PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Overall Performance and Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Jets fan, but I'm a huge Revis fan as well so I've found myself rooting for you guys a bit this year. Honestly, it feels weird, but we currently suck so it's not a huge deal. I'm glad he's playing like his old self for you guys, since he definitely deserves a Championship. Once he gets it, there should be no doubt that he belongs in that GOAT category with Deion.

I'm a Jets fan, but I'm a huge Revis fan as well so I've found myself rooting for you guys a bit this year. Honestly, it feels weird, but we currently suck so it's not a huge deal. I'm glad he's playing like his old self for you guys, since he definitely deserves a Championship. Once he gets it, there should be no doubt that he belongs in that GOAT category with Deion.
The only disagreement is that "he belongs in the GOAT category with Deion" even if he never gets the ring. The man leaves me speechless . . . seriously. He plays his position better than anyone in the game today and I'm going to be so bold as to say it's not even close. Sherman, Talib, and the like are all very very good in their own right, respectively, but what Revis does is other-worldly. He just understands how to cover and it's like he just studies a receiver, learns everything he does well and just shuts it down. He runs the receiver's route for the receiver on a lot of plays. Yeah, he's a beast.

He balled out today. Best I have seen him since his Jets days.

Please bring him back next year unless he's asking for insane money. Guy is unbelievable

Please bring him back next year unless he's asking for insane money. Guy is unbelievable

even if he is...pay him. Look at what this D can do with him....we can win on D and O....LONG time since that and mostly becasue of him

even if he is...pay him. Look at what this D can do with him....we can win on D and O....LONG time since that and mostly becasue of him
While I wholeheartedly agree with you. How much would be too much in your opinion?

I said it in the GDT, ill say it again... PAY THE MAN.

He has been phenomenal, don't let him get away.

I'd rate him a 96/100 for the entire season

He's been amazing

Yeah, he's solid, which apparently looks like "awesome" to those of us who watched him his sophomore season. :)

even solid might be a bit much, IMO. He's perfectly adequate :p

I'd give him a 92-94 overall. He's clearly one of the best CBs in the league, but there are others about as good as him.

Over the past month, though, I think Revis and Peterson have really established themselves as the best corners in the league.

Not sure what everyone is seeing here, Belichick obviously had a chance to go get Percy Harvin and probably could have gotten him for just their first, but instead he wastes his money on Revis and once again he gives them absolutely nothing. Another week with no receptions.

Sincerely,

I DON'T CARE, I JUST CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE

12.gif

Oh Revis - how great thou art!

While I wholeheartedly agree with you. How much would be too much in your opinion?

Belichick will sign players he wants that want to play here. I think he signs him. Unless Revis is only concerned with the top money regardless of team (the type of player we don't want anyway) there will be a number, or contract structure that will be worked out.

Belichick will sign players he wants that want to play here. I think he signs him. Unless Revis is only concerned with the top money regardless of team (the type of player we don't want anyway) there will be a number, or contract structure that will be worked out.

I have no problem with the best wanting to be paid like it. Revis changes everything defensively, it is up to the Patriots to figure out how to pay the man.

That said the Patriots are outstanding when it comes to keeping those they most want to keep. It shall be done.

I have no problem with the best wanting to be paid like it. Revis changes everything defensively, it is up to the Patriots to figure out how to pay the man.

I agree. There are difference makers and the Pats understand that. They did it with prime seymour when it looked doubtful. Revis is clearly loving playing for a winner and a great organization and there are some things more important than money.

When you're a talent like he is, you can have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes