Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reverend moon sponsors U.S. college republicans

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by jack, Mar 27, 2008.

1. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Nothing quite like a bunch of white fortunate son talking about the war and the reasons they cannot go.. kinda like a bunch of white men discussing the viscissitudes of racism.. all b.s. It was a good piece though.. the heavy High School kid, is in the closet..

3. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

moon children... prolly the result of moonie orgies.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Isn't it great how you can say anything about "White People" but your life can be destroyed if you say "HO"

The Double Standard CREATES Racism.

I would rather bring Rev Moon home to meet the kids than Mohammad Jabul Zacrorffie the bomber.

:bricks:

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

See Fog, sure you can work something out...

6. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How was that good time?

7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

yep, 200 years of slavery followed by 50 years of racial oppression can certainly bring about such an inequality in the racial sensitivities of the 2 groups. But you'll never bother to take the time to understand this.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Sorry but most whites and blacks today were not apart of that, so put the crutch down.

I never owned a slave, or used a "white only" bathroom.

But I have been living through affirmative action, should I react negative to that?

9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Yes because you weren't directly involved that means it has no effect on todays socio-economic landscape:rolleyes: I'm sure in your mind affirmative action is comparable to these things though. It's not a "crutch" it's a fact. There's a very good reason why the word "n!gger" and the word "cracker" have different effects on the people they target. But once again, you're much too angry and self-centered to ever bother taking the time to step into someone else's shoes and think this stuff through on your own.

10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OK, I get it: Barack can stand next to *his* pastor, he the raving "God damn America" man, but Repubs are not supposed to go to a hotel owned by members of the Unification movement, whose founder devoted 30 years in America and once did a 21-city speaking tour, with a speech called, "God Bless America"????

Yeah, that's not whacked. :rolleyes:

:mad:

//

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Here is a sample of what Rev. Moon thinks about America, her past as well as her future:

[size=+2]God's Hope for America[/size]

Reverend Sun Myung Moon
    June 1, 1976
    Yankee Stadium
    New York
    Translator - Bo Hi Pak

Distinguished citizens of the United States and honorable delegates of the world, I would like to speak to you tonight on the subject "God's Hope for America." But first of all, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all of you for coming today and being part of this record crowd.

Here in this grand Yankee Stadium we have gathered to celebrate America's 200th birthday.

Among this year's many celebrations, our Festival at Yankee Stadium is unique for the following reasons: First, we have gathered together in the name of God, and second, we are having an international celebration. Representatives from all over the world are here for this joyous celebration.

Today we are living in an age when we must look at every individual and every nation as vital components of the world. In our world, there are basically two ways of life. One is the selfish way of life, and the other is the unselfish way of life where one thinks beyond himself and his family and lives for the greater purpose of the nation and the world. Throughout history, whether in the East or West, those who played important roles were public-minded or selfless persons.

The well-being of the family should come before that of the individual; the nation should come before the family; the world before the nation, and God before the world. This is the philosophy of the selfless way of life. The righteous men and women and saints in history were those people who selflessly sacrificed themselves for God and mankind. Jesus Christ was indeed the supreme example of such a righteous man.

It is really God, however, who is supremely selfless, supremely public-minded. When mankind rebelled against Him, God did not take revenge; He forgave. And God has been working tirelessly to raise sinful men up out of sin into salvation. To do this God sent His only Son Jesus Christ. Even at the cost of sacrificing His Son, God wanted to save the world. God erected Israel as the chosen nation. The purpose of the chosen nation is also to save the world. And God raised up Christianity for the same purpose-to save the world.

The Bible says in John 3:16, "God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Remember, the world is God's goal. And just as Jesus willingly gave his life so that the world might live, God wanted all Christians to be willing to give themselves for the salvation of the world. However, today, Christians of the world are not even close to realizing this heart of God.

God seeks to build one family of man. Therefore, the family, church and nation which God desires transcend all barriers of race and nationality. The people who are a unified blending of all colors of skin, and who transcend race and nationality are most beautiful in the sight of God and most pleasing to Him. ...

More:

http://www.tparents.org/moon-talks/sunmyungmoon76/760601.htm

(Copyrighted material. Republished by permission.)

//

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

I think this whole thing was innapropriately labeled as it is less about Rev. Moon and more about hawkish college kids who have mucho excuses for not going to Iraq.. playing the victim card for Rev. Moon also sucks.. it like comparing raisins and grapefruit.

Thanks for the post of a 32 year old speech by Rev. Moon, found it enlightening, contemporary and really pertinent to this thread.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You need to be talking to the guy who started this thread, cry-baby. Here, you need a nappy?? :trolls:

If you or anyone wants to bring up Rev. Moon, you know you'll be hearing from me. Don't worry, I'm fair: if it's an accurate story, I'll say so; if it isn't, I'll tell you that, too. The time for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth has come for all of us.

I think it's called "Judgment Day". Read it somewhere.

//

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

That was then this is now, it's a whole new world out there today (ask Oprah).

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

It is and always be unfair to you as you are blind to any possibility of deviation from the ways of the unification church... they are always right.

16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

moon pie in the sky... give me all yer money and wives.

ORGY TIME!!!!

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Never said that Unificationists are "always right". What I am saying is that there will never be another person who has devoted more, invested more, or given more, sacrificed more for creating God's ideal world than Rev. Moon. Unificationists can err, and do err, but Father Moon has demonstrated the way of God's ideal world, God's Kingdom. No doubt in my mind about that. I've studied kingdoms, democracies, and everything in between, and Dr. Moon has made the true foundation for God's original world of no sin.

//

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Oh my god are you blind.. to speak in such absolutes indicates where you are in your life and situation.. nothing on this earth is this black and white..

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OK, Mr. All-Knowing, All-Seeing, All-Omnipresent. What's your real name, Karnac-the-Magnificient???

I thought you died with Johnny Carson?!!

Anyway, you will definitely see it when you LEAVE this earth. Psst, and btw, that will make your earthly life seem like a single breath.

//

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ah yes. Long overdue. .... And, with that, on display is precisely why no one on this forum really likes you, Fog. Sorry.

I mean, I know the spiteful new guy pledges his allegiance to you, clergyman. But we all know the reality.

Your condemning, judgemental, theocratic rhetoric has earned the scorn time and time and time and time again.

You're like an irritating, book-toting Witness at the door, only with a smarmy, condescending, won't-take-no-for-an-answer approach to your mission. Can you imagine how many people would have forcefully tossed you out of their living rooms by now? I hope you're wearing pads.

It's time to get something straight, radical: ... Just because people don't believe in God the same way YOU do doesn't make us all "Godless," mmm-kay?

Might wanna try and get your head around that at some point.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008