PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks.

Revis is a cancer. The guy has held the Jets hostage what 3 different times now in demanding more money? In different years. The guy annually complains he's underpaid, but since his first year or two he's been a little overrated in terms of his impact.

So you just need to spread a few trade rumors to get a Jets' player to shut his mouth? The Jets should have been spreading trade rumors about Bart Scott for the last three years.

About a .0000001% chance Revis lands here. Starting to realize what other fans mean when they say we're delusional.

Revis and a 3rd rounder for Mallet

Why the jets would do it:
They're in cap hell and won't be competitive next year. Revis will be asking for top dollar, which they won't be able to provide nor should they.

They need to think about the future and move on from Sanchez. Mallet gives them a potential franchise qb, or at worse, maybe lights a fire under sanchez.

Why the pats would do it:
Revis would be a one year rental; but it would turn our secondary into a strength (if we also resign talib). We could then use our top 2 picks to improve our front 7.
The 3rd rounder gives us some long term return.

Mallet will be on the bench for 2 years if he stays with the Pats, and then will be paid top free agent money (if he shows flashes of being a top starter), or will leave for a starter opportunity elsewhere.

Why it won't work:
Cause the two teams hate each other.

and if they're planning on rebuilding why do they care if we improve in the short term?

see..him being mad still won't matter even in the 1%

They don't want us to improve...ever. They hate us...we hate them. These two franchises HATE each other. They would care alright

I have no interest in this guy. He is undoubtedly talented but I wouldn't trade anything of value to the Jets and we can't afford the contract anyway. He could be asking for twice what Talib wants and he simply isn't worth it coming off a major injury.

Revis is speechless...Woody is ruthless...Wrecks is ****less...and Sanchez?...well ,Sanchez is LESS than less.

I can't see the Patriots shelling out $11 million per year for Revis in a contract extension. Given this and the ACL injury, I can't see them giving up the assets necessary to acquire a player of Revis' caliber.

Nor can I see the Jets (as dumb as they are) trading him in division for less than a fortune.

I can't see the Patriots shelling out $11 million per year for Revis in a contract extension. Given this and the ACL injury, I can't see them giving up the assets necessary to acquire a player of Revis' caliber.

Nor can I see the Jets (as dumb as they are) trading him in division for less than a fortune.

nor do they need too. Sign talib and draft a CB or get one through FA like a DRC

The chances are literally zero that the Jets would trade him to NE. This is a franchise that is keenly focused on the back page/perceptions, etc.

And frankly, even if they were a normal team, with a normal owner and HC, trading a great player within the division would be a risky proposition.

And the Pats don't overpay in free agency and trades. The Jets will be looking for a huge return on Revis. Even if the Pats were in the NFC West, they are not that team.

This is nice to dream about but a direct Pats-Jets trade for Revis is impossible.

Revis COULD come to NE in 3-4 years after he leaves his next team.

The good news in all this: The NYJ will no longer have one of the top 2-3 CBs in football on their team. I like that news a lot.

I agree I'm just saying him being mad improves the chances for 0.01% to 1%.

Champ Bailey in his prime netted Portis and a 2nd. We could offer Ridley which is the young RB that Rex lusts for, Dowling or Dennard a CB with upside and our 1st rounder. That could be the best offer and if they're planning on rebuilding why do they care if we improve in the short term?
If you are at all serious, this could just be the most insane trade suggestion this board has ever seen. :rolleyes:

I agree I'm just saying him being mad improves the chances for 0.01% to 1%.

Champ Bailey in his prime netted Portis and a 2nd. We could offer Ridley which is the young RB that Rex lusts for, Dowling or Dennard a CB with upside and our 1st rounder. That could be the best offer and if they're planning on rebuilding why do they care if we improve in the short term?

Is my comprehension wrong here? Ridley, Dowling or Dennard AND our first round pick?

And the patriots could welcome him.

Revis for a 1st and second round pick sounds fair.

Yeah, that would certainly beat the hell out of trading a 4th for another one year rental at the position...

$11? Revis wants franchise QB money. Something north of $16M. He wants to be among the top 10 highest players in the league, not just at his position.

$11? Revis wants franchise QB money. Something north of $16M. He wants to be among the top 10 highest players in the league, not just at his position.

Mo, way too many unthinking frustrated MLB trade fanbois posting here, guys to whom money is no object and to whom the salary cap is quantum physics, or something even more incomprehensible like French.

One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.
"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering that Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is nonetheless coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.
The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.
Sources say one of the teams highly interested are the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.
Other teams highly interested, I'm told are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.
So the race to get Revis is on.
Who will win?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...le-revis-trade

Is my comprehension wrong here? Ridley, Dowling or Dennard AND our first round pick?

Jets Receive
Ridley
Dowling or Dennard
1st round draft pick

Patriots Receive
Revis

Is what I was saying.

If you are at all serious, this could just be the most insane trade suggestion this board has ever seen. :rolleyes:

I don't really follow what you're saying. Are you saying its to much to give of to little?

Jets Receive
Ridley
Dowling or Dennard
1st round draft pick

Patriots Receive
Revis

Is what I was saying.

I'd stop any more saying were I you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back