PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis rants over Moss double team talk [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Revis rants over Moss double team talk [mergedx2]

who cares what Rufus says?

he can barely speak English..ala Joey Porter

he's a Jet so assuming he's a pathological liar is about 99 % accurate

his blatant display of "me,me,me!!! look at ME cover!!! ME best!! don't ever talk about ME unless it's all about how great ME am!!" exacerbates what a collection of universally hated bigmouths the Jets are.

We'll see how much talkin' Revis does after he is scorched this Sunday....I wanna see him try and guard Welker.........:D

Anyone else think Moss is messing with the young guy's head by design? Getting him all worked up and overly aggressive for the game?

"[E]veryone saw the game, everybody knows I was in man coverage, that was the case," Revis said. "He's supposed to say that because [that day] wasn't his day, he got shut out and was frustrated about it, which is cool. I don't have anything against him. I still think he's one of the best receivers in the league. When we go up against each other, it's great competition."

Sounds like he was starting to talk trash about Moss then thought the better of it not wanting to piss Moss off. Last time I saw Moss angry was in the Pittsburgh game in 2007 and we all remember what happened to poor Anthony Smith.

Sounds like he was starting to talk trash about Moss then thought the better of it not wanting to piss Moss off. Last time I saw Moss angry was in the Pittsburgh game in 2007 and we all remember what happened to poor Anthony Smith.

They're still finding pieces of him in the rubble.........:D

Last edited:
Last edited:

In his conference call this week, Revis was a jerk to a reporter who asked about his coverage - Revis tried to get that reporter to admit he doesn't know football:

Revis rants over Moss double team talk | ProFootballTalk.com

Well, that reporter was Mike Reiss, guys.

Heh. Reiss should have said something like, "yeah, I know defensive schemes. And you were definitely getting help". How else does Revis explain the safety zooming over on his pick of Brady? Guy is an idiot.

Heh. Reiss should have said something like, "yeah, I know defensive schemes. And you were definitely getting help". How else does Revis explain the safety zooming over on his pick of Brady? Guy is an idiot.

Chris Gasper jumped right in at the end and fought back against Revis.

Mike said on his Twitter that he thought he should have fought back more too.

I don't believe that Reiss would be that ignorant. He must have been trying to take the higher road, or depreciate what he actually knows.

In his conference call this week, Revis was a jerk to a reporter who asked about his coverage - Revis tried to get that reporter to admit he doesn't know football:

Revis rants over Moss double team talk | ProFootballTalk.com

Well, that reporter was Mike Reiss, guys.

Here's the audio and transcript:

JETS: Darrelle Revis Conference Call

I don't believe that Reiss would be that ignorant. He must have been trying to take the higher road, or depreciate what he actually knows.

To an extent yes, but I think Mike was wise and knew better than getting into a public argement on defense with a pro-football player who actually plays D on the field.

That said, he could have pointed out that he was asking those hard questions only because BB, the opponent coach and who is reputed to know supposed to know a thing or two about D, said something contrary.

Darrelle Revis is a jerk to Reiss

I don't know if anyone caught this, I heard it on 98.5 yesterday as Felger awarded Revis with his "d-bag of the week" award. I don't know if its on the net anywhere yet.

On the media con-call, Reiss asked Revis a question about playing man coverage with safety help over-the-top, and asked if thats a coverage they would play. Revis responded with "do you know football?". When Reiss responded effectively saying "I don't know much about coverages, I was hoping you could tell me", Revis continued to respond with "do you know about football, do you know about coverages?" He never answered the question, and the tone of his voice was defensive & childish. Gasper stepped in and helped out former colleague by trying to re-phrase the question in a way that wouldn't flip out the over-sensitive Revis.

It was pretty embarrassing for Revis, big kudos to Mike Reiss for keeping his cool & being polite the entire way through while dealing with that immature punk. Not sure I could've done it.

All the more reason to hope Revis gets burnt on Sunday. The guy's ego is out of control.

Re: Darrelle Revis is a jerk to Reiss

I don't know if anyone caught this, I heard it on 98.5 yesterday as Felger awarded Revis with his "d-bag of the week" award. I don't know if its on the net anywhere yet.

On the media con-call, Reiss asked Revis a question about playing man coverage with safety help over-the-top, and asked if thats a coverage they would play. Revis responded with "do you know football?". When Reiss responded effectively saying "I don't know much about coverages, I was hoping you could tell me", Revis continued to respond with "do you know about football, do you know about coverages?" He never answered the question, and the tone of his voice was defensive & childish. Gasper stepped in and helped out former colleague by trying to re-phrase the question in a way that wouldn't flip out the over-sensitive Revis.

It was pretty embarrassing for Revis, big kudos to Mike Reiss for keeping his cool & being polite the entire way through while dealing with that immature punk. Not sure I could've done it.

All the more reason to hope Revis gets burnt on Sunday. The guy's ego is out of control.

He's good but is extremely overrated, IMO. The guy had trouble sticking to Ted Ginn, Jr. I don't think he'd be able to contain Randy Moss 1 on 1.

Reiss pissed me off a few weeks ago and i'm still not over it yet.

good... I am glad

I'm sure the Patriots are going to make those safeties work this week, I hope so now. That's really a douche bag move, Reiss is one of the better reporters in the game no reason to be like that.

I'm embarassed for them both. That's incredibly unprofessional and inhuman of Revis to belittle someone like that. Sheesh.

good... I am glad

Why what did he do? Run over your dog?

good... I am glad

What did Reiss do? He seems pretty mild-mannered and fairly skilled around tippy-toe around divisive issues (as opposed for Forgeus to hits them head-on)...

Last edited:

I'm embarassed for them both. That's incredibly unprofessional and inhuman of Revis to belittle someone like that. Sheesh.

Agree completely, but why be embarrassed for Reiss, though? He asked in an extremely polite and as political way as he possible. Revis' reaction was 100% unprovoked and I don't think it reflected poorly on Reiss at all.

Last edited:

good... I am glad

THIS should be interesting :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back