PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revised season predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
One game down; anyone want to modify their preseason predictions?

The offense was on fire today; and barring injury, they should remain such.
The defense played good, not great. This defense + seymour + harrison by game 7, and it should be a great defense as well.

My prediction (offensive):
Team Record: 18-1
Moss: 1500 yards (would need 88yards/game for the next 15 to get that)
Brady: 4300 yards (previous career high is 4110 2 years ago)
Maroney: 1100 yards
Sammy Morris: 600 yards
Welker: 750 yards (& most catches on the team)
Stallworth: 850 yards

Last edited:
One game and revised?

So after week 2 you gonna revise them again?

Easy its one game, but the offense is miles ahead then it was last yr at this time..

ya they can throw and complete passes.

No but you could do the math, Doug Gabriel , Reche Caldwell, and Troy Brown were our WR, Randy Moss, Wes Welker , and Donte Stallworth, this yr.. nuff said..

Honestly, I don't think the Jets are a very good team right now, so I'm still going with 12-13 wins.

One game and revised?

Well, I never posted a preseason prediction (since I just registered today...been lurking for a couple months)...

Also considering all the new important players this team has (and that some were out of action for the preseason), it was quite tough to predict with any certainly what kind of impact those players would have, and how they'd gel.
Its only one game, but things are looking much better than last year (where into week 8 ppl were still saying Brady more needed time to start clicking with his receivers)

Last edited:
No but you could do the math, Doug Gabriel , Reche Caldwell, and Troy Brown were our WR, Randy Moss, Wes Welker , and Donte Stallworth, this yr.. nuff said..

Considering they are new players and Moss supposedly was unable to play the offense is looking real good. You are right, it was painful to see them struggle to score points.

One game and revised?

Why not? The 1st regular season game is a far better barometer of how a team might do than anything that has occurred prior. They are finally playing a game that counts!

Of course, we all remember losing 31-0 to the Bills to start the '03 season. So even the first game can be misleading. Nothing's perfect.

And yes, why not revise yourself after week 2, then week3, ad nauseum? They do it on NFL.com and ESPN.com. It's called the Power Ratings. Yeah OK, they rank teams rather than predict records, but there's no real difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes