PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatching the game vs Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the first time online with the Bears announcers, and the second time on NFLN with the Pats.

Down, way way down:

Pats announcers. Good grief, does Fauria suck.

I'll add something positive: after the first two Bears drives, and before the final garbage drive, the Pats defense was damn stellar.

Geez Andy I thought the rest of the players not named played great but that's a lot to break down.

Here we go for you
Hogan is gamer great blocker runs precise routes good hands and I love his fire.
Blount looked like the Good blount.
Bolder very solid besides the fumble but it's hard to blame him defender made a great play.
Gaffney runs with conviction falls forward and showed a little more quickness I'm rooting for him to be a contributor but also find that second gear.
Dobson smooth and caught the ball still runs very effortlessly to me but people said the same of Randy Moss.
I wanted to see him make a big play I feel he needs to make some plays the next few games to make the roster.

Derby man guy runs hard has great mitts toughness on 2 grabs the kid has to make the roster and I think he will be a difference maker.

Thuney looks like that solid who is the guy pick but man he can play.

Cannon wasn't a turnstile
Enough said Scar is worth his weight in gold.

James White man the guy looks wicked quick this year and follows his blocks perfect caught the ball well.
Harbor played solid but Derby stole the show

Deandre Carter I keep waiting for him to make a big play solid kid PS material

Lucien aww so close but I see potential.

Harper man I think this kid gets open but I don't know why he doesn't have plays designed to go to him.

Kline didn't look bad looks stronger this preseason

Andrews man he looks alot more stout engaging his man

Jimmy G very decisive throws tough in the pocket didn't get rattled love this kid think he could be the future and thats not bad at all.

Love Butler stud man he's grown in his role 1b turning 1a did you see the break on the ball?
Daryl Roberts there's the player he was last preseason
Leblanc love the swagger and attitude he played with and doesn't look like he doesn't belong with NFL talent. Rooting for the kid.
Cyrus Jones this kid looks like a stud sick awareness on the INT I think this kids going to keep getting better.

Jonathan Jones love the recovery speed and fearless coverage he shows.
Flowers he set the edge well gave pressure but didn't leave his gap responsibility and wasn't responsible for holes.
Chris Long looked more like the Chris long 5 years ago big motor fiery guy was in at the QB almost every play.
The whole D Line played pretty well Malcolm Brown looks like a beast
Kuhn didn't get bullied and played well.
But man Anthony Johnson I am a big fan of his game quick off the ball arms up punishing Runningbacks we found a find in this kid.
Collins Stud
Hightower stud
Hunger belongs
Roberts belongs
Johnson played very well
Grugier Hill love this kids game.

Harmon played well.
Richards I thought had a much better game then last week he was great on special teams.
Sunseri I hate cutting this kid he is a poor man's Slater and we have that with Ebner and I don't see him unseating him however if Slater went down I'd feel pretty good having him to fall back on.

Valentine I didnt notice much but that's not a bad thing.
Overall very excited and optimistic of this team!

I can't wait for the regular season, or the irregular season, w/JG starting it...

Jimmy Gs 4 games could be a glimpse into the distant future of Patriots football.

Jimmy Gs 4 games could be a glimpse into the distant future of Patriots football.

Exciting in a way, but then again, it could be a glimpse into the starting QB of the Bears in a couple years :)

Exciting in a way, but then again, it could be a glimpse into the starting QB of the Bears in a couple years :)
I don't know it's such a hard position to be in let's say he is a Franchise QB if you let him go it's for a kings ransom.

I am impressed with all of the players, some more than others. I think whoever doesn't make the roster isn't a indictment of poor play, just the victim of the incredible amount of talent with the team at this point.

I don't know it's such a hard position to be in let's say he is a Franchise QB if you let him go it's for a kings ransom.

Well, it's not a terribly hard position to be in, but let's stop fooling ourselves about this kings ransom stuff. Bear in mind that every trade needs a trade partner. You get a second rounder if someone really shows promise - after Cassel went 11-5, we got a second rounder for him plus Vrabel... so forget the "Let's trade him for 3 first rounders and five seconds" crap you see around here.

Think about what you'd give to Team X for their "2nd year sensation" quarterback. Every trade isn't the Ricky Williams trade.

His ceiling is a 2. Singular.

But like you say, nothing we can't cope with (if we lose a promising JG)

I like Brisset but I think Jimmy G is more suited to run this offense if anything im happy Brissett gives the defense more to practice for and thats valuable enough for now.

Down Vellano
down Kline
Down Freeny
Down Coleman

HUGE down for Coleman and Kline. Kline folded up like a cheap suitcase and nearly got our starting QB (for four games) killed. Get this jerkoff out of the lineup as soon as possible.

Only if Brissett ends up playing too.
it's time we realized the Pats are the finishing school for NFL QBs. Our backups all go on to play elsewhere, maybe starting, maybe not. Cassell, Hoyer, Mallett. Soon JG. Brissett is next man up. Whenever Brady hangs them up or gets racked up we'll have a servicable understudy ready to go. Meanwhile part of what fuels this team is the value created by drafting QB prospects and turning them into players for other teams. It's a wonderful business model. Kudos to BB and Kraft for owning that part of the action.

HUGE down for Coleman and Kline. Kline folded up like a cheap suitcase and nearly got our starting QB (for four games) killed. Get this jerkoff out of the lineup as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that Kline hurt his shoulder during the game. He was OK before that. Same thing happened during the Philly disaster last year which eventually required off-season surgery. I do not know if it is the same shoulder.

I think folks need to temper their expectations on Kline. He is a serviceable backup- nothing more. Hes fine for a few quarters or even a couple of games but he does not have the physical tools or the experience to maintain a starting role as he still will occasionally miss stunt and blitz assignments. He is average in pass protection and below average in run-blocking.

Shaq, Thuney, Cooper, Jackson, Stork are athletically superior players. Even Karras might have a better upside than Kline.

If his shoulder is going to dog him for the season I could see them cutting him.

Well, it's not a terribly hard position to be in, but let's stop fooling ourselves about this kings ransom stuff. Bear in mind that every trade needs a trade partner. You get a second rounder if someone really shows promise - after Cassel went 11-5, we got a second rounder for him plus Vrabel... so forget the "Let's trade him for 3 first rounders and five seconds" crap you see around here.

Think about what you'd give to Team X for their "2nd year sensation" quarterback. Every trade isn't the Ricky Williams trade.

His ceiling is a 2. Singular.

But like you say, nothing we can't cope with (if we lose a promising JG)
Cassel couldn't start a single game in college. JG shattered Tony Romo's passing records at EI.

Cassel couldn't start a single game in college. JG shattered Tony Romo's passing records at EI.

Some people are indeed stupid enough to anoint a QB the messiah based on what he did in college. He gets 4 NFL starts this year. That's the tape you'll have on him - plus playing grabazz with the other children.

So what do you think we're going to haul in in terms of draft picks for JG in 2017? He's a UFA in 2018, so what's the plan here? Trade while we have rights to him? Re-do the deal then trade him?

You're looking at a 2nd rounder, assuming he's competent on the field.

By the way, I'll take Brian Griese's clipboard-holder, assuming he can continue to play at a similar level to that I've become accustomed to.

"Broke all Tony Romo's records in college." ************, give me a break. NO, he's not an instant draft-pick bonanza if he manages not to suck for 4 games.

Some people are indeed stupid enough to anoint a QB the messiah based on what he did in college. He gets 4 NFL starts this year. That's the tape you'll have on him - plus playing grabazz with the other children.

So what do you think we're going to haul in in terms of draft picks for JG in 2017? He's a UFA in 2018, so what's the plan here? Trade while we have rights to him? Re-do the deal then trade him?

You're looking at a 2nd rounder, assuming he's competent on the field.

By the way, I'll take Brian Griese's clipboard-holder, assuming he can continue to play at a similar level to that I've become accustomed to.

"Broke all Tony Romo's records in college." ************, give me a break. NO, he's not an instant draft-pick bonanza if he manages not to suck for 4 games.

You disagreed with two facts. That's interesting. Obviously you disagreed with the inference made, but it's quite amazing that you disagreed with indisputable facts. Also, the college facts are probably more in reference to the perceived value of the player around the league at the time of receiving his opportunity. As Cassel was a 7th who wasn't expecting to get drafted, and Jimmy was a 2nd, he has more perceived value right now throughput the league.

RGIII went for 3 first round picks, Matt Hasselbeck went for 2 without having ever started a game. Carson Palmer went for a 1st when he was hurt and Cincy had no leverage. Trent Green was an 8th Rd pick who'd played ok for a half season. Jay Cutler. Drew Bledsoe. Rob Johnson for goodness sake.

You disagreed with facts and then asserted non facts based on one precedent, Matt Cassel. Your post was absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes