PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis to Pats: "Take the loss like a man"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Take the loss like a man"

pats fans actually threw stuff at the jets head coach? wow

I cant believe i am associated with people like this...no wonder people think this **** about us...sigh..

pats fans actually threw stuff at the jets head coach? wow

Chargers fans assaulted Pats fans in hordes in 2008. One of our oldest posters said it was the worst crowd reaction to one opposing team he had ever seen. His son was assaulted by a group of Chargers fans just because he was wearing a Pats jersey.

How is that any better than what that group of Pats fans did to Rex Ryan? Every fanbase has their fair share of *******s. And, again, why the hell are you here?

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Personally I don't care whether the Pats take the loss quietly or whine about it like LT or the Ravens.

Chargers fans assaulted Pats fans in hordes in 2008. One of our oldest posters said it was the worst crowd reaction to one opposing team he had ever seen. His son was assaulted by a group of Chargers fans just because he was wearing a Pats jersey.

How is that any better than what that group of Pats fans did to Rex Ryan? Every fanbase has their fair share of *******s. And, again, why the hell are you here?

yeahwas probably some rowdy mexicans who jumped off the raider bandwagon

i thought you guys didn't have that type of element in your fanbase, i knew we did lol

and , why the hell am i here? i was here before the game saying the pats would win the sb, that's why i'm here, been here for a long time

and , why the hell am i here?

jcdavey, with all due respect you're quoting 2x on the same post, and I know I drink way more than you:)

Last edited:

I think Kontra knows the guy in JC's photo.

Revis is right. Why are any Pats players still talking about the game? They got their asses handed to them on their home field, and that's that.
Branch's comments were immediately after the game...

It's worth saying twice.

Your name is just perfect justice. :D

Where have you been?

I haven't seen you on here in ages!

Funny that you win, so you (Jets fans, not just you) get the confidence to kick us while we are down!

Losing sucks. Winning is fun. You celebrate when you're having fun. When you're feeling bad, you believe the celebration is gloating. Blah blah blah.

In past losses, the Pats haven't been idiots like the teams we've beaten in the past -- they've realized it hurts but you just go home. You don't talk about the guy who just kicked your butt being "classless" and beating you the wrong way somehow.

We've had plenty of fun with Lady Tomlinson in the past on just such charges. We all said yeah yeah, if you don't want someone disrespecting your lightning bolt logo or whatever it was, you win the game. Shoe's on the other foot now.

It's gotta hurt those guys on the field way more than us, but then again, those seven-figure contracts are probably handy to salve those wounds.

Here's the thing about a loss: you don't get anything for it... not even the right to declare the guys who beat you to be lacking in class. Nobody thinks much of it. It's something a guy who lost just said about the guy that beat you. All you get to do is go play golf.

Sad but true - there is no "Class" trophy. I don't care if it's the Pats that are supposedly not classy enough, or the JEST, or the chargers or the steelers or whoever. I am sick of hearing the word "class."

You never get sick of hearing the word "victory" or "champion." That's the one that's not in the eye of the beholder, unless you count who be holdin' the trophy.

This is s mans game. LT whined like a b!tch way back in San Diego. He took that mentality to the jets locker room and now some of the jets are whiney b!tches, and even branch is caught up with it.

The jets beat us. They backed up all the trash talking. They earned the right to say whatever they want. Revis is right. Take it like a man. If you dot like the celebration get off the field. Just don't whine.

Next year is game on.

A typical Jets punk talking out the wrong end. Like the Browns game earlier this year, this game was the Jets superbowl, and ultimately why I feel they will lose to the Steelers. I honestly think the Jets will walk into Heinz filed and say "what, where are the Pats"? They cant let it go. Whether they win or lose the SB, the Jets will talk about this win for as long as they can. I gaurentee, when/if they do lose, you will see the Jets players still yapping about this game. They won, they beat us, they embarressed us. Congrats. But get off you frickin soap box and look in the mirror. All week leading up this game the Jets players were complaining about the Pats running up the score and Brady taunting (which all it was was a brief yell in the direction of the Jets bench) the Jets after the 45-3 game. They are big mouth hypocrites. One player, Branch, says something and we all need to get over it. Yet the majority of Jets spend the majority of the week crying about a game a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

I guess so. He danced after the game? Good for him. He needed the practice.

Regardless - who cares what the Jets did after the game? Come on, Deion. Stop complaining.

During the game.

Wait, what is our discussion even about? I read your post to mean that the losing team should not celebrate.

Revis is right. Why are any Pats players still talking about the game? They got their asses handed to them on their home field, and that's that.

It was right after the game. Not the day after.

During the game.

Wait, what is our discussion even about? I read your post to mean that the losing team should not celebrate.

Post game, end of game antics. LT doing a dance after a 1st down on the 1st drive of a game is a different discussion.

I think Kontra knows the guy in JC's photo.

Don't know him well. I met him once at a bar after that season. He explained to me how they set up the entire thing. Absolutely genius.

Did Deion Branch really pull an LT and say the Jets celebrated in a classless manner? Was LT dancing on the Pats logo at midfield or something? What is he referring to?

Last edited:

Jet fans;

Yeah, I know. The Patriots are not allowed to gloat, to celebrate, to taunt at all. Every other team gets a Class Pass, and are just excited. But the Patriots are strictly forbidden from it. Compliment the Jets "They are false compliments!" Respond to trash talk "That's going too far!" The Patriots celebrating AFTER the Jets talked sh!t all week "Classless punks".

Other way around. Only the Pats are allowed to celebrate, to dance on an opposing team's logo (the Chargers' game that LT is still pissed about), to trash talk in or out of game, or to mock another team's celebration (airplane arms by the secondary). Every other team is strictly forbidden.

Bottom line - if it's classless when the Jets do it, then it's classless when the Pats do it. If it's not classless when the Pats do it, then it's not classless when the Jets do it.

I'll even let you pick which opinion you want to work from. But for god's sake, pick one.

This "it's only classless when the Jets do it, but not when the Pats do it" stuff is just ridiculous. Especially in a post with this:

You double standard douchebags drive me absolutely crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back