PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revisiting Seymour trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour said he would "sign with 31 teams," that means he wasn't signing here and there was no way he would have played for NE under a tag, especially as they bargained that away with him the previous time. The only question was whether to keep him and get nothing or try to maximize the return, anyone who thinks he would have stayed is simply making believe. I hated to see him go but they got the most they could for him.

The Pats did the best they could. He wasn't coming back, and many people on here (myself included) thought he was past his prime. Seems like a change of scenery worked out for him, although he hasn't been on a winning team, and we got some decent draft picks in return, although our D hasn't been lights out since he left (and it wasn't anyway the last year he was here). Seems like a sorta win-win for both, with both sides coming out the best they could under the circumstances.

The idea that we would have won 2 SBs if he was still here doesn't make too much sense as lots of people were complaining about him doggin' it right before he left. I think our LB and defensive backfield drop offs have been more of a problem than a drop-off on the d-line. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back