PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex is "proud of Buffalo's penalties"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never liked Rex or Buddy. I'm not sure about Rob because he doesn't get the same air time as his dad and brother. Maybe that's a good thing. The other two are/were an embarrassment.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that Rex will get another HC job. The media loves him and will build him up enough that some owner will look at him as a way to boost ticket sales. It worked in Buffalo and New Jersey.

If there's one favor that Belichick has done to head coaches around the league, it's that he's succeeded so wildly after 'failing' in Cleveland. Now every owner/GM thinks that a guy who flamed out in his first job probably just needed to experience the "being a terrible coach" step in his growth process.

In reality, Belichick was good in Cleveland too, but actually was hamstrung by terrible ownership. Bad coaches almost never become good.

BTW, his team is 2-2 and has played 3 out of their first 4 games at home.

He's going to have to a lot more song and dance, dress-up entertainment skits to attempt to misdirect the press' attention as things get worse.

But they beat up on two really bad teams so clearly that makes them elite.

Met a rabid Bills fans today while working ...

I took the polite route ... he blamed everything but Rex ...

it is amazing how Rex does that mind meld thing with the fans his first few years.

Per Elias
Yes, Eli Manning threw three touchdown passes in a 24-10 win at Buffalo. But the Giants' secret offensive weapon was the yellow flag, as New York gained 135 yards and seven first downs on 17 penalties against Rex Ryan's Bills.

Over the last 10 seasons, there was only one other NFL game in which a team was penalized at least 17 times with seven or more of the flags resulting in first downs. In that game, Ryan's Jets were penalized 20 times, including eight for first downs, and the beneficiaries were the Bills (2013).

At the risk of drawing a flag for piling on, we will mention that there were two such games in 2005 and one was by the Ravens, whose defensive coordinator was ... you guessed it.

Rex hasn't changed a bit.

Met a rabid Bills fans today while working ...

I took the polite route ... he blamed everything but Rex ...

it is amazing how Rex does that mind meld thing with the fans his first few years.
I think people like heavyset guys who act like assholes. I thought it was just a jersey thing but apparently it works in buffalo too

I always thought of Rex as a secretly measured guy who acts impulsive but really has deeper principles and reasons behind his actions. Now I'm starting to realize he is a guy who just talks all the time, even when he shouldn't, and he says a lot of foolish things because he can never just remain silent and have dignity, like a guy who has been drinking all night and decides he can be an expert on every subject. Rex just can't help himself. I am describing the same problem of every buffoon I've ever met.

Let's face it.

Rex has proven that he is just the same as his father.

Same.

He, quite simply, never learned from his dad's failings.

Let's face it.

Rex has proven that he is just the same as his father.

Same.

He, quite simply, never learned from his dad's failings.
T-rex?

Yup, lots to be proud of Rex :rolleyes:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 1h1 hour ago
There was also a play on the sideline where an unidentified Bills player in street clothes threw a punch at Giants DT Cullen Jenkins ...

... According to an NFL spokesman, "the matter has been addressed with the club" (meaning the Bills).

if this was a patriots player..jay glazer will be showing video evidence on sunday

Just on Sunday?

Nah, they'd have it on a continuous loop on all 46 ESPN channels.

There was also a play on the sideline where an unidentified Bills player in street clothes threw a punch at Giants DT Cullen Jenkins ...

... According to an NFL spokesman, "the matter has been addressed with the club" (meaning the Bills).

if this was a patriots player..jay glazer will be showing video evidence on sunday

"The matter had been addressed with the club [the Bills]" - That's it? No identification of the player in plainclothes? No suspension? No investigation to see if a coach was aware of this or if was part of a bounty program?

This was something caught on camera. There's no question it occurred. But, yeah, the rules are applied evenly :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back