Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicilian

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's a hockey analogy, but bear with me...

Barry Melrose, a respected hockey analyst (working for ESPN aside) describes what he calls the Reverse Superstar Theory. When you lose the main superstar on your team, the rest of the players (at least in the short term), all psychologically pick up their gameplay to make up for the loss. In many cases, the team ends up playing BETTER without the superstar...

Now, that's in the SHORT TERM. And it evens out because, when the player returns, the effect rebounds like a rubber band, and the team struggles for the first batch of games.

We may see that here. Eventually, over the long term, talent wins out so hopefully we have enough outside of the QB position to hold our own. For for the next two games before the bye, everyone else on the team just might have an extra spring in their step.

I believe the SPorts Guy Refers to it as "The Ewing Theory," but I agree. This is somethign that COULD happen....

They still kicked the Steelers' butts when Drew Bledsoe came in for an injured Tom Brady.

Honestly, I'd feel more optimistic if Charlie Weis were on that sideline. He was capable of making an average QB look excellent (I'm talking about his days with the Jets).

Well if that was the case the team , and Im talking about the defense ,should have stepped up in the end.. The O line also looked lethargic..

People want to go back where this all started Brady /Bledsoe .. Bledsoe was not much of a leader, a talent ,but he never a rah rah guy, and that season signed a fat contract, and felt he was complacient.. Along comes Brady and the rest is history...

Now people want to compare this situation now, I know some people will disagree,but Brady was not complacient, and the inj was not because he did not work out in the offseason, its a freak inj ,and it just sucks.. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes