Who will visit Revis Island next?

• Mike Wallace

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Jarvis Landry

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember comments that Tannehill is not very accurate deep, hence why he and Wallace haven't connected too well.

I'd go Revis on Landry, and Browner to jam Wallace with safety help from McCourty.

Revis on Wallace
Browner on Hartline
Dennard/Arrington on Landry

Isn't Arrington faster than Revis? Arrington and Safety help on Wallace; Revis on Landry?

4.40 ish 40 for arrington it looks like
4.36-4.41 for revis

So roughly the same based on what i could find

I kind of like the idea of Revis on Landry and Browner on Wallace with safety help over the top. I think that Ryan Tannehill has been consistently unable to find Wallace deep throughout the season, so I wouldn't be too worried about Browner getting beat deep since DMac has very good range as well.

I kind of like the idea of Revis on Landry and Browner on Wallace with safety help over the top. I think that Ryan Tannehill has been consistently unable to find Wallace deep throughout the season, so I wouldn't be too worried about Browner getting beat deep since DMac has very good range as well.
Yeah Tannehill really hasn't been able to get the ball deep downfield at all this season. If the secondary can do it's job and lock up Miami's receivers then the Pats will be able to beat that Miami o-line and pound Tannehill.

It has to be Revis on Wallace because Browner does not have the speed to hang with him.
Browner is fine on speed guys, the difference in 40 times is so negligible in the NFL game, what isn't negligible, is the quickness/shiftiness. Wallace is a speed guy only, he isn't going to juke anyone out of their jocks or win with route running, Browner/DMC is fine on him.

Hell, i'd even go:

Revis on Landry/Hartline
Arrington + DMC on Wallace
Browner on Clay
CB#4 on Landry/Hartline whoever Revis doesn't take

This leaves Collins/Hightower free to blitz or cover the RB on every snap

I want Revis on the best route runner or the shiftiest player ever week, Browner on the bigger more physical receiver, and Arrington has handled some speed guys like Hilton recently quite well.

All that said, Miami's receiving corps is so average that our DBs might just play man on their own side and not matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back