in the trenches.

But last year the Saints got the ring. And not with a great D.

Finesse teams are now home for February

Look at the two remaining teams to see what we need to get to the SB again

A hard nosed tough hitting defense,a pounding running game and doing what you have to when you have the home advantage.

We need to get away from the Pansy finesse team attitude...more defense is needed,you can't win with just a pretty offense anymore.

I think the SB played a year ago featured 2 "pansy finesse" teams. Fortunately, the one I hated more lost.

REX PRESSER:

- threw tackling under the bus.

- threw pass rush under the bus.

- threw players play in the 1st half under the bus.

- no mention of coaching better ... none ... never says that.

-team was outplayed ... but not out coached of course.

Well, first, he said he was out-coached after beating the Pats. And when was the last time that you heard a losing coach NOT talk about missed tackles, assignments, etc?

Well I am glad he cleared that up. I thought they were imaginary.

The thing about IND and NE is that they've, you know, won Super Bowls. Until he has, who cares what he thinks?

Jets lose ! Jets Lose! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Jets Lose! Love it.....

So now it's pass rushers. Before is was "pansy finesse team". Make up your mind.
:rolleyes:

My idea of a Finesse team is one that lights the board up on offense but has few to no playmakers on defense and the defense is soft and relies on the offense.

We won so many games this year by the mistakes of the opposing teams...not because we were overbearing physical on defense...although there were a few games better than others.

The defense is young and hopefully gets tougher and scares opposing offenses.

Well, first, he said he was out-coached after beating the Pats. And when was the last time that you heard a losing coach NOT talk about missed tackles, assignments, etc?

Belichick. That's who. He usually calls a lot of phases into question when he does this, including the coaching.

Who cares what Ryan says. He is just like 30 other NFL head coaches this year who won't win the Super Bowl. Let him talk and talk. Talking without backing it up with Super Bowl titles is just a lot of hot wind. Five years from now, most people will forget that the Jets went to back to back AFC Championships.

I know buffalo lost consecutive SBs but has there ever been an AFC team to get to the AFC championship 3 years in a row?...that's what the Jets are up against

can't remember any

I know buffalo lost consecutive SBs but has there ever been an AFC team to get to the AFC championship 3 years in a row?...that's what the Jets are up against

can't remember any

Eagles:D:D

The Colts and Saints both did in the last few years.

There's nothing more stupid than people who think they have the magic formula for winning. You need all three pieces and they need to play complementary football. Last week we didn't. Go call Vince and Mayo pansies - I dare you.

i agree that there is no real formula it takes great coaching big time talent and a whole lot of luck... but to be fare the saints defense did make Kurt Warner, retire they gave Brett Favre, the biggest beat down of he's 21 year career and made the paly that won the SB for them

Rex has a lot of seething hate inside of him for a man that's touted as a jolly old, fun loving guy. Miserable, envious and jealous more like it, a-hole

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey