PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis rants over Moss double team talk [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Darrelle Revis is a jerk to Reiss

Agree completely, but why be embarrassed for Reiss, though? He asked in an extremely polite and as political way as he possible. Revis' reaction was 100% unprovoked and I don't think it reflected poorly on Reiss at all.

My take is that if you are on a con-call with 100 other people and you ask a question and the response makes you feel inferior or "called-out" so to speak, it's natural to feel embarassed. However, because the rest of the reporters most likely think Revis is a complete jerk for speaking to Reiss the way he did, Reiss should gain solstace in that.

Either way, I'm sure Reiss won't lose an ounce of credibility or sleep b/c of Revis.

My take is that if you are on a con-call with 100 other people and you ask a question and the response makes you feel inferior or "called-out" so to speak, it's natural to feel embarassed. However, because the rest of the reporters most likely think Revis is a complete jerk for speaking to Reiss the way he did, Reiss should gain solstace in that.

Either way, I'm sure Reiss won't lose an ounce of credibility or sleep b/c of Revis.

Yup, well put all around.

However, because the rest of the reporters most likely think Revis is a complete jerk for speaking to Reiss the way he did, Reiss should gain solstace in that.

He should gain a day of the year when it's there's more nighttime that in any other day of the year away from the con call? :confused:

Yup, well put all around.

I loved Revis coming out of Pitt. Same HS as Ty Law. Wanted BB to move up and grab him in the worst way.........After seeing this, kinda glad he didn't take him. I guess he blew off "Respecting People 101" at Pitt.

On the flip side, this type of behavior is on the NYJ org too. It goes unnoticed sometimes how spectacular the Pats players are with the media. Clearly they coach the rooks and the young players to handle questions, treat people etc. I wonder if Revis came here, he'd have done/said things differently. But if true colors mean anything, all the media relations guidence in the world wouldn't change the fact that the kid is a 1st class a-hole.

My 02$

He should gain a day of the year when it's there's more nighttime that in any other day of the year away from the con call? :confused:

I wish Ian would put spell check on the board.I meant "solstice"...yes what you say and also used to define a turning point in a situation.

Wise ass;)

Hey! No one is talking about why Revis flipped out over the question.

My hypothesis is that Reiss was just way too close to clearing up the whole Randy Moss- Revis argument.

- Revis -- I had Randy in man-to-man all day and shut him down
- Randy - he had safety help over the top all day.

- Reiss - will you play man to man with safety help over the top this week?

ergo, flip out.

--FRITZ

My hypothesis is that Reiss was just way too close to clearing up the whole Randy Moss- Revis argument.

ergo, flip out.

--FRITZ

Methinks it's probably this or something close to it as well. Good deduction.

ergo, flip out.

--FRITZ

So you are saying he was bated by Reiss therefor should not be held accountable for being a jerk?

Revis ain't a "d-bag" he's a solid guy and a good football player....Bart Scott on the other hand...

it was some defense of Papi that I disdain.

Nothing to do w/ Pats... I will relike Reiss in Time... but it will take a feww more weeks.

Revis ain't a "d-bag" he's a solid guy and a good football player....Bart Scott on the other hand...

Revis plays for a NY sports team ergo hes a douchebag

Have you heard the interview? Because its hard to listen to him and then not come to the conclusion he's a massive d-bag.

Have you heard the interview? Because its hard to listen to him and then not come to the conclusion he's a massive d-bag.

this was the exchange
Revis rants over Moss double team talk | ProFootballTalk.com

Q: Is it possible to have safety help over the top, while you're playing man coverage, so it sort of allows you to be more aggressive when you have the safety help rolled over the top?

Revis: Do you know football?

Q: Well, that's why I'm asking. You know, if you could clear it up for me.

Revis: Yeah, I'm asking you. I'm asking you a question. Do you know football?

Q: Maybe parts of it, but not that part of it.

Revis: What part do you know?

Q: I said, like parts of it.

Revis: OK, so do you know defensive coverages?

Q: Not very well.

Revis: Cover two, over three, cover one.

Q: Not very well, quite honestly.

Revis: Well, OK.
and this is what reiss said on his twitterwhen someone asked him

I thought I should have been a bit more forceful, but honestly, was a bit stunned at his response.

Yeah I read it in newspaper here in NY. According to story Beavis got ticked at Moss questions so he asked Reiss if knew anything about football. Then he asked him about coverages so Reiss no said thats why I'm asking you. Beavis said well all right then. lol

nah, he's a straight-up douche. Not that it matters- most athletes are.

Last edited:
I barely ever post here but did you guys listen to the entire interview? Revis was asked the same question about three of four times and answered all of them politely until he just got fed up with being asked the same question over and over again. In my opinion he handled the situation quite well. I would have ended the interview right there. The final question is taken way out of context.

revis is just pissed because he did a great job against moss and moss downplayed his game. moss what being a jerk and revis is the best corner in the nfl hands down. don't get me started that revis is a jerk, he is way more classy than moss. you can call out rhodes and bart scott for being jerks but revis come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back