Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mike Wallace: 57 receptions 700 yards 7 TDs
Jarvis Landry: 63 receptions 573 yards 5 TDs

Since week 9, Landry has had 5 receptions or more in every game. IMO, putting Revis on Landry would take away Tannehill's security blanket. However, Browner on Wallace is a nightmare matchup, so Arrington would have to be on him.

Thoughts?

If we go man to man, Revis is our only speed corner. He goes on Wallace and Browner is on Landry.

None of the Miami receivers are that big.

Hartline is 6'2", 200
Wallace is 6'0", 200
Landry is 5'11", 202

Any chance Alfonzo Dennard is dusted off of mothballs and plays in this game?

12/7, at San Diego: inactive
11/30, at Green Bay: 10 snaps
11/23, vs Detroit: 7 snaps (all in final drive only)
11/16, at Indianapolis: inactive
11/02, vs Denver: inactive
10/26, vs Chicago: inactive
10/16, vs NY/NJ Jets: 50 of 87 snaps (Browner with 41)
10/12, at Buffalo: 66 of 69 snaps (Browner DNP)
10/05, vs Cincy: all 55 snaps (Browner DNP)

No question Wallace IMO

I would consider doubling Wallace due to speed, and having Revis on the more physical matchup.

Revis on Landry
Browner/McCourty on Wallace
Arrington & Co. on Hartline and the rest
Collins on Clay

Personally, I'd agree with Deus' plan. Nice projection.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fonzie grab some much needed reps in an attempt to get his confidence back, particularly as we move closer to the postseason. I think at some point this is needed.

Of course, this may not happen until week 17 vs BUF--since we'd most likely have to give Browner a break to swap them out (unless you believe that Dennard would play inside). Hopefully by then DEN will have lost a game and we can use that last week to rest up some starters.

I think Revis can keep up with Wallace. He is probably our fastest CB

I wouldn't mind seeing Fonzie grab some much needed reps in an attempt to get his confidence back, particularly as we move closer to the postseason. I think at some point this is needed.

Of course, this may not happen until week 17 vs BUF--since we'd most likely have to give Browner a break to swap them out (unless you believe that Dennard would play inside). Hopefully by then DEN will have lost a game and we can use that last week to rest up some starters.

This very well could be a Dennard type game. Or he may be inactive again. Lord only knows

But MIA has smaller WRs..so if he is going to play..i would think he would have a better chance this week

I want Browner to inflict painful jams on Wallace.

I don't know if Revis is fast enough for Wallace. Didn't he get torched first game? Put safety help on Wallace and Revis takes out Landry.

Both, but not at the same time.

Mike Wallace: 57 receptions 700 yards 7 TDs
Jarvis Landry: 63 receptions 573 yards 5 TDs

Since week 9, Landry has had 5 receptions or more in every game. IMO, putting Revis on Landry would take away Tannehill's security blanket. However, Browner on Wallace is a nightmare matchup, so Arrington would have to be on him.

Thoughts?
It has to be Revis on Wallace because Browner does not have the speed to hang with him.

None of the Miami receivers are that big.

Hartline is 6'2", 200
Wallace is 6'0", 200
Landry is 5'11", 202

12/7, at San Diego: inactive
11/30, at Green Bay: 10 snaps
11/23, vs Detroit: 7 snaps (all in final drive only)
11/16, at Indianapolis: inactive
11/02, vs Denver: inactive
10/26, vs Chicago: inactive
10/16, vs NY/NJ Jets: 50 of 87 snaps (Browner with 41)
10/12, at Buffalo: 66 of 69 snaps (Browner DNP)
10/05, vs Cincy: all 55 snaps (Browner DNP)
I was thinking Dennard would be a great matchup for Landry.

Landry has become Tannenhill's security blanket. You put Revis on him.

Revis is our only corner who can keep up with Wallace's speed, so that's where I would prefer to see him. Browner on Hartline, Arrington on Landry.

Wallace!!! Landry? Seriously? I think Browner can cover Clay and Dennard/Arrington/Ryan can take care of Landry. If Chandler Jones is back then Tannehill will be on his ass anyway!

Wallace!!! Landry? Seriously? I think Browner can cover Clay and Dennard/Arrington/Ryan can take care of Landry. If Chandler Jones is back then Tannehill will be on his ass anyway!

I don't want Logan Ryan anywhere on the field right now. He is going through some big issues. Needs to get his head out of his ass first

Revis is our only corner who can keep up with Wallace's speed, so that's where I would prefer to see him. Browner on Hartline, Arrington on Landry.

Kyle Arrington and Marquice Cole when Arrington was off the field or assigned elsewhere with Safety help basically shut down Mike Wallace in both games last year outside of the one play before HT that Gregory came in at a bad angle.

Revis on Wallace, Arrington on Landry, Browner moves around and i wouldn't be shocked if he's on Sims and a bit of a spy on Tannenhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes