PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis back at practice 10-22-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of one player Bill has sent home for being late that ended up on the team the next year.

This blows if it's true.

Moss and Guyton were late, along with Thomas. Both were back in 2010.

You don't know how many times this has happened. Pats keep everything air tight. It could have happened to mccourty.. ninko...who knows.

that's my point. I think these things come out for a reason.

That explains why Eric Decker had such a strong game against a elite CB. As Kontra stated Revis playing zone negates his abilities.

this is what BB said of Revis today BTW

“Having Darrelle here, I’€™ve really been impressed with his professionalism, how serious and businesslike he is in terms of his preparation and studying of games, of what we do and what our opponents do,” Belichick said Wednesday when asked about Revis.

“A hard-working guy that’€™s spent a lot of extra time in trying to do his job the very best he can do it,” added Belichick. “I have a lot of respect for how he’€™s gone about that. those are the things you just don’€™t see when a players with another team ‘€” not the same kind of day-to-day appreciation that I’€™ve had the opportunity to have this year. he’€™s played well for us. I’€™m glad we have him.”

He wasn't used correctly in the Jets game and we almost lost because of it. Like I've been saying, I understand switching up coverages. Every defense needs that. But, due to personnel, the Pats should be employing primarily press man. There is no game on this schedule where they should be showing primarily off man and zone looks. I don't care if they're playing a quarterback with Usain Bolt's legs, Aaron Rodgers' arm, and Tom Brady's brain. Press man should primarily be the coverage they're playing.

Genuinely curious about what you saw in the Jets game that leads you to think he was misused. My take on the defense was that a) the Jets don't have any good receivers, so there was no need play up on the line and disrupt routes (like they'll need to do against the Bears), and b) they decided to let the Jets run the ball, only the front seven got pushed around and caught in the wash of all those funnel plays. I thought the secondary was fine, especially in the Red Zone.

This week, the secondary needs to clamp down on the Bears receivers who are head and shoulders above the Jets, especially with Chandler Jones out, and the front seven has to handle Forte and find a way to put some heat on Cutler.

That explains why Eric Decker had such a strong game against a elite CB. As Kontra stated Revis playing zone negates his abilities.

4 for 65 isn't really a strong game.... If it was what watkins did vs vikings..now that is strong.

They said on 98.5 that Revis' agent denied that Revis was sent home for being late on his Twitter, but then pulled the post.

this is what BB said of Revis today BTW

That's blowing some serious smoke up a superstar's butt right there. I hope Revis enjoyed it. He probably got reamed like he hasn't been in a while by Belichick and Brady and Vince.

Revis needs to be a real leader as the season gets tougher and pressure mounts. He hasn't been in the middle of a genuine playoff drive for several years, and never in an atmosphere like this where there are guys who expect to get to the Super Bowl.

This is the right time of the year for this little dust up to take place. Shows that the Patriots are serious about what they're doing.

Genuinely curious about what you saw in the Jets game that leads you to think he was misused. My take on the defense was that a) the Jets don't have any good receivers, so there was no need play up on the line and disrupt routes (like they'll need to do against the Bears), and b) they decided to let the Jets run the ball, only the front seven got pushed around and caught in the wash of all those funnel plays. I thought the secondary was fine, especially in the Red Zone.

This week, the secondary needs to clamp down on the Bears receivers who are head and shoulders above the Jets, especially with Chandler Jones out, and the front seven has to handle Forte and find a way to put some heat on Cutler.

Bedard reiterated this, but BB basically likes to play it close to the vest against mobile quarterbacks. That means a whole hell of a lot of zone to keep everybody's eyes turned toward the ball carrier. The result was 0 turnovers, 0 punts until under 2:00 remaining in the 4th quarter, and a near loss to an inferior team at home. What they should have done was press their receivers (they don't need to be talented in order for you to press them, by the way) to disrupt their routes and blitz the weak side as often as possible to try to force one of the worst quarterbacks in the league into quick decisions. Those things usually lead to turnovers which usually lead to comfortable victories.

Last edited:
Bedard reiterated this, but BB basically likes to play it close to the vest against mobile quarterbacks. That means a lot hell of a lot of zone to keep everybody's eyes turned toward the ball carrier. The result was 0 turnovers, 0 punts until under 2:00 remaining in the 4th quarter, and a near loss to an inferior team at home. What they should have done was press their receivers (they don't need to be talented in order for you to press them, by the way) to disrupt their routes and blitz the weak side as often as possible to try to force one of the worst quarterbacks in the league into quick decisions. Those things usually lead to turnovers which usually lead to comfortable victories.

Exactly. What is this notion that only good receivers deserve to be pressed?

That's blowing some serious smoke up a superstar's butt right there. I hope Revis enjoyed it. He probably got reamed like he hasn't been in a while by Belichick and Brady and Vince.

I can bet you this is how it went down.

Revis walks in late..

pg2_a_belichick_300.jpg

go home.....

this is BB as to why he doesn't play man every single play:

One of the issues of playing man on every play is just the amount of energy it takes,” said Belichick. “I mean you have to run with the guy 30, 35 yards on a running play because he’s just running you off. It’s really a nothing play for the corner, it’s an inside run, but you don’t know that. You’re in man coverage, the guy runs a go route and you gotta chase him for 40 yards and the ball is back there 40 yards behind you at the line of scrimmage, but you don’t know that. So to do that every single down, is it doable? Yeah. But is it taxing on your secondary to do that, it really is.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back