PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis, McCourty, Easley, Hightower at practice Wednesday 10-8-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
3qp8hu.jpg

Fantastic news. This D would be pretty scary without McCourty.

Ebner and Fleming still out.

The former boosts the idea that yes, Belichick places a lot of weight on STs.

But just a walk through.

I love seeing that Tyms was the first one on the field. I really have high hopes for the kid. More than any player in a long time. I love his attitude and determination. I hope he doesn't disappoint. I know some posters dont think he has a shot. But think he's going to surprise us EDIT: He was also among the practice players of the week. Probably playing the role of A.J. Green

Phew, any sign that McCourty is okay is more than welcome.

I Tyms. . . I know some posters dont think he has a shot.
He may not make it but anyone who says he has no shot is arguing just to hear themselves talk. We released the decent KT to make room for him so there's something there that they like. Maybe he'll be a bust but he's not just a training camp wonder kid in the team's mind or he would have been released when no WR injuries occurred in weeks 1-4.

Awesome news. Were in business on sunday!

It is but if Revis hammy was bad or bad enough...I don't think he would have been out there ect.

I doubt he would have returned to the game on Sunday either if it was anything serious.

Revis was a full participant

Limited: Jones, McCourty, Hightower, Collins, Easley, and Slater

He may not make it but anyone who says he has no shot is arguing just to hear themselves talk. We released the decent KT to make room for him so there's something there that they like. Maybe he'll be a bust but he's not just a training camp wonder kid in the team's mind or he would have been released when no WR injuries occurred in weeks 1-4.
Thompkins was released to get Ja'Gared Davis on the roster since they needed depth at LB with Hightower being out last Sunday. BB said that was the reason for his release.

I doubt he would have returned to the game on Sunday either if it was anything serious.
that too. When he came right back I knew it wasn't serious. If he didn't come back I would have been very worried

Thompkins was released to get Ja'Gared Davis on the roster since they needed depth at LB with Hightower being out last Sunday. BB said that was the reason for his release.
I'm well aware of that. However Bill would have very likely found someone else to cut for the game had Tyms not be waiting in the next room. I get that we deactivated KT and Dobson vs. KC but that's different than cutting one. KT was cut to make room for Davis but he wouldn't have been if he weren't about to move down the depth chart.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Dominique Easley suffered an AC joint separation against the Bengals. There's early optimism he can play, but the call will be made later.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
For Easley's joint separation in right shoulder, it's mostly about pain management. Again, will know more definitely later in week.

I don't think Easly will play. Won't want to risk making that shoulder worse

I love seeing that Tyms was the first one on the field. I really have high hopes for the kid. More than any player in a long time. I love his attitude and determination. I hope he doesn't disappoint. I know some posters dont think he has a shot. But think he's going to surprise us EDIT: He was also among the practice players of the week. Probably playing the role of A.J. Green

Its hard to get too excited over an UDFA who's on his fourth team in 3 years. The measurables are certainly there - he's big and fast and plays even bigger. His catch, bobble-bounce-recatch in the preseason was pretty amazing and showed great concentration, and that was only the beginning. Have to love his fight-for-the-ball attitude.

He really looked like a receiver in preseason, so we'll see. Sometimes the light goes on, and wouldn't that be awesome?

More importantly I want to see Dobson out there. That kid has a lot to prove

Slater limited. We know he's key, but lately I feel we don't make as big a deal about him as he deserves....

(1) solid citizen (2) awesome ST player (3) well-spoken spokesman in locker (4) effort and production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back